• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

It worked. I just booked 2 stays for July 2021. I was able to reserve park days for the full length of both stays. I also have stays in July and November 2021 for which I was able to book full park days. This is for unactivated Platinum AP vouchers.
So glad it worked for you! how were you able to book for November 2021? I have tried all morning to book the second half of my October stay and I’m not having any luck.

Has ANYONE been able to cancel yet? I actually made it to being on hold on the monthly payment line with an estimated 90-min wait, but if they still can't do anything this seems futile.
Just got off the phone. Can't cancel yet but it sounds like we will be able to

I am on hold now waiting to do the exact same thing. Been on hold for 58 mins now.
Let us know what you find out! I had to hang up to take a work call :(
Just got off the phone. Can't cancel yet but it sounds like we will be able to

View attachment 503778

ETA: So they're just referring back to the website still. Ugh. Thanks for reporting back!

Do AP fully paid get the time Disney was closed plus 1 month? My AP expired June 4. Right now I show an extension until 9/29 and am wondering if this will further extended until the end of October. Am I reading correctly on the pass holder site.

That is what I have understood. It sounded like the +1 month that is supposed to make up for lack of Hopper is going to be added at a different time, and that there will be an email communication on this.

From the language on the website, it says that the additional month will be added in October. I'm not sure how that'll work for those who have passes that expire before October...

Can you renew Annual Passes at anytime? My pass has been extended until 12/26/2020. My original expiration date was 08/31/2020. I have SSR reservations in Feb 2021 and April 2021 but can't make Park reservations because my passes will be expired.

I have a platinum AP that originally expired 11/18/20 and is extended to 3/21/21.

I was able to reserve Park Passes for my two upcoming onsite trips in November 2020 and February 2021. But I cannot reserve parks for April 2021 even though I have an onsite resort reservation..

Also note that in October they are going to add an additional 1 month extension (not sure if that was reflected in your post) so that may carry into your April trip. Not sure if that affects your decision to renew or not.

From what I heard, yes.
Here is a # to call with your question.
If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Options to manage your annual pass continue to be available during the closure period.

Last edited:
My husband and I have Platinum Plus AP's. We activated them last Dec, and planned to use them on a large family trip this May, and then my husband and I were going again in Dec. 3 trips. Our family trip is being moved to next June. We don't know if we should cancel our Dec trip. We probably won't decide until we know if there will be fireworks, story tellers, food kiosks, CP, and other holiday happenings that we were looking forward to. We had paid for these AP's in full at the time of purchase.

We've been patient, and were hoping that WDW would extend the same kind of treatment to us that they've shown to date based multi day ticket holders. Those have been extended for use out to Sept 26, 2021. What did AP's get? An extension of approx 4 months for the days the parks were closed. This is only right. And now another whole month! And that won't be done until October. It seems like they gave AP renewals an extra month during a period last year and/or the year before. I could be wrong on when it was, but I remember reading that AP renewals would be for 13 months instead of the 12. The thing is this, that extra month was full of all of the benefits entitled that AP. Not a stripped down version.

So for us, our Platinum Plus AP was to give us park hopping at all 4 parks, plus water parks, and some other features. We would also get the Photo Pass. We could go to any park we wanted, on any day we wanted. Maybe even try for 4, which we have yet to do. But now? Even with the measly 1 month extension, we won't have tickets for our rescheduled family trip. There isn't any date yet on when the water parks will open, so maybe we won't have that benefit. No park hopping. Limited number of days to get in to the parks and need to use the reservation system until at least Sept 26, 2021. It's so nice that Disney extended date based tickets thru then to give those people a chance to come up with dates that will work for their family trip.

So maybe we should get a refund. What date do we need to make that decision by? But wait, we don't even know exactly how much the refund will be. Then we take the money and buy 1 park per day tickets. Extra money if we want a water park. Extra money if we want the Photo Pass. We need to buy the tickets before we can book our park reservations.

What we would really love is to have our AP's extended out for a longer period of time. We don't feel comfortable going to the parks right now. Among other things, I am claustrophobic and have a difficult time wearing masks. I can only do it for a short period of time and then I have to remove the mask because I can't breathe. We're not local, a 24 hr drive away, or a couple of airplane flights that we would really dread during these times. So we would like the benefits of the tickets we already have, but for use at a later date.

I would imagine that there are a lot of AP holders out there that also feel that Disney has not treated them as fairly as they have treated the multi day date based ticket holders. If so, have you contacted Disney or do you plan to? If you have already, who did you email or call? Did you receive a response? I would think that if enough AP holders contacted Disney and let Disney know their feelings, that maybe, just maybe, Disney would do the right thing.

I've read that Shanghai Disney is stopping the clock on the AP's until the park reservation requirement is over. Why not here? That would be wonderful if we could have that time next year to go to WDW the way we planned to this year. Maybe WDW could offer another option for the AP's. How about stopping the clock, and then letting the AP holder pick when to start it again? For instance, we would like to restart it next June and have it go thru December, 2021. That would give us the same 2 trips that we had planned to take this year. It would seem like a reasonable request. Before the Covid 19 shut down, people were purchasing tickets by picking the dates that they were wanting to be at WDW. That's what I would like to do with our AP's. They were active for approx 3 months, so please let us pick the 9 month period that the AP's would be active for in the future.

I plan to contact Disney with our concerns. What would be the best email address to handle this?

Thank you for taking the time to read thru this. Our family, like so many others out there, has become very disenchanted with how Disney has handled this. Thanks again.
I feel exactly same way. I sent email to wdw.guest... on June 19 and haven’t heard back yet. I asked to “freeze” my AP. Maybe more people will ask the same and Disney will do the right thing.

Finally got through to someone on chat last night. Granted it took 6 hrs for them to answer, but he was very nice. He did tell me it could take up to 2 days to see my passes updated with the extension. As of now, still nothing. Still holding on to hope.

I made my final monthly payment on platinum pass Mar 3 and expired on Mar 30. Pass no longer shows on app or site. After 40 attempts calling today finally got through and was on hold 3 hours 45 minutes. CM was super nice but said the monthly payment team would need to add the extension. They closed at 8p so I have to call back tomorrow.

If your pass was on monthly payment plan, skip the hold time on VI Passholder line and call 888-701-4100 option 3.

Good Luck.
Thank you so much for this! I called this number after not getting through at all on VI Passholder. I was speaking to a human 45 minutes later and my passes are now extended.

I am so sorry if my question has been covered, please direct me to the answer.

I have a platinum AP that originally expired 11/18/20 and is extended to 3/21/21.

I was able to reserve Park Passes for my two upcoming onsite trips in November 2020 and February 2021. But I cannot reserve parks for April 2021 even though I have an onsite resort reservation..

Do I have to renew my Annual Pass NOW in order to reserve park passes for April 2021?? Is renewal this early possible? Or should I add tickets to my resort stay and then convert them somehow to an AP later (if that's possible, I have no clue)?

(I sincerely hope that by April 2021 we've moved past the park days reservation system, but for now, I'm working with the system as it stands!)
Yes, I do believe you'll need an active pass or valid tickets for dates after your AP expiration in order to get park passes. The only way to convert tickets is to go to GS before activating them and using the value to renew your AP or towards buying a new AP. I heard of people being able to extend 60 days prior to their original expiration date, but not before then. In October, the AP is supposed to be extended an additional month so it's totally up to you if you'd want to wait to October for that month extension before reserving park passes, buy tickets now to reserve park passes and then apply that ticket amount to renewing/buying a new AP, or wait to renew before reserving park passes.

Finally got through, and sure enough can't do anything,. Said just got to keep waiting

I said, doesn't seem ight I could be screwed for Fri, response was just the, we're working hard on it.

whatever

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter