• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Package vs. Hotel Only

LilLisaLou

Mouseketeer
Search isn't working for me and I went back 10 pages and didn't see this answered...

We are APs. We are thinking of staying at DLR on Saturday night so my daughter and I can stay at the park while my husband goes off to watch the Big Game.

Is there any big advantage to doing the AP package vs. just the hotel and doing everything yourself, other than the lanyard?

Thanks,

Lisa

What is the ap package? I dont think I've heard of it.

I always seem to have bad luck trying to get a room in the first place close to the arrival date. However, if you can get a room, I *think* that packages are two nights or more. If you are only staying the one night I would try getting a room through the various online discount sites. If they aren't available and there is a room available at the hotel directly, you can always use your AAA or Disney Visa for a discount, if you have them. AP rates sell out quickly so I've always had bad luck with that too. All you can do is try. Good luck!

As far as what the AP vacation package is, it is the WDTC vacation package without tickets for people who have annual passes. Now, if it starts at $210 per person double occupancy at Jolly Roger, that looks pretty high since AP rates at the hotels are usually about $89 per night. If you are staying Friday and Saturday night, did you want to spend that much for lanyard, pin, PS vouchers for shows, Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness, a room with a view (after all I've read, this is required for the vacation packages), and a lithograph (part of the 50th resort package). I think you just want a room. I'd stick with calling the hotel and trying to use any discounts you are eligible for.

Thanks. We ended up just doing hotel only. We go next weekend!! I'm so excited! Now I need to read up on whether concierge is worth the upgrade. I'm sure there are several threads about that.

In terms of being worth it: if you want to save money- no not "worth it". If you want to be pampered, YES! Worth it.

We did it in Oct at PP. The breakfast is cereal, pastries, bagels, juice, milk, fruit. I figure for our family that saved us about $30-40 a day on breakfast. We took water, pop and juice to our room and the park. That saved us some. Drinks in the park add up quick- but who wants to drink it warm or carry heavy packs around? So, we usually took one a day per person to the park. We made it back one evening for the beer/wine/ hot snack/ cheese and crackers. It was a light dinner for us. My FIL and MIL made it a couple more times then us, as they couldnt handle the long hours in the parks (they are in their 70's). The turn down service/ chocolates on the pillows is very nice. We never did use the DVD player and DVD's. There just wasnt time. The staff was wonderful and helped before we even asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter