AP Question - will I keep my Park Hopper Plus???

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
My family and I will be going to WDW in August. While there, we plan to upgrade to an AP for all members of the family. Right now we have the park hopper plus option so we can enjoy the water parks on this trip. We plan to upgrade on the first day when we arrive. We will upgrade to a Platinum Pass, which does not include the water parks. If we upgrade on the first day, will we still retain our privileges for the water parks for this trip or will they be lost? TIA!

Nope. And if you use any of the plus entitlements before you upgrade, you'll have to get the Platinum plus pass

Nope. And if you use any of the plus entitlements before you upgrade, you'll have to get the Platinum plus pass
100% accurate.
Been there, done it myself.
Granted, we didn't intend to use the WP option, we just had those tickets as they were the best deal for the upgrade but you will lose the WP option and if you do use the WP access first (or any + feature) you must upgrade to the Plus AP

Well...the decision for upgrading my APs was just made for me anyway. I can't justify a $900 increase for our family of 4. What a bummer! I was going to pay for the platinum plus too. Oh well.

Would a Water Park AP cost more than upgrading to Platinum Plus? I know I paid $105 for them a few years back and they might be around $130 each now.

Would a Water Park AP cost more than upgrading to Platinum Plus? I know I paid $105 for them a few years back and they might be around $130 each now.
Yeah, it's more to do it that way. I looked into it from every angle. Lol! Thanks for sharing the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter