AP question

saintrob

DIS Veteran
I live in the UK so unfortunately can't travel to WDW at the moment and it's looking unlikely in the not too distant future. I bought an AP renewal voucher in early summer as we were meant to be travelling in Aug 2020 and then Dec 2020. With the park closures my AP only expired on January 15th.

I have another trip booked for Aug 21 and also Dec 21 but realistically can't see the Aug trip happening but have fingers crossed for December. I have five nights booked at AKL in December so have already made my park passes but am unable to book the three AP passes - any idea why?

My main question however concerns the renewal voucher. We are meant to check in on December 19th. Will the voucher start from January 16th meaning that I'll only have one month on my AP?

If so, is it possible to upgrade the renewal voucher for a new AP otherwise it'll be a pretty expensive AP!

Hope all the above makes sense!

It really depends on the renewal you purchased and what it shows in MDE. If it’s a true renewal, it starts the day after your old pass expired and will show thusly in MDE. If you got a voucher, it will still show as an expiration date of 12/31/30 or thereabouts in MDE.

It really depends on the renewal you purchased and what it shows in MDE. If it’s a true renewal, it starts the day after your old pass expired and will show thusly in MDE. If you got a voucher, it will still show as an expiration date of 12/31/30 or thereabouts in MDE.
Thanks for the reply
It has the date 12/31/30 what does that mean?

Thanks for the reply
It has the date 12/31/30 what does that mean?
More than likely it won’t activate until you physically activate it at a ticket window. So it should start the day you first arrive. There aren’t any guarantees of that, but more than likely that’s what it is.

So this is a renewal voucher? Not a new AP?

If so, then it should only be good for a year after your AP expired.

Whether Disney would grant some pixie dust, considering the pandemic travel restrictions you have been faced with, is a possibility.

@Robo, any thoughts on this?

Whether Disney would grant some pixie dust, considering the pandemic travel restrictions you have been faced with, is a possibility.

"Normally" (virtually "always") a renewal does automatically start on the same date as the previous AP expired.
That's exactly what MAKES it a "renewal."
But... Disney can always do anything they want to.
The CM could give the guest any kind of ticket that CM could whip up.

That’s what I’m hoping for. Normally we would have a trip in March, August and then December but I’m not at all confident of getting there before the end of the year.

I live in the UK so unfortunately can't travel to WDW at the moment and it's looking unlikely in the not too distant future. I bought an AP renewal voucher in early summer as we were meant to be travelling in Aug 2020 and then Dec 2020. With the park closures my AP only expired on January 15th.

I have another trip booked for Aug 21 and also Dec 21 but realistically can't see the Aug trip happening but have fingers crossed for December. I have five nights booked at AKL in December so have already made my park passes but am unable to book the three AP passes - any idea why?

My main question however concerns the renewal voucher. We are meant to check in on December 19th. Will the voucher start from January 16th meaning that I'll only have one month on my AP?

If so, is it possible to upgrade the renewal voucher for a new AP otherwise it'll be a pretty expensive AP!

Hope all the above makes sense!
I would call Disney directly and get info straight from the horses mouth. Info keeps changing as does the pandemic. Yu never know when someone answers your questions when exactly they called etc. We too have plans for next fall and winter and are wondering and waiting as there is no way to know how things will look. Be well.

I would call Disney directly and get info straight from the horses mouth. Info keeps changing as does the pandemic. Yu never know when someone answers your questions when exactly they called etc. We too have plans for next fall and winter and are wondering and waiting as there is no way to know how things will look. Be well.
You won’t really know until you get to the ticket window. Even if you call, you’ll get conflicting information. You could call with this question 5 times and get 5 different answers.

You won’t really know until you get to the ticket window. Even if you call, you’ll get conflicting information. You could call with this question 5 times and get 5 different answers.
For "us" questions based on a final say by the WDW organization go to a cast member. (Even though more than ever things are in a state of flux and answers my be unknown, diverse, and/or without parody.) When addressing "our" questions of opinion and personal experiences "we" often seek out the blogs and thoughts of others. To do the latter is "our" personal view point and may not be embraced or used by all readers.

For "us" questions based on a final say by the WDW organization go to a cast member. (Even though more than ever things are in a state of flux and answers my be unknown, diverse, and/or without parody.) When addressing "our" questions of opinion and personal experiences "we" often seek out the blogs and thoughts of others. To do the latter is "our" personal view point and may not be embraced or used by all readers.
What is the passholder help line email address??

What is the passholder help line email address??
Found on internet:

(407) 939-7277
Annual Passholders, use the form below to email V.I. PASSHOLDER Support with questions about passes, benefits or any issues regarding a Walt Disney World Resort visit. If you prefer, call us at (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter