• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AP rate website

OK is their a secret to Room availability?
If I check Monday to Saturday no availability on the AP room lookup, but Friday to Friday I get availability but non-AP rates. This is checking end of Nov and early Dec weeks.

What days of the week are you veterans normally book for availability and AP rates?

First weekend in Dec is an Orlando Informer Meetup weekend - I suspect that has a lot of hotels booked for that Fri night (and Sat).

But other than weekends being harder to get / limited availability, it is really variable and changes a lot. Might be an AP rate on Mon-Wed but Tues- Wed has nothing (why?). Then a week later there is availability for both. Then a week later there is no regular room but club level shows up. Then a week later all rooms are available. Book what you like, then keep checking for your perfect combo since you just never know.

Took weeks to get a single Thurs night at Portofino club in Oct (I only wanted the Thurs); in the meantime a club room was available at all the other hotels or for all the surrounding weekdays at Portofino.

When you change your booking, your deposit is transferred as long as it's the same hotel. If it's the exact same room but a better price, you can add/drop a child to let you change the booking, or else you have to cancel & rebook, which takes a few weeks for the original deposit to be refunded.

How do you know your getting a discounted rate on the AP web page?

I started looking at Oct and early Dec for SF and RPR and Dec was a little cheaper with SF $230 and RPR $340. Only plain Jane std room showed up.
Availability may keep changing on a daily basis. Early December is busy with the OI meetups the first 2 weekends. i attached below what I see when I look for discounts (it says savvy traveler or seasonal rate)

OK is their a secret to Room availability?
If I check Monday to Saturday no availability on the AP room lookup, but Friday to Friday I get availability but non-AP rates. This is checking end of Nov and early Dec weeks.

What days of the week are you veterans normally book for availability and AP rates?
I usually look for Sun - Thurs for AP rates. Still nothing for Aug 14 on that I can see.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 5.42.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 5.42.50 PM.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter