AP reservation question

BuzzandAriel

Earning My Ears
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :confused: Can we buy just one annual pass for a child and use that to get the AP discount for the resorts? Will we need to put the reservation under the child's name?

I believe that it must be an adult AP. However, many have reported never being asked to show the AP upon check in.

I have not tried it myself, so don't quote me on it, but a number of people have said that using a child's AP would be ok

In 2001, my sister, myself and my 2 daughters stayed at ASMu. My sister made the reservation under her name, and asked about the AP discount using the only AP that we had~that of my daughter. There was no problem. I believe that the actual rule is that someone registered in the room must have the AP. And, yes, they DID ask to see the pass when we got there.

:cool:
Thank you for your replies. I got an AP rateat WL for 2 rooms for about 150(including tax) per night. Is that good or should I keep trying for lower for middle of June??

If that is $150 per night/per room and includes tax, it is an OK rate, but you might want to keep trying. Wood's or Courtyard View?

about the child pass being acceptable...
But I have never been asked to present the pass at check-in. Not once.

I don't think you are going to find a much lower rate for June. AP rates are generally the lowest out there, so you did well! I'm assuming you have the woods view since the AP rate is $134.00 w/o tax and courtyard is $165.00 w/o tax. WL is a great hotel, enjoy your stay!!!

BTW, we were asked for AP verification upon check-in at AKL this past Feb.

I have been asked for my AP a few times. However, I think that from what I am hearing Disney is training the CMs to verify the AP. (In one case I know that my AP was verified by the computer. The CM said she could see my AP number. ) Since both my AP and reservations always have the same name and address I wonder if they do that more then we realize.

The last time I used an AP discount I had a voucher to show (hadn't activated it yet), is that still acceptable or will I need to activate it prior to check in? We're staying at FW Cabins in June, $144 pernight before taxes!:smooth:

Last week I call CRO and got a CM named Sawyer, He said as long as I had the Voucher that would be good enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter