APH Hotel prices 2023?

I agree with the booking early. I booked a minion suite for 700 a night at portofino last spring for MLK weekend in Jan 2023 but then kept checking and scored a jurassic park suite for RPR for 570 that same weekend. We don't care about the theming, just the bed space so I was quite thrilled with that change. Those suites go super quick.

I also had booked a reg 2 queen room at RPR for the tuesday to sunday of that week for 340, then in August got that down to 301 a night and rebooked. Now that room type isn't available for the weekend part of the trip. The aph rate for the week days is out and is about 250ish but I don't want to have to switch rooms and rebooking would only save about 100 so I'm not doing it. But I keep checking for that weekend to open up and if I can get the aph rate for all the days I'll rebook. Pays to keep checking!

I found an AP rate at Hard Rock for $385/nt for the entire 5 nights we are there over MLK weekend. We still have our Cabana Bay suite booked but this is the best premiere price I have seen since I started looking in June.

Last edited:
Just rebooked our 4 nights first week of January at Portifino Bay club level at $500 less than what we were paying at RPR club level with APR. Noticed that Hard Rock also had it $550 less than what we had booked a few months back.

My first trip to Universal in 20 years! I just booked Portofino with savvy rate for $461 after taxes for late August. Is this a good rate? It’s too early for APH rate so I booked this as a backup, seems like a really good rate from the $600+ I was seeing for other summer dates.

My first trip to Universal in 20 years! I just booked Portofino with savvy rate for $461 after taxes for late August. Is this a good rate? It’s too early for APH rate so I booked this as a backup, seems like a really good rate from the $600+ I was seeing for other summer dates.
It can be tough to get APH rates at Universal’s Premier hotels, especially if you book multiple nights or a weekend.

In January 2022, my sister booked a 5-night Savvy Traveler rate at the Royal Pacific for $255 (pre tax) for September 2022. Rates only increased after that; we never saw a lower price.

We had a $299 rate (pre tax) at Portofino Bay for the same September but that was for a Sunday and Monday only.

Historically, September rates are much cheaper than August.

Chances are, you’re not going to see a better rate unless your dates are flexible and you are only looking for a night or two.

There’s a good chance that Savvy Traveler rate will be the best you see for your specific dates.

Last edited:
Those are great insight! We have a party of 4, so the $461 rate seems like a great deal with express pass for our whole trip. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter