• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Appetizers only for lunch?

oogieboogie

<font color=darkgreen>If all else fails... reboot!
Has anyone ever did a PS at a nice sit-down and just ordered the appetizers?

The reason I'm asking is that DH really wants to eat at CRT but he really only wants to order the fries, and I just want to order their soup or salad.

Will they seat you just for appetizers?

TIA. :)

Sure, I don't see why not. I always see Disney restaurants as similar to "outside of the World" restaurants, only with less restrictions. We've done just dessert at Disney restaurants before. I would say just tip a bit more.

DD15 and I have done this plenty of times! For example, at Rose and Crown, we love the mushroom appetizer and lamb barley stew. That will fill us up. No need to overeat. I got a sampler appetizer at Bongos so I could try a variety of things. Sometimes she is more "hungry" than I am or visa versa. Just treat it as you would if you had ordered an entree. Tip appropriately!

LindaR said:
DD15 and I have done this plenty of times! For example, at Rose and Crown, we love the mushroom appetizer and lamb barley stew. That will fill us up. No need to overeat. I got a sampler appetizer at Bongos so I could try a variety of things. Sometimes she is more "hungry" than I am or visa versa. Just treat it as you would if you had ordered an entree. Tip appropriately!

I got that sampler appetizer as a meal once, at Bongos - it's HUGE! I think it fed me for 4+ meals, and I still have some frozen in the freezer! :earseek:

We have a PS at Nine Dragons for lunch on NYE. We're planning to order a variety of Dim Sum, as our meal. That's what we prefer. I hope they don't have problem with it.

you'll love 9 Dragons! We had the dinner for two and the kids each had the kids s&s chicken. tons of good food. Theyshouldn't have a problem with dim sum, it's on the menu, plus it may end up costing yo umore than a meal by the time you're through! ;)

Thanks for posting. I wanted to try the chedder cheese soup at LeCellier but I was wondering if they would want to tie up a reservation for soup only. I really didn't want a whole meal because I am determined to eat my way around the WS and there are so many things I want to try. I will make the reservation and not think twice about it. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter