April 2014 car rentals

dennise

DIS Veteran
Has anyone started looking for rates for next April. I know it is much too soon, but wondering if anyone else was looking. We are looking at April 8 - 20. Very high right now.

I've started looking for our 2-week rental Apr. 26, just so I have a number I can put in my budget for transportation. It's definitely too early to find the best rate. I made a reservation with Alamo at MCO so I could secure a rate that I can live with, but I can cancel at any time if I find a better deal. I booked using the Alamo Insiders free single upgrade offer, so I booked a mid-size which was upgraded to standard. If I recall correctly, this will end up being a full-size car because they don't have a standard row at MCO.

Rates & Charges
2 Week(s) @194.97 $ 389.94
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $ 12.50
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $ 36.09
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $ 0.28
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $ 28.00
Vehicle License Fee .71/day $ 9.94
Sales Tax (6.5%) $ 28.45
UNLIMITED MILEAGE INCLUDED
Total Savings -38.99
Estimated Total: $ 466.21

Since I used some AirMiles rewards miles to get a $100 GC for Alamo, my max cost for a 2-week rental will be $366.21. I'm sure I can get a better rate when the MouseSavers codes for spring 2014 start coming out, but at least I have a price that I can budget for in case I can't find any deals for our travel dates.

Honestly, I don't know how much cheaper it's going to get, given that's spring break and all. :confused3

So far, I've seen Budget as the lowest by far. I know it's really early, but I booked with Budget just in case.

MaleficentRN said:
Honestly, I don't know how much cheaper it's going to get, given that's spring break and all. :confused3

I got a full size through Enterprise at the wnd of April last year for 140. So Spring Break really doesnt have much to do with it.

Here is a link to the April 2013 car rental discount thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970663

There's no guarantee that rates will drop (especially if you are traveling around Easter) but reading through the thread will give you some idea of what deals may be out there. Some people in this thread found the best rates became available as late as 1-2 weeks before their reservation date. Bottom line: it pays to keep checking rates and re-booking if a lower one becomes available.

I got a full size through Enterprise at the wnd of April last year for 140. So Spring Break really doesnt have much to do with it.

End of April was not spring break last year as Easter was on April 8.This year Easter was end of March and a standard ran about $250/week around that date.

We paid $254. For an intermediate with Alamo this past April 3-13. Got it on Priceline, but not with a bid and not prepaid.

I've had my mid-size suv through National booked since July dates are 4/10 - 4/21 rate is 367 including taxes and supplemental insurance. The insurance in included with the code I used which why it's there, I never take out the supplemental insurance.... It's the KLM/Air France code... I've always used it and never had a problem. We're Emerald Aisle members so we never go to the counter, just straight to the car and out of the garage......

Also looking for April 2014 car rental. Always trolling the websites. Prices are starting to adjust. At least Avis (that's what we usually use). When I checked 9/30 a 10 day car rental was $683 for pay later (which you could change reservation if you wanted down the road) or pay now @ $581. Even though it's high, it was even higher when I first started looking. On October 10th, same dates and car was pay now $353 and pay later $415. That is also using our wizard number (frequent rental user).

I booked a full size from Dollar using BJs travel website. It was about $100 cheaper than any other website I tried. My rate for a full size from 04/12/14 - 04/18/14 is $265 including tax. I was charged the weekly rate since my reservation was for 6 days and 4 hours,

Late April with Dollar this morning was $230 full size. That includes taxes. Everyone else is very high.

I was checking prices on Kayak and it gave an option to get a quote from "Atlaschoice.com". I checked it and the prices were good. The problem is that I have never heard of them and most trip advisor reviews were bad. Most of these reviews were out of Europe though. Has anyone ever used them to reserve at MCO?

I booked a full size from Dollar using BJs travel website. It was about $100 cheaper than any other website I tried. My rate for a full size from 04/12/14 - 04/18/14 is $265 including tax. I was charged the weekly rate since my reservation was for 6 days and 4 hours,

Booked a full size of BJ's Travel site also. 4/12-4/19 $266 including tax. :thumbsup2

I was able to get National compact car 1 week, 1 day for 283 including all taxes and fees. Still not 100% on if I'll keep it since ideally I'd like it to be lower. But it's a good rate and if I decide to keep the car I can live with that rate. Going to keep looking though!

I was able to get National compact car 1 week, 1 day for 283 including all taxes and fees. Still not 100% on if I'll keep it since ideally I'd like it to be lower. But it's a good rate and if I decide to keep the car I can live with that rate. Going to keep looking though!
Did you use a discount code?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter