April and Jeffery's Wishes Wedding May 14, 2011 - WP/LS - I'm Married!!!

We got our BEO today from our planner and our florist. My bouquet was more than I thought it would be. I thought the total was a little high, but my DF thought it was cheaper than it was going to be. One of the things we asked was for a sample of our floral and for them to take pictures of it. This may cost us $757.75 to do this. I may cut it down to have her do a sample of one design and not the other. I am just not sure how our flowers are going to look together.

I guess we told them at the tasting that we didn't want the sorbet so they didn't put it in the BEO, but I found this thread where people talk about the prices. I didn't know that you could get other molds, so I may ask about a starfish one. I do love the idea of the lighted sorbet.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30845813&highlight=rose+sorbet#post30845813

We may end of taking out the dance floor. I am not sure that it is needed. Also, we may take out the rose petal canons. Has anyone seen a picture of this? Can you send it to me?

The signature drink is $7.00 per drink, so about the same price as beer or wine. We are also getting lighted ice cubes for the drink so that should be fun.
Document.jpg

Document2.jpg

So, I contacted our wedding planner, Carol, who is wonderful by the way. She is always so quick to email us back. Anyways, we took out the petal canons and the dance floor. I saw a video on youtube of someone doing their first dance at LSS and the dance floor was ridiculously small, even for that space. After someone PMed me on here about the petal canons, we decided not to have them. They are just not worth the money.

So, my DF, Jeffery and I watch every single episode of My Fair Wedding with David Tutera. We love that show. What my DF took away from it is that you want to build up drama by having the pre-reception and reception in a different room where guests can't see one from the other. So, now he is concerened that since we are in LSS, the guests will be able to see the reception room from the pre-reception. I talked to my planner and Carol said that we couldn't put up a curtain, but Epcot may have some ropes that we can use to tie the room off so no one can go and sit down before it is time. We just have to wait till closer to the wedding to find out if they will have the ropes available or not, since they only have a limited amount of ropes.

I called and talked to our coordinator, Jason, today about our room block. So, far, we have filled our room quote with just our immediate family's rooms, so that is good. I also booked my room at the Grand Floridian for the night before the wedding. I plan on sharing this with my Maid of Honor. I asked for a late checkout, since that is the room we will be getting ready in, but I guess I have to wait and see if the hotel can accommodate that closer to the wedding. I only need an hour or two more. Hopefully they can do it. Where did everyone else get ready at? Did your coordinator provide a room for you?

We also got our engagement pictures back from Randy. I absolutely love them. I will post some as soon as I can. Right now they are uploading to photobucket.

So, overall, I think we are on track. I am concerned about the flowers we choose, but that is for another post. Hope all is well with everyone. :love:

So, I contacted our wedding planner, Carol, who is wonderful by the way. She is always so quick to email us back. Anyways, we took out the petal canons and the dance floor. I saw a video on youtube of someone doing their first dance at LSS and the dance floor was ridiculously small, even for that space. After someone PMed me on here about the petal canons, we decided not to have them. They are just not worth the money.

So, my DF, Jeffery and I watch every single episode of My Fair Wedding with David Tutera. We love that show. What my DF took away from it is that you want to build up drama by having the pre-reception and reception in a different room where guests can't see one from the other. So, now he is concerened that since we are in LSS, the guests will be able to see the reception room from the pre-reception. I talked to my planner and Carol said that we couldn't put up a curtain, but Epcot may have some ropes that we can use to tie the room off so no one can go and sit down before it is time. We just have to wait till closer to the wedding to find out if they will have the ropes available or not, since they only have a limited amount of ropes.

:

That is good to know about the dance floor in the LSS. I was waffling about it just because the carpet is a low pile and I think would be fine to dance on and the floor is expensive for what you get...

I know exactly what you mean about building up the drama! I love the area that LSS offers for the pre-reception but I wish there was a way to block the rest of the room from view. I wonder if there is any other small/private area to have a pre-reception cocktail hour around the LS complex? Hmm... I do like the idea of at least having it roped off. Either way I know it will be fabulous! And thank you for sharing your BEO. I keep playing around with the budget worksheets in Carrie's book. We are really trying to stick to 30k or below for the Disney portion of things and seeing your costs helps a lot!

When we first said that we wanted our wedding at Disney, both our families said why not just do it at Disneyland. They were not too happy about going all the way to Florida, when Disneyland is so much closer to us. We tried to explain that we love the facilities at Disney World much better than at Disneyland. We didn't want to do our reception in a ballroom and at Disneyland, the Sleeping Beauty room, which is beautiful, wouldn't hold the amount of people we would have. Also, I have bad allergies in the spring, so the Rose Garden was pretty much out of the question.

That being said, since we did choose Disney World and we have family flying from LA and Seattle to Orlando, I feel added pressure to make our wedding unique and special. Is that weird? I guess, I want them to feel that it was worth the trip, since many of coming just for the weekend. I don't want it to feel like an average wedding. I know that our reception spot is unique and we are doing a dessert party afterwards, so all that helps. I am a little worried about the food though.

I saw a special on WE tv, where the chefs pumped steam under a dome on all the entrees and so when the people lifted the dome off their plates to eat, the steam was released. It was very cool. My planner said that on that special they had a $250/per person menu. What made it so expensive was the dome affect, not the food. So, that sucks. Way too much money. She also suggested some things we could add to spice up our menu:
[FONT=&quot]You could add a chilled strawberry soup for $8.00++ per person.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]You could add a sorbet course, ranging from $8.00++ to $25.00++ per person.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You could add Cinderella Slipper Dessert for $20.50++ per person[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You could add your monogram on the cake plate that will be served to the guests for $4.00++ per person.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You could add a scoop of ice cream to the cake plate for $6.00++ per person.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We also asked about having Alice at our rehearsal lunch and this is what she said:[/FONT]
In order to book the Alice in Wonderland Characters, you must book a Mad Hatter Party with the appropriate props. Props such as:
Cheshire Cat $585
Caterpillar $760
Mushroom $120
Watch/Clock Face $225
Tea Pot (large) $815
Tea Pot (small) $760
Flowers $315
You must spend at least $2000 in props in order to be called a Mad Hatter Party. At that point you could add any of the following characters for $900 each or $1350 for a pair.
Alice
Mad Hatter
Queen of Hearts
White Rabbit

That is quite a lot just to add Alice. Not going to happen.

I love your engagement photos!! They turned out beautifully! Makes me wish that I lived close enough to have had my photos there lol

Argh! I am so frustrated. Everything at David's Bridal is being discontinued. We were able to get everyone's dresses with no problems but their shoes have been a pain. I was able to get my bridesmaids shoes, but they had been discontinued so I had to order my jr. bridesmaid's shoes from Kentucky and have them shipped.

I brought them to David's bridal to be dyed Jade and when I went to pick them up, they told me that they didn't have the dye and so they weren't done. They didn't even call to let me know and save me a trip. Now I have to wait a bit longer for them to get the dye and then do the shoes.

Then with the flower girls . . . I have a 5 year old and 8 year old. Almost all the flower girl shoes have heels and if they don't, then they are not dyeable. We found a pair that would work, but at the last moment they told us they were not dyeable. So now we are at square one. I have been on every kids shoe store site I can think of. I cannot find a pair of shoes that match our color. :mad:

On a brighter note, my mom got her dress for the wedding. She got it from David's bridal. It has too been discontinued so I couldn't find a picture. Its silver and looks good on her. Not those traditional Mother of the Bride dresses with those awful jackets.

We ordered our guest book from the Blurb. The date was half way off the page so you couldn't really read it and the last 2 pages ripped when we separated them. I contacted them and they were nice enough to credit me back my money so I could order another one after I changed the date.

On top of all that, we still can't figure out our centerpieces and our flowers. I have no idea what I want to do. So, any help would be very appreciated. Next week we leave for New York for a week, then the day after we get back I am making dinner for my family and my Uncle's family to celebrate his and my Mom's birthday, and then a few days after that my future Mother in Law is coming for a week and staying with us.

Lastly, I may be going to the biggest Loser Ranch with my future MIL for a week. I am very excited. Hopefully, that will jump start some weight lose so we can have kids right away. :cheer2:

I am not very good at posting when things come up. I guess I tend to keep things until I have more than one thing to post. I will have to work on that since we are 3 months or so from the wedding and more and more will come up. I don't want my posts to be very long. They will take forever to read. :)

On that note, we got our champagne glasses. I had them custom made. I got the idea from anther Disney Bride on here.
20110215_9_13.jpg
20110215_9_10.jpg
20110215_9_5.jpg
20110215_9_1.jpg

I am not very good at posting when things come up. I guess I tend to keep things until I have more than one thing to post. I will have to work on that since we are 3 months or so from the wedding and more and more will come up. I don't want my posts to be very long. They will take forever to read. :)

On that note, we got our champagne glasses. I had them custom made. I got the idea from anther Disney Bride on here.
20110215_9_13.jpg
20110215_9_10.jpg
20110215_9_5.jpg
20110215_9_1.jpg

OMG I am in LOVE with your flutes! I may have to borrow your idea and try to find someone to do them for us! :rolleyes1 If you don't mind of course! They came out great!

BTW, I LOVE your engagement photos! I wanted to take mine in Magic Kingdom but they told me I wasn't allowed unless I was having a Disney Wedding.. otherwise I had to choose one of the other parks. :confused3 I was so bummed. But yours came out gorgeous! I'm so jealous! :headache: lol

I'm so in love with those champagne glasses!!!! They are amazing!! And I'm a little partial since The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite movie :)

Finally figured out our rehearsal. We are having our rehearsal at 11am on the friday before the wedding. Our planner said the rehearsal will take an hour and then from there we will be going to the Whitehall Room for lunch. We are doing an Alice in Wonderland themed lunch, but with the Lady and the Tramp Italian lunch menu. We are very excited.

Here are my invites to the rehearsal. I got a cricut for Christmas and I love it.
20110227_9_2.jpg

20110227_9_3.jpg

We also finally got our bridesmaid shoes from David's Bridal. Here is one of them.
20110227_9_8.jpg

Those invitations are FABULOUS! I jsut ordered myself a cricut.. and can't wait to get it in to start playing!

Those invitations are FABULOUS! I jsut ordered myself a cricut.. and can't wait to get it in to start playing!

I've had one for many years, since it first came out and love it, I just don't have but 6-7 cartridges, I've been looking for the disney one but never find the right one and when I do it's not in my budget that week:headache:

Hey Everyone,

It has been such a long time since I have been on here. We have just been so busy. We are now 29 days from our wedding and about 3 weeks until we leave for Disney. So many things have happened.

First off, I saw the amazing ribbon topiaries that people were making on here and I dedcided to try one myself. I made a Mickey head and my flower girls are going to carry them. When I finish, I will be sure to post a picture. I still have to let my florist know that we no longer want the flower wands she was going to make.

Second, I have had such a hard time trying to figure out our photography schedule and how to get everyone to where they need to be. I originally thought that my mom and my DF's mom would want to be with me when I get ready, but we booked 5 hours of photography and our ceremony is at 2:30. That means, that Randy wants to do our first look at 11am. Hair and make up are coming to my room at the Floridian at 8am. My mom did not want to have her hair and make up done that early, so we had to make some adjustments. Luckily, the people at Beaute Speciale are so great. They are sending 2 people to my room at 8am to do mine, and my 2 bridesmaid's hair and make up. Then they are sending 1 person to my Mom's room to do my jr.bridesmaid, my mom and My DF's mom.

The limo will pick up my DF at 10:45 am and we will do our first look at the Floridian at 11am. My 2 bridesmaids will just hang out with us while we do pictures. Then we will go over to the Polynesian for pictures. Then back to the Floridian for pictures at noon. The rest of the bridal party and the parents will be picked up at noon from Saratoga springs and brought to the Floridian for pictures.

After the wedding, the grand parents, parents, bridal party and their significant others, will stick around and take pictures in the pavilion before going to the reception.

Right now I think everything is figured out. Our planner, Carol, is trying to figure out the Limo schedule. We wanted to do pictures at Boardwalk but I guess there is a wedding going on there, so we can't. If we can't do pictures at the Polynesian that is okay too.
Has anyone done pictures there? I would love to see them.

Last week I was at the Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu and I lost 5.2 pounds. This week I have been working hard on watching my calorie intake and trying to workout. We have also been working on programs, place cards, and little things for the welcome bag. When I get things done, I will post pictures.

Tomorrow, I am going with my Mom to see my dress after it has been altered, let's hope all is well.

Well, that is all for now. Sorry I have been gone for so long, but now its crunch time and I can't wait. :banana:

PS I finished my shoes and I absolutely love them :woohoo:

I can’t believe that I am finally married. Since I have not been on here much in the last month or so, I thought I would back track.
We had so much to pack and little things to finish. We left for the airport with 1 large suitcase, 3 large boxes, and 3 carry on suitcases. It was ridiculous how much we had to bring. Luckily we had free check baggage with our Delta card.

We had to bring our Little Mermaid figurines, which took up a lot of the room. I also made our programs, table names, and place cards. We also brought things for the welcome bags for our guests.
Here are our table name signs. They are named after the Little Mermaid figurines.

20110505_9.jpg

Here are some pictures of the autograph book that I made for the flower girls, my junior bridesmaid, and the daughter of my husband's groomsmen
20110505_9_26.jpg
20110505_9_25.jpg
20110505_9_24.jpg

Here are our programs
20110505_9_18.jpg
20110505_9_19.jpg

Place cards
20110505_9_1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter