Aqua Duck?

principessalia

Earning My Ears
I'm a huge coaster fanatic & looking forward to riding the Aqua Duck :sail: :donald:

Are there certain times/rules/regulations on the use of it? Are there weight limits? :stir: :ccat:

Thanks for any input...counting down the days :hourglass

princess: "Princess" Leah

I'm a huge coaster fanatic & looking forward to riding the Aqua Duck :sail: :donald:

Are there certain times/rules/regulations on the use of it? Are there weight limits? :stir: :ccat:

Thanks for any input...counting down the days :hourglass

princess: "Princess" Leah

The aquaduck opens in the morning about 9 and closes about 10 pm (if I remember correctly). Rafts are for 2 but one can ride as long as they are tall enough (applies really to kids). No weight limit.

& its so much fun! I love watching the kids as they ride it past us on the deck below.

Best time to ride are port days we walked right on about 10 times with little or no wait. On sea days expect 20-30 min wait

Rafts are for 1 or 2. There is a lower age/weight limit for kids. DOn't know what it is, but below a certain age, they must ride tandem. If the raft isnt' heavy enough, it doesn't flow right!

The hours are generous, but not all night. Best times to ride are during dinner, during shows, and on port days. Also shortly after lunch on embarkation day. Our max wait was about 10 minutes.

DO wear pool shoes--the deck is HOT walking up those stairs. And when you get out of the raft at the bottom, roll out and then stand up. It is MUCH easier than trying to stand up in the raft (a CM gave me this trick).

They also close when apparent wind reaches a certain speed, 40 -50mph.
When winds reach 35 - 40 they may request two riders only.
Yes, our sailing was windy.

No weight limit!!! DH & I are both pooh sized and we rode together!! The more weight the wetter you get!! It was a blast!!

Can't wait to ride! Thanks for all the awesome tips for riding in port. I think wife and I will hit the CC 5K and then hit the aqua duck when we get back! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

dpantry said:
Can't wait to ride! Thanks for all the awesome tips for riding in port. I think wife and I will hit the CC 5K and then hit the aqua duck when we get back! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Great idea!! We got back OB at CC around 2ish and we could ride as soon as we could run up the stairs!!

Ride 2 people and the person in the back leans back and lifts their butt off the tube-you will fly!!!!!!!

Linda

They also close when apparent wind reaches a certain speed, 40 -50mph.
When winds reach 35 - 40 they may request two riders only.
Yes, our sailing was windy.

had the same situation in August as one afternoon it was two riders only....

Honestly, I was quite heavy on our last cruise, and did it with DH, who is probably about 30 lbs above average. My issue was it would hurt my butt when we'd hit a bump. The REAL issue though is the awkwardness of getting OUT of the tube. There is no "pretty" way to do it. I think if I'm as heavy on the next cruise, I'd have my DH go separately in front of me, so my bottom wouldn't hit so hard, and he could help me disembark.

Been eating healthier though and hope to be at better, healthier weight by next cruise though! :thumbsup2

The more weight, the faster you go. We ran a few experiments, and we all agreed. Two adults were super fast.

The best time to go is during dinner/shows - when there is a show you don't want to see. Then there is almost no line. Especially during the first seating's dinner.

Scrappy_Tink said:
Honestly, I was quite heavy on our last cruise, and did it with DH, who is probably about 30 lbs above average. My issue was it would hurt my butt when we'd hit a bump. The REAL issue though is the awkwardness of getting OUT of the tube. There is no "pretty" way to do it. I think if I'm as heavy on the next cruise, I'd have my DH go separately in front of me, so my bottom wouldn't hit so hard, and he could help me disembark.

Been eating healthier though and hope to be at better, healthier weight by next cruise though! :thumbsup2

Ya I experienced this too! My DH helped me out, after the second time the cm at the bottom asked me if I wanted him to roll me out lol it wasn't that bad but they try to help! I preferred the DH to do some help! I could tell I wasn't the first one he asked! Definitely not stopping me from doing it again in sept!!!

Ya I experienced this too! My DH helped me out, after the second time the cm at the bottom asked me if I wanted him to roll me out lol it wasn't that bad but they try to help! I preferred the DH to do some help! I could tell I wasn't the first one he asked! Definitely not stopping me from doing it again in sept!!!

:rotfl: You'd think they'd made it easier to get out, maybe made the water deeper, so you could step out and then a few steps to get out of the water. I know I had bruises on my knees from getting out.

We rode singles, last trip and I was unsure, if there was a weight limit. I'm cruising with my baby brother, who has Down Syndrome. He wants to ride, but ONLY with me. I figure, if we can do Astro Orbiter, the Aqua Duck will be a breeze. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter