Are all preferred sites fairly good locations?

JessetheCowgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are going to FW in our inlaws RV July 5-12. First time to FW and first time "camping" for us (me, DH, DS4 and DS2).

I reserved a preferred site and requested close proximity to marina. Are all preferred sites fairly close to marina, restaurant, etc?

Question #2:

We really don't plan on cruising through FW much, except to refill mugs and swim as well as travel to MK from marina. Are the preferred sites close enough that we can "make do" without a vehicle or golf cart? No way can we spend the extra $300+ to have a golf cart the whole week.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!

:jester: :bounce: :bounce: :jester:

The preferred site should put you within "spitting" distance of everything except the Meadows pool and the movie area. That will be a little hike for you, but not real bad. I would do without the golf cart, if I were in your place.

:D

Most of the preferred loops are down by the marina which is close for taking the boat to MK or getting your mug refilled. However, not close to the pools or campfire/movie program. There is the 1400 loop that is a preferred loop and is right next to the campfire/movie and pool but not that close to the marina (about 10-15 min walk). The bus system works pretty well and can get you anywhere in the campground. I would decide what you think you will do most and then request a loop close by. But don't sweat it too much there really is not a bad loop or location in the campground.

Thank you both!!

I think we will forego the golf carts and take the bus to the pool. We will also bring our bikes, so I guess that is an option as well.

I am getting so excited about this trip!! It was totally unexpected, but we couldn't pass up my inlaw's offer to use their RV.

I'm sure I'll have more questions since we will be first time RVers and first time at FW.

:bounce: :jester: :bounce: :jester: :bounce:

If you bring bikes, you should be all set. We use bikes to get all over FW. There are bike racks by both trading posts, the petting zoo, Trail's End, the marina, the pool area and the bus stops.

:D

Because you are first timers I would strongly recommend that you take a weekend trip close to home with you in-laws to familiarize yourselves with the RV. Depending on the kind of RV it is there can be a lot more to using them than just driving and parking. It will also give you a chance to get used to where everything is and if there is anything extra you want to bring that they don't have in the RV. It will also give you a chance to see how your kids handle camping and may give you some insights as to what you can do to make the trip more enjoyable to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter