Are any of you members of your local MOMS Club?

Surrender_Dorothy

Earning My Ears
I recently found out there was a chaper of the MOMS club (momsclub.org) in my area. I contacted the group's VP and she promised to drop me some snail mail with the groups' calendar etc. She also invited me to their monthly general meeting which was this morning and I swear I tried to make it.

I got DS all ready to go and discovered the carseat was in DH's car. At work. With him. Over a half hour away. Uh oh.

Time for Plan B. According to MapQuest the church where the meeting is to be held is a little less than 3/4 mile from my house. It's a nice day, so I plop DS in his umbrella stroller and off we go.

I end up going for several blocks in the WRONG direction (because I am directionally impaired).

We run into a wide patch of sticky mud (it rained hard yesterday) which clogs the wheels of the stroller, forcing me to get down on my hands and knees and get it out.

I walk for more than an HOUR and still don't find the place. By this time, I am tired and DS is annoyed at having been in the stroller so long. He asks to go to the park.

So I begin the long trek home. And get lost.

After another fifteen or twenty minutes goes by, I manage to find my way back into my neighborhood and realize that I cannot take DS to the park. Which causes a huge fuss, he wants to get out and play. I'm not about to let him because the park is covered with woodmulch and it's extremely muddy. Yuck.:scared:

I finally convince DS to stop fussing by promising he can watch The Wiggles when we get home while I make lunch. He agrees. :banana:

Let's just say it's been quite a morning.:rotfl2:

Yes, I am a member of a local chapter here in the San Diego area. I have been active in the club for 3 years. It is a wonderful organization!!! I have made some very good friends who have made such a wonderful difference in my life. I hope you find the same happiness in your local chapter. :)

I hope so too. I've only been a SAHM for about a year and before that, I didn't really have time to make mommy-friends because I was working about 40 hrs a week. By the time I got home, I was usually too tired to think straight, let alone go out and look for other parents to be friends with.

It's funny that you posted that. I had been working in wonderful career for nearly 14 years when I became a SAHM. After it was clear to me that my ds was having some serious developmental issues I knew I wanted to be home full time to help him. My son was almost 4 and I had no friends in my community.
All of my "friends" had been co-workers over the years. Anyway when I started to stay at home I knew no one locally. I was not lonely because my ds was such great company and we had so much fun, but I really needed to get him socializing and that made me realize how nice it was to have friends in my hometown.
Our club has almost 50 members, we had about 25 who were really active. There were about 10 of us who had kids due to start kindergarten the following year. I loved getting to know them and soon I had a group of 8 friends who I scrapbook monthly with.
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have friends in my community, and how much I value it because I had never had that before. I hope you make a connection like that in your club - I am not kidding when I say that it changed my life in many wonderful ways!

For us, it just got too expensive to drive him to my in-laws (who babysat for free) and pick him up every day. The gas prices were too high and we discovered it was a heckuva lot cheaper for me to just stay home.

For the last year, we've been working with him through a state-run toddler intervention program, but sadly, that stopped at age three. He's going to be transitioned into the program they have in our local school system in the fall so he can continue to work with therapists, etc on his speech delay as well as his sensory issues (he's a rubber..loves to rub things on his skin and has chewed up every toothbrush we've ever given him because he likes to chew on them/rub them against his gums).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter