Are Birthday cakes available to order ?

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
I just realized DD will celebrate her BD during our next trip to WDW (MAY 04).
Is there a place where I can order a cake? Does the Boardwalk bakery do Birthday cakes? I see were B&YC has a pkg you can order (from Deb Wills site) that includes party hats. I guess they can be picked up from there even if you are not staying there? Has anyone done this before? We will be staying at either BWV or OKW. I want to be able to have a cake for her to wake up to. So I plan on getting one the night before, if possible. Anyone done this or something else that worked out well? TIA

We did the California Grille last week for my kids' birthdays and the restaurant did the cake for us - very reasonable; only $15.

Good, too!

When we were at the poly last June, I went to guest services and told them it was my mom's birt hday. I asked if I could have a mickey photo or something sent to the room. They said that they would take care of it and when we got back from the parks that day, there was a bouquet of balloons, party hats and blowers and two cakes with chocolate mickey pictures on the top (there were 8 of us in adjoining rooms). It was a lovely gesture and made Mom's day (and it was free!). Maybe your hotel will do something similar?

Thanks for the replys:D
joshua4... We will be on a DVC stay, so I doubt they will do anything like that...though it's possible.

Gabrielle... did you have to let them know way in advance? That sounds like a neat place to have a celebration.

We ate at LTT and got a 6' birthday cake for our son for about $10. We told them when we checked in at the restaurant.

We ordered a special cake from the GF to be delivered to our table at 1900 PF - that one cost about $40. That one needed a few days' notice.

What was the 'special' cake you ordered for the GF 1900 birthday dinner?

We saw those beautiful little wedding cakes on the Food Network one night, and DD hasn't forgotten them! Was it one of those kinds of cakes?

My twins are celebrating their 10th birthday next month at WDW and the Disney Cruise. Their actual birthday is on Friday on the cruise, but our last dinner at WDW will be at Cinderella's Dinner at GF 1900.

DJ

We are DVC members and my husband celebrated his 35th two years ago on our trip. I called the Boadwalk Bakery ahead of our trip and ordered the cake. They didn't require a deposit or anything and said they could do pretty much whatever I wanted. We just picked it up that night and enjoyed it in our room. We also picked up some extra balloons from the BWV lobby on our way up. Earlier that night we had dinner at LTT and told them when we made our priority seating about the b-day. They had all the characters and wait staff sing and signed a card--it was pretty cool. Also don't forget to get the button at town hall MK if you are there that day that says "Today's my birthday!" -- It gets you lots of extra attention on the rides and attractions. Have fun!

Hi - I think I arranged for it a day in advance (trying to remember). We were staying in the Contemporary and I tried ordering by phone - I was on hold for a long time. So, I went up to the California Grille personally, around 4 the day before our dinner to speak directly with the CMs at the reception area.

The CMs at the California Grille were very nice and helpful. Our kids were turning 13 and 16 so it was a more grown-up way to celebrate their birthdays which I think my 16-year old son appreciated :) I wanted it to be a surprise for the kids and the CMs said not to worry about me having to mention it when we were checked in - it would all be taken care of. We didn't have any wait for our table either (8:15).

We had a table by the window and as soon as the fireworks were over, our server brought out the lighted cake.

Our server was wonderful by the way. She offered info on the portions of the appetizers and was all-around, friendly. $200 dinner but worth it, I think. The service and food were excellent.

I had originally planned for a fireworks cruise but cancelled that to do California Grille. I think it was the better choice since we were out on the boats all week. When I told my son that the fireworks boat would have been decorated for his birthday, he rolled his eyes and said, thank God I cancelled it. :) 16-year olds. :rolleyes:

What about the Main Street Inn (I think that is what it is called) next to the Crystal shop on Main street in the MK. They do cakes don't they?

We will be celebrating my DD's birthday during our upcoming Oct. trip to WDW. We has a PS at Chef Mickey's one night and I want to make it special. My kids have always wanted to go there and we never seem to get to. Do I need to call ahead of time or should I say something when we go in to be seated?

Lots of good suggestions, thanks everyone! DD will be turning 28 so a good choice for us may be CG, and thanks Snurk71 for the photo, that would be a good choice too.:D

Wow! What a cool cake!

Thanks for posting the link with the picture!

Tithonia88

I had an anniversary cake made at the Boardwalk Bakery but had to pick it up. They said that room service could deliver it but it would be very, very expensive. My DD picked it up for me, so I didn't ask how much it would be delivered.

The bakery had a form to be completed, with several sizes and flavor choices to choose from. I could choose the flavor of the cake and the frosting, the color of the decorations, etc.. A small, 6" cake for just us was about $10, as I recall.

.... and very, very good!

Originally posted by disnaholic
We will be celebrating my DD's birthday during our upcoming Oct. trip to WDW. We has a PS at Chef Mickey's one night and I want to make it special. My kids have always wanted to go there and we never seem to get to. Do I need to call ahead of time or should I say something when we go in to be seated?
We ordered a special birthday cake for our DS at Chef Mickey's. I believe we had to order it 2 days ahead of time. They had all sort of choices for type of cake, et'c.

-DC :)

We stayed at the Contemporary in March & I was able to have a cake delivered to our room for my hubby's bday. The night we arrived I went down to get our mugs refilled & called room service from the lobby. I was able to pick the flavor of cake & icing & then on the day I requested, after a long day in the parks, we came back to the room to discover a mickey decorated cake. He was very surprised! :D It was really tasty & they even brought candles, matches, plates & silverware for us, too! Including delivery it was between $15 - $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter