• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are dining reservations just extra difficult to get right now?

Not sure exactly but that sounds about right…

I assume your stay is on s property and linked to MDE
Yeah, all is linked. Got through to a CM. Sounds like I am not the only guest with this issue. For some reason the dining system is not talking to hotel reso/website/MDE system. She fwd‘d my issue to IT. She didnt expand beyond that some people are affected by a dining/enchanted extras booking system error.

EDIT: The odd thing is that we were able to book a Bibbidi bobbidi reso for DD for Jan 7.

Last edited:
Yeah, all is linked. Got through to a CM. Sounds like I am not the only guest with this issue. For some reason the dining system is not talking to hotel reso/website/MDE system. She fwd‘d my issue to IT. She didnt expand beyond that some people are affected by a dining/enchanted extras booking system error.

EDIT: The odd thing is that we were able to book a Bibbidi bobbidi reso for DD for Jan 7.
Yea, Disney computer systems always seem to be their weak spot….. you would think they could do better than a 486 server

This was EXACTLY us, same window (Dopey Challenge/Marathon Weekend). We were able to book on the phone but we still can't edit or change on the app. We also have a ticket in to IT.
Worried because, as luck would have it, we are back down about six weeks later for a wedding (expensive start to 2023) and it was so frustrating watching our preferred reservations disappear!

We've been going to Disney forever and have never had issue getting our dining reservations squared away.

They need to figure this out - at least if everyone was negatively impacted it would still be an equal playing field. Totally not cool that some people have this issue while others can book to their hearts content. By the time you can call in, dining has been open for an hour and hot places are long gone...

This was EXACTLY us, same window (Dopey Challenge/Marathon Weekend). We were able to book on the phone but we still can't edit or change on the app. We also have a ticket in to IT.
Worried because, as luck would have it, we are back down about six weeks later for a wedding (expensive start to 2023) and it was so frustrating watching our preferred reservations disappear!

We've been going to Disney forever and have never had issue getting our dining reservations squared away.

They need to figure this out - at least if everyone was negatively impacted it would still be an equal playing field. Totally not cool that some people have this issue while others can book to their hearts content. By the time you can call in, dining has been open for an hour and hot places are long gone...

Yeah that's the massive bummer - if everyone was having the +10/hotel link issue, it'd be one thing. But some folks were able to book with minimal issues and I think I may have lost some hair over it 😅 It stinks to see perfect times go away, and there's nothing you can do until the phone lines open.

Hello IT glitch friend. LOL.

We are not big sit down restaurant people so this will not affect us as much as others BUT now that I cannot book ahead I want all the reservations. LOL.

In all honesty, it sucks for people who going for their once in a lifetime trip or a big family holiday. There is not enough hours in the day to do everything and not being able to book a favorite restaurant is not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter