Are rooms at RPR resort as small as they look on Karen's pics?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
The resort looks lovely, but the picture of the standard room looks awfully small. The little table between the beds looks narrow, meaning the beds are real close together and the one bed looks very close to the wall. We have a 6"3" 274# football player teen-ager and we like a little room when staying with him. LOL What does anyone else think about the room size - of course I am only judging from that one picture.

We originally ahd booked PB, but switched to RPR and now I wonder if we will regret the room size with our teenager. Have previously stayed at WL and that room size was okay.

The rooms at RPH are smaller than the rooms at Portofino and HRH. I noticed it as soon as I walked in. I think two adults would have enough room, but any more than that and it would be a little crowded feeling (just my opinion).

The smaller rooms wouldn't keep me from staying there, especially with a nice discount! I do wish the Universal resorts had balconies though. I enjoy sitting on a balcony with a good book and a drink. :)

All rooms have either 2 queen beds or one king bed. Therefore bedding would not be a problem.

You did observe correctly that the furniture is squeezed into the room. There isn't a lot of space to more around like the PBH rooms.

The room at the RPR are the smallest of the 3 hotels. In addition to being small, some of the walls are painted burgandy which gives the appearance of being smaller that rooms painted with lighter colors.

We will have three adults and 2 children in the room. When I made reservations, I was told a rollaway bed would fit fine but some rooms also have a sofa bed. Now I am a bit concerned that we will be way too crowded for our 2 night stay. Can't wait to hear from more people who have stayed there.

I can't remember where I read it, but I think I remember reading these rooms are closer in size to Disney's Wilderness Lodge which are 340 sq.ft.

Standard rooms are supposed to be 350 sq. ft. Nobody ever seems to complain about the rooms as WL so 350 can't be that bad. And at $99 a shot......

99.00?? How do I get that rate?? the cheapest I have seen is 139.?? Is that for Hard rock?? Thanks:D

:bounce: :bounce: Is that 99.00 per night or per adult?? thanks so much Im very excited!! :D
My hubbys job gives us a fan club card!!:D

very cool!!!!! :D :D :D So I need an entertainment book?? Of can I get teh deal with a fan club card?? (sorry for all the questions Im pretty excited)

damo dont mean to be nosey but where about's in oakville do you live? im from the uk but my brother and his wife live in oakville and also have 2 sisters in burlington hope you dont mind me asking.

The rooms are smaller than the other Loews hotels, but I think perhaps a little larger than the WL. We were 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 10) and we had no problem with the size. As soon as you open the door there is some "wasted" space, that seems it could have been used for something else. The first bed is perhaps 12 inches away from the wall, which made it a little hard to make the bed at times (we had a pet in our room so we didn't have housekeeping in everyday). I did wonder though where they would put a rollaway bed in a room that size.

Banjo,

We live in Northeast Oakville. Where abouts do they live? Do they have kids? What schools?

damo thanks for getting back, i cant quite remember the street name as they moved to a new house but all their kids are adults now and it will be the grandchildren that will be at school but again dont know the school name. i know they live neat the oakville mall as my sister-in-law works in sears i will post back when i remember the street name or get it from my sister.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter