• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the Connections Vouchers Worth It?

schatterjee

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying at the BWV (this is our first WDW trip) and will have a full kitchen. I know we'll eat many of our meals in the room, but eating out is unavoidable & fun. So, I've tried to look at Connections as a possible way to save on meals and I'm not sure it's worth it.

The menus that I glanced at on the main board look like they run $7 - 10 for a meal (counter service types) and the vouchers are $11.00. I realize that includes dessert - maybe that's the only way they're worth it... Do you find that you usually order dessert? We probably don't on average (generally we're full) - of course if it's already paid for I'm sure we would. I can see those calories adding up already!

Anyway, I'd love to hear from the "voices of experience"!

Thanks!

We loved the connections vouchers when we used them last Nov. We primarily used the Quick and Casual Lunch and Dinner vouchers. Being that you are planning on being at the BW is great. The absolute best place to use the vouchers is at Beaches and Cream at the BC, a short walk from the BW. We ate there 3 times on our last trip. With the voucher you get an entree, side, dessert and drink. When we ate there we would each get a double burger, ceaser salad, ice cream sundae and a drink. For my drink I always got an ice cream soda. It was enough for us and our DD. We could have fed 4 with the food we got. If you have a big or very hungry group you can get the kitchen sink for dessert. This is a sundae with 10 scoops and every topping - it's huge. The food we ordered would have been over $50, but only $21 with the vouchers. The motif is 50's diner and it fun and neat. I highly recommend it.

The vouchers are also a similarly good deal at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. $50 of food for $21 - and it is pretty good. Other than these 2 locations the vouchers will save you a couple bucks and not much more. We used the Breakfast vouchers as well for some character breakfasts. Those saved us about $5 each meal total - not a lot, but if you are going to order vouchers and you plan on a character breakfast (we love them) it's worth it.

We got the connections service and kept it. We will get meal vouchers for our WDW trips this year (definitely Nov/Dec, and now we are thinking May as well - owning DVC will do that to you). We have saved a lot with gift cards for ToysRUs and several restaurants as well.

Keep me posted on your plans if you are still interested in renting our points. I think you mentioned you might consider buying DVC if you like the villas on the trip you are planning. If you are condisering it, do the DVC open house. They have it right there at the BW. When you make the appointment tell them you would like to eat while you are there. They will give you the same Quick and Casual Vouchers. We had 4 in our party - myself, DW, DD (3) and DS (5 mos) - and they gave us 4 vouchers. It was great. The open house took a little longer than an hour. We had rented points to stay at the WL. We liked it a lot so we decided to do the open house. As you know - we now own DVC. Even though we ended up buying resale, the open house was informative and worth sitting thru. They do not do a hard sell at all.

Let me know if you have any questions :).

Hi,

Can you order anything off of the menu with the vouchers? You mentioned getting the kitchen sink, could you order that as a desert? Do the vouchers include the tip? Thanks for the info.

I have only been to Beaches and Cream but Yes - there you can order whatever you want

The B & C Prime Rib sandwich is 11.95 - it comes with fries - add a bowl of chili 5.95 a drink 1.50 and a kitchen sink for desert 21.95 and you could feed 2 or 3 people for $11.00 and you are getting $41.50 worth of food! The service there is wonderful and although tip is included you will want to tip extra because they make you feel soooo welcome! Our servers name was Tim and he was great! He is actually the one who invented the infamous Kitchen Sink! I slipped him an extra $20 when hubby wasn't looking and then found out hubby did the same thing when I wasn't looking! Tim gave it back and ratted me out! LOL!

My advice to you - go with one voucher, an empty belly and your lactaid!

:) Kerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter