• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

are the off-site hotels shorter walk than dlh ??

sunil

Earning My Ears
Looking at a map of Disneyland, it appears that the hotels on Harbor Blvd (like Park Place Inn) are actually a shorter walk to the park entrance than DisneyLand Hotel !! Is this true ?? From the DisneyLand Link map I saw (cannot post a link here but it shows all hotels in the neighbourhood - great map !!), it appears its just a 2-minute walk from Park Place Inn to park entrance - but you have to walk all the way around the park to get there from DLH !!

Planning a trip with kids (and cannot afford Grand Californian !!). Being in walking distance is highly desirable for afternoon breaks. Which is closer - DisneyLand Hotel or Park Place Inn ?

Sunil

Hi!
Actually, you just have to walk through Downtown Disney to get from DLH to the park entrance. But, you can also take the monorail straight into Tomorrowland. The DTD monorail station is VERY close to DLH.

:sunny: .......Lisa (I know, I know...the siggy!)

Yes the Park Place Inn and the few hotels on either side of it are a closer walk than the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel. There is only about a 5 minute difference in the walk though.
You can walk from the Disneyland hotel to the Downtown Disney Monorail Station and take the monorail into the park (it lets you out in Tomorrowland) but you would still have to walk over to DCA. BUT the hotels on Harbor are not as nice or fun as the Disneyland Hotel. They are much cheaper (usually) than the Disney Hotels.

I agree with the others about the Disneyland Hotel - it's worth it to stay there. You can take the monorail to Disneyland/Tomorrowland, as stated earlier. You can also cut through the Grand Californian to go to California Adventure, and bypass Downtown Disney.

If you decided to stay off property, the BW Park Place Inn is closer, but I prefer the Tropicana, which is almost just as close and has a much nicer pool area (if that is important to your kids). The rooms are about the same.

Another consideration is what the walk itself is like. Some of the hotels on Harbor might be closer but it is a very busy street. Not that big of a deal but not a particularly pleasant walk. The walk from the parks to the Disney properties is actually quite pleasant. You are walking in Downtown Disney, there are always lots of live muscians, nice shops to look at and no car traffic. So while it may take 10-15 minutes depending on how fast you walk it is a very fun walk that just keeps the magic going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter