Are There Incentives for Taking a Tour?

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
With the DVC Contemporary development coming closer to being official, I suspect that a DVC presentation/tour is in my future. Even though we live locally, my husband has been drooling at DVC for a long time, and this might be the thing that sends him over the edge (we could sequester annoying relatives there when they visit, or leave them in our house while WE flee to the resort!). I've heard people getting FPs, dining vouchers, and other stuff as incentives to take a tour, but I've never noticed that myself. Do they give out premiums? If so, is it only at certain times of the year? If we're going to do the tour, we might as well get something for it.

My Father did a tour/presentation with DVC a few years ago and he did get a couple of meal vouchers.They didn't cover any high end places but we did get a free lunch at Beaches and Cream.:thumbsup2

I'm not so sure about touring, but I know for referalls there is. But it is also dependent on what state you live in. I live in Texas, and we can't receive the referall fee.

Currently you'll get a couple of fast passes. Some people are known to schedule an 8 AM tour so they can get their FP's early that day for the park.

We were there in February and they gave me $50 gift certificate and gave my guest a $50 gift certificate.

We toured in January

Got FP's for everyone,ice cream and a photo of us in the ice cream parlor

Mule

Do they tell you beforehand, or do you have to wait till the end to find out what the current goodies are? I figure that it might be a good time to take the tour and then make our actual buying decision once the Contemporary goes for sale. Those FPs would sure come in handy for Soarin' during the summer!

If you got one recently, where/when did you tour and how did you "sign-up" for the tour?

In May when we stopped at the kiosk in MK the guy there told us we'd get the VIP FP's (which are awesome btw!). We also got another set the morning we went to sign. :)

VIP FP's! :love: My DH and i will be down there in Sept with a group. We will only be in the parks for Night of Joy. (4-midnight) I would LOVE to take a tour and get some VIP FP's, any advise? (We really are looking at buying DVC and we are eating at WCC at WL on Saturday at 2:30.)

They were good for 3 days and you can get it to use right now as long as there are FP's available. We used it for Soarin', and other e-ticket attractions which we wanted to go on then and there, but not wait. There were 3 on each pass too. :thumbsup2

We fell into the "happy trap" of DVC after being unable to resist a $100 gift certificate offered to us in our room at Wilderness Lodge last January after a Magic cruise. We actually made the reservation and did the tour during our midday transition between parks! The certificates were good for a year, but it didn't take nearly that long to spend them ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter