• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are they letting Cabana Bay go?

We have stayed at CB countless times and have not encountered any major problems. I agree that the food court is not great but the food at the bowling alley is pretty decent for the price. Never had a problem with house keeping. Pools are terrific and we have never had a problem getting a towel at the pool. Room has always been clean and beds/bedding are OK - what you would expect at a value hotel. Overall, we love the theme and will be back.

Just returned from a 4 day stay yesterday, 5/18-5/22. Our experience could not have been any better! We loved the resort. We tried Cabana Bay based on a friend's recommendation. We usually stay deluxe or moderate at Disney. We had a tower family suite and LOVED the extra room and kitchen. I also loved the split bathroom. I found this room to be cleaner, larger, and nicer (I know it's much newer) than those at POR and POFQ at Disney. We found it very clean, never had a problem with housekeeping. On our second day, there seemed to be a housekeeping manager checking to make sure all rooms had been cleaned on our hall.
We had to call maintenance once to fix the volume on our tv and they were prompt and fixed the issue.
We had a 6th floor room and 2nd room from the very end of the Continental bldg, didn't have a problem with water pressure. It was a hike to the bus, but we have teens and that didn't bother us at all. They liked being able to go right down our closest elevators to the pool and lazy river. I mean, in the grand scheme of all the walking we did, it really wasn't that much more to us.
We never once waited on a bus. It seemed there was always a bus waiting or pulling up right as we walked up from Canana Bay or from City Walk. The buses were great.
We had a back parking lot view. We could see out the end window of our bldg to the new water park construction. Honestly, I couldn't care less what my view was. We didn't go on this vacation to look out our window. When we checked in they asked if we had any preferences and I just told him to put us wherever.
The pool areas were very clean, as was the lazy river. The staff was very nice everywhere at the resort.
I recommend checking out the food at the diner. We assumed it wouldn't be great as compared to experiences at other resorts....we were very wrong. We didn't go until the next to last day. They had so much to offer and everything we had was good, better than your average fast food options. My kids loved the fro-yo and icees. It exceeded our expectations.
I think possibly with the current complaints, that they were on their toes and making sure all areas were tended to. My one and only recommendation would be for them to splurge on nicer bath towels!
We really enjoyed this resort and would highly recommend it to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter