Are wait times really as low as the app says?

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
I have been watching wait times in preparation for our trip next week, and they are consistently reasonable. For example, right now at 1 pm Gringotts and FJ are both 30 mins, as is the Hogwarts Express. Those seem really really reasonable to me. Can we expect that next week, do you think?

We were at the parks last week- Thurs-Sat on Memorial Day weekend. We were there later afternoon and I didn't think the waits were bad. We used our after 4 EP, but the waits at F&F were 25 min, Mummy was 20 minutes, Gringotts 35 minutes. I think the longest standby wait was Kong at 55 minutes. So, based on my experience and what you see this weekend on the app, the wait times don't look too bad.

The best times to go for shorter waits are first thing in the morning and later on in the day. Late morning and midday will be the longest wait times at the rides.

We were there Memorial day weekend and with EP, we hardly waited at all. I think the longest we waited was about 20 min for Fast and the Furious, which showed a standby wait time of 25 min, so obviously standby was longer than that. That seemed to be a slow moving queue though. I do think crowds will start picking up as more schools are starting to get out.

Also, there was rain in the forecast all last week. That scares away the crowds.

Thanks for the feedback. We leave June 6, so I’ll report back after that!

I have been watching wait times in preparation for our trip next week, and they are consistently reasonable. For example, right now at 1 pm Gringotts and FJ are both 30 mins, as is the Hogwarts Express. Those seem really really reasonable to me. Can we expect that next week, do you think?

My family and I were at IOA on Saturday and I can confirm it was noticeably slower. We have little ones and walked onto everything in Seuss Landing, 20 minutes for FJ and 15 for Spider-Man and Hulk. It was hot and humid as anything, but nothing this FL resident couldn't handle. Great day!

We were there the Friday through Sunday pf memorial day weekend and we found the wait times app was very accurate. I was surprised it was not packed as I thought it would be. But crowds were very manageable. It rained a lot so that may have kept some away...but I found the app was very accurate

Thanks for your experiences! We are there, offsite, June 6-12. Last visit was 5 years ago.

Ready for the predicted rain every day, and hoping for reasonable crowds!

Thanks for your experiences! We are there, offsite, June 6-12. Last visit was 5 years ago.

Ready for the predicted rain every day, and hoping for reasonable crowds!

You have enough days to see a lot without EP!!

They also have very good water rides. If that interests you, you may want to bring extra clothes to put in a locker and change into. I love the rides, but hate walking around wet all day!! Even Jurassic Park can be unpredictable- sometimes we are splashed and we've also gotten drenched! For that one, we put ponchos on!

Please come back and tell us about your trip!:thumbsup2

We got home yesterday, were at the parks from Friday 6/1 thru Monday 6/4
It was surprisingly low for a weekend, quite honestly.
Oddly, to me, Monday was the busiest day of all. I guess more families came in over the weekend as more kids got out of school over that week. Our kids got out the week before Memorial Day so we were at the end of our trip.
I like it that way, getting out a little earlier than everyone else so we can get our summer started a little earlier, just before the crowds get going.
Anyway, the wait times on the weekend were lower than Monday. Looks like they are still about the same today, as they were Monday.

Oddly, to me, Monday was the busiest day of all. I guess more families came in over the weekend as more kids got out of school over that week. Our kids got out the week before Memorial Day so we were at the end of our trip.
I like it that way, getting out a little earlier than everyone else so we can get our summer started a little earlier, just before the crowds get going.
Anyway, the wait times on the weekend were lower than Monday. Looks like they are still about the same today, as they were Monday.
Good to know! We leave tomorrow, and I'm optimistic about the crowds.

It used to be that Sunday was the lowest attendance of the week just because that was a travel day for most people.

It used to be that Sunday was the lowest attendance of the week just because that was a travel day for most people.
Yeah, Sunday didn't surprise me too much. Saturday's wait times did. I expected it to be busier than it was, maybe more locals to be there, I guess. But I suppose they were busy with other end of school year things or something. I felt Monday was noticeably busier than Saturday.

Checking in from vacay! Wait times very reasonable all day for us. We stayed in US open to close. Hitting IoA hard tomorrow.

I will say that there are No words for Diagon Alley. Blew us away.

We were at the parks last week- Thurs-Sat on Memorial Day weekend. We were there later afternoon and I didn't think the waits were bad. We used our after 4 EP, but the waits at F&F were 25 min, Mummy was 20 minutes, Gringotts 35 minutes. I think the longest standby wait was Kong at 55 minutes. So, based on my experience and what you see this weekend on the app, the wait times don't look too bad.

The best times to go for shorter waits are first thing in the morning and later on in the day. Late morning and midday will be the longest wait times at the rides.

Can you tell me about the after 4 EP? My former hairstylist said she did this every day of her visit a couple of years ago. Yet, I never saw any information about a half day EP online when I was researching for our November trip last year. We stayed a week & didn't end up needing EP but I'd love to know for future trips. Thanks!

Checking in from vacay! Wait times very reasonable all day for us. We stayed in US open to close. Hitting IoA hard tomorrow.

I will say that there are No words for Diagon Alley. Blew us away.

Good news about the wait times! Diagon Alley is amazing!!
Have fun!!

Can you tell me about the after 4 EP? My former hairstylist said she did this every day of her visit a couple of years ago. Yet, I never saw any information about a half day EP online when I was researching for our November trip last year. We stayed a week & didn't end up needing EP but I'd love to know for future trips. Thanks!

We have Premier Annual passes- they include an after 4pm one time use at each ride express pass.
The Premier pass also includes one free HHN ticket (non peak days) and better discounts on food and merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter