Are we crazy for booking November 21?

sazamophone

Earning My Ears
We're currently having a look at pricing etc for Disneyland California in November and it seems very tempting, but with the current situation we're second guessing ourselves. We've been super strict around COVID regulations and are by no means gasping to get back to "normal", but we'll both be fully vaccinated by then and it's so far in the future that it doesn't seem as scary or crazy as the idea of going earlier in the year. Is anyone else booked for around this time?

We're currently having a look at pricing etc for Disneyland California in November and it seems very tempting, but with the current situation we're second guessing ourselves. We've been super strict around COVID regulations and are by no means gasping to get back to "normal", but we'll both be fully vaccinated by then and it's so far in the future that it doesn't seem as scary or crazy as the idea of going earlier in the year. Is anyone else booked for around this time?
Not crazy at all. I'm booked for Oct at WDW and I'm aware of the current restrictions, issues that may arise ect but am fully prepared to take that chance and keep my holiday booked unless I absolutely have to cancel.

It depends how you feel about restrictions on the trip.

In terms of the trip getting cancelled I think places have pretty good policies now and refunds are much quicker than early covid.

The only thing that would stop me is I struggle wearing a mask so the flight time plus airport time in mask is enough to stop me booking. Obviously if you are choosing not to travel as personal preference due to not liking and if the restrictions in place at the time of travel , it's much harder to get cancel /refunded.

Not crazy at all. I'm booked for Oct at WDW and I'm aware of the current restrictions, issues that may arise ect but am fully prepared to take that chance and keep my holiday booked unless I absolutely have to cancel.

I think part of it is we've all been inside so long it seems mad to book so we're talking ourselves out of it - but the hotel we're looking at is no fee cancellation up until October etc, so risk is semi-minimal. We're thinking, everyone has moved their holidays to 2022 so it'll be absolutely crazy for a while at the parks, we've just sold our house so have the cash, and California's been a dream trip for a while (we've done WDW a few times). Thanks for the response, it was really helpful to get an outside perspective!

It depends how you feel about restrictions on the trip.

In terms of the trip getting cancelled I think places have pretty good policies now and refunds are much quicker than early covid.

The only thing that would stop me is I struggle wearing a mask so the flight time plus airport time in mask is enough to stop me booking. Obviously if you are choosing not to travel as personal preference due to not liking and if the restrictions in place at the time of travel , it's much harder to get cancel /refunded.

It's the cancellation if everything shuts down etc we're most worried about to be honest - we flew into a hurricane in 2019 because Virgin were like nope, you're going, don't care if you have to lock down when you get there, so we've had bad experiences with it. The big worry for me is US goes red list while we're there and we have to hotel quarantine, but politically I can't see them doing that...

Restrictions we're sort of semi-okay with. I know if never do WDW in a mask, the Florida heat and humidity would be a killer, but California in November seems much more manageable (I wear one for long stretches at work) and we're go with the flow holidayers so don't mind having a sit down for a mask break/drink. My OH is convinced that by November the Disney mask mandate will be lifted. I say he's dreaming!

I think they have said there will be a 3 week notice period of countries changing colour ! However as we have seen what they say and what they do are not always the same thing🤣

If it happens there's going to be quite a mob from here over there end of Oct / start of Nov. :rainbow:
At the mo it's only California residents, which is worrying us as we don't know how long it'll last... but I've seen reports that WDW are currently phasing out their temperature screenings. It's all very confusing that they don't have the same approach in all the parks!

Nope we’ve rebooked for 23rd October this year, moved our July booking.
Ah that's reassuring - I'm hoping the Cali parks start catching up with Florida in terms of opening up to non-residents. I think its because DCA is seen as a "locals" park and doesn't get the same kind of international travel as WDW, but who knows what goes on at Parks HQ!

I think part of it is we've all been inside so long it seems mad to book so we're talking ourselves out of it - but the hotel we're looking at is no fee cancellation up until October etc, so risk is semi-minimal. We're thinking, everyone has moved their holidays to 2022 so it'll be absolutely crazy for a while at the parks, we've just sold our house so have the cash, and California's been a dream trip for a while (we've done WDW a few times). Thanks for the response, it was really helpful to get an outside perspective!
I 100% know where you're coming from as 2022 is ridiculous so its either this year or holding off until 2023 at the earliest.
For a no fee cancellation, go for it! 😀

Nothing wrong with hope but i think it will be futile. I think it will be next year at the earliest for USA

Personally I still think US will be an option from July onwards subject to all things COVID keep stable / improving for both countries, US & UK have been missing out on so much financially something will have to give this year, also I am not just thinking of holidays when I talk financially, business deals, home moves contribute billions to both economies ...

If it happens there's going to be quite a mob from here over there end of Oct / start of Nov. :rainbow:
We are planning to be there from 16/10 to 31/10. Our flights are booked and we've paid the villa deposit. We are waiting for just 1 orange day to appear on the Disney park reservations and we will book refundable Disney and Universal tickets. Whether we go or not will depend on the USA borders being open and quarantine/test free travel to and from the US. We feel that things are slowly changing in the parks and that there will be some semblance of normality by then with some minor changes due to the pandemic. Would love for there to be at least 1 firework show, the castle light show, a parade and ride pre-shows by then but will settle for 2 out of 4.

If you have the ability to move to cancel the trip on relatively short notice, I don’t think there’s an issue. Vaccinations are moving fast for both the UK and the US. I think travel will open up over the summer, hopefully with vaccine passports in place. The bigger call will be if Disneyland opens fully. They’ll be more cautions.

Nope we’ve rebooked for 23rd October this year, moved our July booking.
We are there from the 17th October see you there lol.

Im hoping things will be a lot different by October, facemark rule now changed I don't mind wearing it inside in the AC, wasn't looking forward to walking round all day with it on.
Also looks like Fireworks and some shows may be back so I think it will still be amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter