Are we the only ones that don't do WDW?

Pop-up-family

Earning My Ears
I'm just wondering are we the only ones that just go to Ft. Wilderness to camp? Seems like everyone does the theme park thing. We live local and just like to go there and enjoy the campground. I know out-of-staters will do the mouse thing, but do other locals just go to camp?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Sherri

I think maybe Disney Campers goes there and just camps sometimes! Scott - you can answer this one! :p

When we move down to Ft. Myers in a couple of years, we are definitely planning on going to FW just to camp whenever we can!

For those of us who don't already live in Central Florida :( , we don't get to take as many trips "home" to WDW, so we have to make the most of every minute while we're there :Pinkbounc

Maybe someday we'll live closer :smooth:

the place fills up nearly every weekend from locals, while the parks are nice we do like to just relax in the campground, its the perfect escape, and we will be escaping in exactly one week from today, sister got a jpb at the Disney store and wants to try her new discount out at Fort Wilderness, Who am I to say no:p :p :)

We were there for the first time last week and loved it so much that the dw wished there was a similar campground here in the northeast. But there is nothing quite like FW anywhere but there.

Well Scott, we'll be driving out the gate as you drive in. We're going Monday through Friday. Glad to know some other local's just camp at FW. We do a lot of camping all over Florida, FW is just a once or twice a year thing.

Sherri

Hey Pop-Up Family, we'll be there then too. Actually we arrive next Saturday and stay through Friday the 16th. We'll be in tents and am guessing we'll be on Loop 2000.

If you see a maroon mini-van with CT plates and a bike rack that's us!

scott,
we will in ft wilderness the week of may 9th -17th. Is that the same time you will be going?

We arrive on the 9th and leaving on Tuesday, we will ask for 1100 or 1200 loop, stop on by and say Hi:wave:

We go just to camp. We have PAPs and we will go over to the parks a little or for a show or parade. If we really want to go to the parks we will get a hotel room. Its cheaper and a lot easier. We do a lot of weekend trips and for only one night it is just so much easier.

Originally posted by Memph1s
We go just to camp. We have PAPs and we will go over to the parks a little or for a show or parade. If we really want to go to the parks we will get a hotel room. Its cheaper and a lot easier. We do a lot of weekend trips and for only one night it is just so much easier.

Hello Memph1s
I'm sure you are the same Memph1s on PUX . I'm Camperfamily there. I'm not sure what PAPs is, but imagine it's some sort of park pass. I have not been to WDW in years, but every few years we do Epcot. My boys prefer Islands of Adventure or Busch Gardens in Tampa. They have been over the mouse for many years. Guess that's what happens when you grow up with Mickey right next door.;)

Sherri

I'm sure you are the same Memph1s on PUX
Yes and before that on PUT. I guess the grass is always greener. We only live about 45 minuets from Bush Gardens but we have not been there in years. Keep meaning to go and get the year pass but for whatever reason we have not gotten around to it. Having the PAPs has really cut into camping time. Glad the rates at FW are coming back down now. I just can't make myself pay $75/nt for a campsite, even at FW.

PUT is a magazine called Pop Up Times it is marketed to Popup campers. They have a message board that has gone to a subscription type board where you have to pay 29.00 a year to be able to post on the board. Many of the members from the old PUT board moved to a new board created by one of its members called Pop up Explorer. (PUX) They are both great resources for information about popup camping and camping in general. the link to PUT is here

We live in Charleston, SC and we usually go once a year and take some of the grandkids and then we go atleast once a year just to camp at FW. We love the FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter