are you happy with the condition of the rooms in DVC?

if I use the studio, I can get three, 5 day vacations at OKW at certain times of the year with 150 points. thats not a bad deal

Have only stayed at BWV and OKW while being a owner of DVC and have noticed that both seem to be getting a little worn. All rooms seem to be clean with only a few small issues that we took care of ourselves. Maintence showed up once when we did not even call them to fix a sink in the kitchen. We let him in and it did not take long so we figured it had been reported as someone was checking out and they did not have time to fix it before the next guests were checked in. We are on vacation so we try not to get to upset about anything because this is our time to relax. Now if it was something big I'm sure we would have it taken care of right away.

we love the dvc rooms!! the items need refurbishing once in a while, but we find them just as nice as the regular resort rooms, and much more spacious.

i do wish there were a way to make the sofa beds more comfortable, but i guess thats just the way they have to be if they are made to fold up.

During our last visit to WDW (last October), we were very disappointed at our room at BCV. We had a 2BR. There were several chunks out of the sheetrock where we thought people had run their luggage into it. The carpet was very worn. In fact, I hurt the bottom of my foot on a tack strip that was exposed where the carpet and tile meet in the master bedroom/bathroom area. We threw a towel over the area until we left. I called DVC office when we got home to report it, so hopefully it has been fixed. I also called the resort, just to make sure they got the message.

My brother and SIL stayed in the villa with us. (Their first time to WDW!) They took the DVC tour and are interested in purchasing. I told the guide how dissatisfied I was with the condition of our room. I also told him that I felt the condition and maintenance of the DVC resorts was not as good as with the non-DVC resorts. I couldn't imagine that Disney would have expected a paying customer to stay in a room in that condition. Even my husband, who never notices stuff like that, said that if this is what DVC is going to be like, he may consider selling and purchasing another timeshare.

The Disney name has always been synonymous with excellence and high quality, from the parks to the rooms to everything Disney. Our room was the biggest disappointment I have ever had at Disney. I hope it it was just a fluke and not a sign of things to come. Very UN-Disney-like!

We have stayed at all disney resorts, HH and VB, about 18 trips in two years and only had a few minor things that could have been done better by house keeping. 90% of the furniture has been in very good condition.

it looks like some of DVC rooms are worn. whenever I stay in a value, the room is always perfect. The DVC rooms do not get the same attention. There only cleaned every 4th day. I dont think I will be spending money to buy a worn out room. For me, I think im better off just payying rack rates and it includes a maid everyday and I dont have thousands invested. 47 years is a long time, not sure I want to marry the mouse.

Room condition......... you know what just read what Crisi wrote. He/she summed it up bettere than I can. I agree with that post.

Studios.......... see Rinkwide's post.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this but I don't get the people who buy into DVC to stay in studios????????? If all I wanted was a studio I'd stay in a moderate, request a fridge and enjoy the superior dining I feel they offer. I'd suck down the free dining when offered and any other deal out there. I wouldn't have to worry about AD or speed dialing at 11 months.

I'd take POR FQ as my choice followed by CSR. I'd invest the buy in money for DVC and live happily ever after.

Vacation ownership begins with a one bedroom and ends with the Beach Cottage at VB IMO.

Good luck disguy1.

i believe vacationing is simple enough without putting thousands out there to pre-pay vacations. perhaps for some,its worth it. I will still go to disney like I always did, just 5-6 days a year. there will always to sides to every story.
I hope people dont start with nasty remarks now, but im being honest

Room condition......... you know what just read what Crisi wrote. He/she summed it up bettere than I can. I agree with that post.

Studios.......... see Rinkwide's post.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this but I don't get the people who buy into DVC to stay in studios????????? If all I wanted was a studio I'd stay in a moderate, request a fridge and enjoy the superior dining I feel they offer. I'd suck down the free dining when offered and any other deal out there. I wouldn't have to worry about AD or speed dialing at 11 months.

I'd take POR FQ as my choice followed by CSR. I'd invest the buy in money for DVC and live happily ever after.

Vacation ownership begins with a one bedroom and ends with the Beach Cottage at VB IMO.

Good luck disguy1.

I agree with Dumbo, I bought DVC for the 2br villas, no way would I stay with my whole family in a studio(maybe if I did a solo trip).

Personally if I didn't want the extra room, I'd be over at one of the deluxes.

I stayed at POR at the tail end of a huge family DVC vacation. I was looking forward to it. I love POR. I think it's Disney's best kept secret...more than the DVC is. I was excited. And then something funny happened... I hate it but I guess I became spoiled very quickly without me knowing.

I missed the extra space. I missed the option of sitting on a couch and relaxing. I missed using the microwave. And the kitchenette in general. I missed the look of the vanity/washroom area. I missed it feeling "homey". And I totally missed my balcony. Really missed the balcony. I thought, before this trip and from the wonderful memories of Value/Mod stays, that they were similar. They're not. I like to hang out. And nothing is better than the DVC is hang out.

I might never return to a DVC studio b/c my partner is hooked on the one bedroom...absolutely refuses to look back at a studio. And I know you are well on your way to the best decision for you. However, I just wanted to add that DVC studios vs. some CRO rooms is not an equal comparison.

the family consists of my daughter and I..so, a studio is plenty. in my case, I dont think DVC is worth it. for big familes, I guess it would be

the family consists of my daughter and I..so, a studio is plenty. in my case, I dont think DVC is worth it. for big familes, I guess it would be

We're just a family of 4 and DH & I like having our privacy and the boys sleep better in their own room and their own beds. Other than a couple of 1-2 night trips, we have always rented condos/cottages/villas.

Guess I must be spoilt, as my parents never crammed the whole family(4 total) into one hotel room, we always got adjoining rooms or condo/villa setups.

i believe vacationing is simple enough without putting thousands out there to pre-pay vacations.

I'm just one person but pre-paying vacations, upfront, has dramatically changed our lives. Vacationing before this, for us, was never as simple.

Sounds dramatic and emotional. Yep. It is.

The 2 years prior to buying DVC we did two trips a year - 7 nights and then 3 nights at a moderate resort. The same amount of $$ is getting us 15 nights in a studio at DVC.

I think the great thing about DVC is the flexability. Right now, the kids are 8 and 10 and want to travel to Disney every single break. They also want to spend every breathing moment in the parks. The one time we stayed in a Fairfield 2 bedroom, we felt like all the space was totally a waste because we never used it. We live driving distance to Orlando, and it's great to be able to take 3-4 trips a year.

When they get older and have jobs/camp/etc. and don't want all that family together vacation time, we'll cut back to one week in a larger unit. When they have their own kids, we can go every other year and get a GV. It's great to have the options of different size units and lengths of vacations - since I expect our family will change significantly over the life of our contract.

I'll echo starbox's statements my kids are little a under 3 and just about to pop out of the oven. The 3 year old likes to sleep with Daddy & Mommy anyway. A studio is fine for us right now! When they get older we will move on to something bigger! Not to mention we do not cook on our vacations! The Thing about DVC is the options! Not to mention for the next 50 years We will be able to go on a vacation! I plan on passing on my points to my children so they can get the same enjoyment from them!

I stayed at POR at the tail end of a huge family DVC vacation. I was looking forward to it. I love POR. I think it's Disney's best kept secret...more than the DVC is. I was excited. And then something funny happened... I hate it but I guess I became spoiled very quickly without me knowing.

I missed the extra space. I missed the option of sitting on a couch and relaxing. I missed using the microwave. And the kitchenette in general. I missed the look of the vanity/washroom area. I missed it feeling "homey". And I totally missed my balcony. Really missed the balcony. I thought, before this trip and from the wonderful memories of Value/Mod stays, that they were similar. They're not. I like to hang out. And nothing is better than the DVC is hang out.

I might never return to a DVC studio b/c my partner is hooked on the one bedroom...absolutely refuses to look back at a studio. And I know you are well on your way to the best decision for you. However, I just wanted to add that DVC studios vs. some CRO rooms is not an equal comparison.

you do make some good points. I'd miss that balcony for sure. Maybe I'd stay deluxe with some discounts then.

Disguy1, Sounds like you have reached a decision. You know what, you are one of the few here that seem to get it. DVC is not for everyone. I'm glad to hear you won't be buying in, you've made a wise choice from what you've posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter