• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Argghhhh-they changed my flight time AGAIN

vellamint

DIS Veteran
American - thru Travelocity - now we are traveling in morning rush hour with 4 kids to the airport and basically getting to our hotel at 2 instead of 12 which means with parks closing early the first day is a waste!!!!

How can they do this and what if they continue doing it until we are arriving after dinner!!!!!!!

Help.

My American flights changed as well. I will get to Orlando at 11:30 p.m. instead of 10:30 p.m. - and I'll have 4 hours between planes in Chicago! Mine was a Priceline ticket, so I was told I couldn't change to something better.

My flights on US Air also changed, we are getting in a little later and leaving a little earlier. I wish they'd add more time for me at WDW, not take it away!

If they change your flight time they should give you the choice of going earlier or later although it is their choice as to how much earlier or how much later based on available seats in the same cabin of the alternate flight.

Call them and ask for an earlier time, they ought not to charge you a change fee, although they do not owe you a hotel room if how much earlier is very much earlier.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

They should definitely be willing to put you on an alternate flight if they have made a change that significantly inconveniences you. After 9/11, we were booked on United for Thanksgiving weekend, and there were changes and cancellations. We didn't have much flexibility, as we were doing a Disney cruise, but they were fantastic about putting us on alternate flights. They even changed the day of our flight home at no addition charge, which actually worked out better for us. Let them know about your problem with the new times and politely but firmly ask for a change!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

My Air Canada flight time was change too.

Last year when ComAir went on strike, Delta changed our flights w/o a problem. In fact, they let us decide when we wanted to go. We opted to fly out a day earlier than originally scheduled because the flights offered as an alternative left too late in the day. The return flight was also changed permitting us to swim and relax prior to our flight AND still get home at a reasonable hour. We had two "down" days at BC where we could relax after all of the park hopping the prior 8 days.

This year, Delta again changed flight times for our return leg. The newly adjusted times would not allow us to make our connection in Atlanta. Because of this, Delta gladly let us change our flight times and we opted to go out the next morning rather than leaving earlier in the originally scheduled day. Now we will have a full day in WDW, head to the airport hotel to sleep, and fly at 9:00 a.m. the next morning. We will also be returning home at a very reasonable hour in the afternoon.

Our original flight would have required us to leave WDW around 3:00 p.m. and we wouldn't get home until midnight! All-in-all it's a much better deal for us flightwise. In fact, those options would have cost us considerably more than we paid for the originally scheduled flights!

Saving money, getting more time in Disney, and having agents that handled it without complaint and cheerfully! Delta's been great to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter