Arizonacolbys New Atkins Journal

arizonacolbys

Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!
This is my first attempt at journaling here - I joined the WISH Challenge a couple of weeks ago, but haven't really stuck to plan like I should have been.

I am married to my hubby who is in the National Guard & we have 2 labs at home that keep me busy. Hubby was away all summer & I lost about 13 lbs while he was away, but after feeding him some real food, I have gained about 5 lbs back. :rolleyes: I currently work 40+ hours per week & am taking my last 2 classes for my MBA (2 evenings a week), so it is sometimes difficult to find time to prep meals or exercise regularly.

I have done Atkins before & been successful - it is just very difficult for the first few days to get in the swing of things. I know Atkins works for me, I just have to learn to stick to it. ;)

Well, this morning I was up to 150 (after having pizza late last night :rolleyes: .)

For breakfast I had 2 hardboiled eggs & some cheese cubes, with a 12 oz bottle of water. For lunch I had a small salad, several slices of bologna, more cheese cubes, Diet Coke, and another bottle of water. I ended up eating half an apple this morning to curb the shakes & light-headedness I was enduring after starting my Atkins plan. Still not sure what will be for dinner - I will work until 5:45pm & class starts at 6pm. I will have to try & get in some exercise tomorrow.

Sorry so long - first post. Comments are welcome & thanks in advance for any advice! Good luck everyone!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Welcome Emily!! Glad to see you on the WISH Journal board! I know that keeping my journal has helped me so much!

I also eat low-carb - not as strict as Atkins induction though. The first couple days can be tough but you'll make it! Sounds like you have quite a hectic schedule, which can make it tough to stay on plan. Make sure you keep some healthy snacks with you for emergencies. I like to have an Atkins Advantage bar or a single serve pack of sunflower seeds or peanuts in my purse, just in case.

Good luck on your way down!!

Well, I'm on Day 2 now - made it through the hardest day with success!

Yesterday's meals were as follows:
B: 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, water, diet coke
L: salad, several bologna slices, cheese cubes, water
Snack before school: peanuts
D: 2 fried eggs, ham, hot tea & a sugar free popsicle for dessert

Overall I feel I did very well. I made it through a 10.5 hr work day back-to-back with my evening MBA class without cheating. :D Hoping I can stay on this track now that I've gotten over the hardest first 24 hours.

Day 3 went pretty well - down to 145! I got to claim my first 5 lb clippie - which I had been waiting on for a couple of weeks now. It felt great to be able to change it.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, cup of blackberry tea, water
L: bologna, cheese, salad, more water
D: I made taco salad & it was yummy!;) I also made some sugar-free green jello for dessert - topped off with some whipped cream. It tasted REALLY good after no sweets for a few days. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm on Day 4 now. Unfortunately, my lovely TOM brought me 1/2 lb this morning. No big deal, I know it will leave me again next week. I just hope it takes a couple other pounds with it! ;)

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, black cherry tea & bottle of water
L: bologna, salad, cheese, Diet Coke & more water
D: I am bringing home my favorite salad to eat before class tonight. Will probably have some leftover jello after class tonight, too.

So far I am very happy with my progress this week, the only complaint is my lack of time for exercising. I will try to fit it in over the weekend & maybe some next week, I'm just not sure my schedule can handle any more assignments. :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!

Your new clippie looks FABULOUS!! Way to go - all that hard work is paying off!

You are doing a great job with your food! It must be hard with work and classes, but you've made the committment and you're sticking with it.

Keep up the good work!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter