Arriv Sat afternoon 11/4 - Ideas on what to do that afternoon/eve

geronimo248

Earning My Ears
Hi, Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations what to do the day we're arriving. We land at 1:15 & should be checking into he Grand Calif hotel about 2:45pm or so. We have our park hoppers for the following days. We have a 4 yo girl. I understand disneyland is open late on Saturdays. Do they have 1/2 day park hoppers? I don't see any. Should we book a character dinner? I'd like to do something that my daughter would enjoy whether its at disneyland or elsewhere. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. We're not renting a car & I don't mind taking taxi's.
I know its a long ways off but to tell you the truth, im more excited than my wife & daughter.
Thanks, Gerard

No, no 1/2 day hoppers or 1/2 day tickets of any kind. A character meal would be a great way to kick off your trip. Goofy's Kitchen is the only one in the hotels to serve lunch or dinner, and it's great fun. You can wander around Downtown Disney and/or catch a movie at the movie theater there.

I agree that a character meal would be a great way to kick-off your trip! So if you do decide to go to Goofy's Kitchen, either on your way to, or back from your meal, there are a few great shops in DTD that your DD would love. There's Libby Lu, which is a salon-of-sorts for young girls, the Build-A-Bear Workshop, Marceline's Confectionery (super yummy treats) and most importantly, The World of Disney store!!

I hope you have a great time whatever you end up doing!! :goodvibes

Yes a character meal at Goofy’s Kitchen would be so fun for her, and Build a Bear would be fun, she cam stuff her own Mickey or Minnie there, and it would be more special to her than buying one because she made it herself.

Thanks.. to all of you, thats a great idea.. unless something better comes up, then Its Goofys Kitchen..& prob build a bear & the shops as well.
I assume I have to make reservations in advance for the Charatcer meal at goofys Kit. Ill call to find out.
thanks
Gerard

everytime we go its on a saturday and I start at the park fresh on sunday...we will be there again at the end of Nov. and have a 5yo so we are going to Goofys kitchen and walk around DD and DLH so she can run around and wear herself out for bed ;)

We generally do Goofy's kitchen when we arrive on a day without park passes, this is a good way to kick off your vacation and get some character interaction.

But since you are arrive so early and the parks will be open late, you could extend your hoppers for 1 extra day and the price should only go up by about $20/person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter