• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival day HELP!

cmfitz14

Mouseketeer
Help! I need suggestions about what time I should try to plan fast passes for our arrival day. Our flight lands at MCO at 8:35AM. We will take the Magical Express to check in at the Polynesian. No need to get into the room early, we just want to check in and head straight to the Magic Kingdom!
What time should be try to schedule Fast Passes for? Is it realistic to think that we will be to the Magic Kingdom by 11:30/12ish? We have a 1:30 ADR at BOG. Not sure if we should schedule all 3 fast passes for after that, or if one before that is feasible? Any thoughts are appreciated! I can’t imagine we’ll stay at the park too late into the evening because we’ll be exhausted from the early flight and want to try to fit in some pool time!
Any timeline help is appreciated!

In my experience, you can plan to be in a park about three hours after your plane lands. Of course that just an estimate, but it has worked for me.

I’d schedule your FP at 11:00, 12:00, and 1:00. Schedule them so they make sense location wise, but also try to put them in order from least to most important, in case you are delayed.

I like to get all three in before a meal, so you can schedule a 4th after the meal. It gives you time to work with for that 4th FP. After lunch and the 4th FP, I’d plan to go back to the Poly and get settled. I bet your room is ready by then. It is so pleasant to take the boat to and from MK!

Ideally, I’d try to schedule 7DMT at 1:00, as it is right next to BOG, but it will be tough to get it that early on your arrival day unless crowds are low.

Agree with scheduling for after lunch. If you get there earlier, you should have no problem riding or viewing a few of the less fastpast things, like Monsters, HOP, people mover, etc., .Just because FPs aren't crazy or unavailable for things doesn't mean they're not good attractions to see/ride

I think you will be at the park by 11 if all goes well. I have arrived at 9:30 and once I was in the park by 11, but then the next time I didn’t get there until 11:45. It depended on Magical Express.

If your flight isn't delayed, scheduling your first FP+ at 11:30 am should be fine. I, personally, would do 11:30, 12:30 and 2:30 pm. Or, if you'd rather be more leisurely about it, I would do 2 pm (for something in Fantasyland near BOG), 3 pm and 4 pm. That still gets you out of the park early.

I'd do after lunch because there is nothing worse than feeling rushed. You want to be able to walk down Main Street, take pictures, what if your flight is delayed or something happens with MDE?

I would schedule everything for after lunch. We usually have a similar plan and get into MCO around 8:30 am. Between transportation, luggage, and people it can take a good chunk of time to get to the parks.
Every time I’ve tried to schedule sometime that is cutting it a little close we end up missing it.

I vote FP's starting at noon. You will probably be hungry, and Poly has a great counter service. Then catch the monorail/boat to MK.

I would schedule them for after lunch so you don’t have to feel rushed at all. Not a fun way to start a trip tearing around trying to make a time. I’d rsther leisurely check in, head to MK, meander down Main Street and take pics, etc. Buy some new ears to wear! Like someone else said, you can do some rides that typically don’t have a long wait, like people mover, or Philharmagic. If you are checked in early you can always try to modify start times for fast passes too. Or see if they can take you early for lunch if you want. Maybe one at noon, like mine train. But otherwise I personally would go with the relaxed approach.

I would start with SDMT right after lunch 2:30-3:30 then schedule the rest. Or put one that is less important before lunch 12:30-1:30.

I would schedule 11, 12, 1 (agree with 7DMT as the 1 pm if possible). Schedule least to most important. You have from 11 to noon for the first one.
If your plane is on time at 8:35, you should be on ME by 9:30 and to the resort around 10:30. Even if things are running late, that gives you plenty of time to get to the first FP.
My preference is get the 3 FPs done before lunch so you can get more during lunch.
Enjoy.

We arrived at MCO at 9am, took MDE to Pop, and waited around for an hour until our room was ready via early check in. Hopped on the bus and was still able to use our first FP which was scheduled at noon.

When we have stayed at the Poly, unless our flights have been delayed, we have always found ourselves walking through the park gates approximately 3 hours after our flight has landed. You've already taken a risk by booking an ADR on flight day-- so I would probably take a risk at booking a FP+ at 12:30 too. I would make it the least important one- so it is no big deal if for some reason you miss it. You can scan in 5 minutes early- so I would do that which should give you time to ride and then make your ADR. MK, we have sometimes been able to pull good FPS later in the day, so we like to get the first 3 done earlier if we can. Of course, if you are looking for 7DMT for that day and find the first one you can get is about 6:00 p.m., then it doesn't really matter. In that case, I would just stick with after lunch FPS- if you won't be able to make a 4th until late anyway. Then, when you arrive you hopefully won't be rushing anywhere and can just enjoy a leisurely first day walk down Main Street.

I would start with SDMT right after lunch 2:30-3:30 then schedule the rest. Or put one that is less important before lunch 12:30-1:30.

I agree with this! I would hit the pool for a couple of hours then lunch at BOG. First FP 7DMT right after lunch! You might be able to get it for arrival day IF you do it right at 7am on your 60 day window. If not, try for later in the afternoon or hopefully you will be returning to MK during your trip. It is a fun ride and so Disney-ish! If you are staying at the Poly be sure to fit in a visit to Trader Sams... such fun. Kids are allowed in prior to 8pm.

Great advice above, and I'd follow that. Just an FYI--if your flight should get delayed, as ours did previous summer, if you call Disney regarding ADR they will not charge you just in case you should not be able to make your reservation. They were so nice about this. We lost our FP's, but at least we avoided getting charged for a dining rese we could not make! Hopefully, your flight is on time!!! :-). I'd do the lunch first, then back to back FP's.

We had the 8:35 arrival just last week and made our 10:50 FP with no problem after checking bags at BCV. If I recall we got a few other rides in before that as well. Made it to 12:00 haircuts, a 1:00 lunch res at The Plaza, and then had two more FP’s after that. No sweat.

I'd definitely do the FPs after lunch - especially if you are flying in August (I'm guessing you are almost 60 days out). Frequent (albeit short) storms can cause airline delays. So much easier to spend a bit of time at the pool and not rush, and have some a cushion of time just in case the flight is delayed an hour or two.

I agree with this! I would hit the pool for a couple of hours then lunch at BOG. First FP 7DMT right after lunch! You might be able to get it for arrival day IF you do it right at 7am on your 60 day window. If not, try for later in the afternoon or hopefully you will be returning to MK during your trip. It is a fun ride and so Disney-ish! If you are staying at the Poly be sure to fit in a visit to Trader Sams... such fun. Kids are allowed in prior to 8pm.
SDMT FP was easy for me to get for our upcoming trip. There were plenty available for about 4 days then they started to thin out. FOP is the hardest to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter