Article on I-4 in Orlando and Florida in Orlando's paper

At the risk of turning this into an off-topic thread, this is one of the many reasons I am perfectly happy staying in a relatively un-cool city like Cleveland. I've moved around a few times for job-related reasons and have learned one very valuable lesson - the grass is not always greener elsewhere. Look at Miami, where the traffic is almost as bad as Los Angeles even with all the highways that have been built there. In 20 years, Orlando could very well become another Miami or Atlanta - a smog-choked, traffic-clogged nightmare.

Yogi Berra said it best. "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded!"

There were plans for another highway that included a stretch from Orlando passing west of WDW and east of Orange Lake Timeshare, crossing 192, and continuing further south. One possibility was to have an interchange that joined with Osceola Parkway next to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If WDW did put in a West Gate at AKL we could have Osceola become the WDW Speedway with all that traffic that now uses 192 rushing past AKL, AK, All Star, Pop Century, Wide World of Sports, and that new Reedy Creek development east of CB.

Not sure where the proposed highway joined up with I-4 near or in downtown Orlando proper.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter