As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Exactly! Thank goodness the online check-in worked. But that's simple compared to this FP+ business. Sheesh! :crazy2:

And one other complaint and then I will shut up :laughing: --

Why can't Disney organize the attractions on the FP+ page, in the area they are located in the parks? It makes it quite cumbersome to just go through a list. It would make for effective park touring to see what is where, especially for newbies! I don't want to be running all over a park.

Yeah, it would definitely make more sense to have them organized by park location. And I don't like the tiering that EPCOT & DHS have. Thankfully, they didn't do that in MK. I'm really dreading do our FP+ next month. :scared: And to make matters worse, we have family coming with us but they are staying offsite. So, in September, I'll have to get online & see if I can their FP+'s to be anywhere near ours. :sad2:

I want the old FP system! :sad:

Yeah, it would definitely make more sense to have them organized by park location. And I don't like the tiering that EPCOT & DHS have. Thankfully, they didn't do that in MK. I'm really dreading do our FP+ next month. :scared: And to make matters worse, we have family coming with us but they are staying offsite. So, in September, I'll have to get online & see if I can their FP+'s to be anywhere near ours. :sad2:

Oh man! That will be quite the project! It's already a lot with our little family on top of DD's schedule (i.e nap time)

It's just hard to plan anything in the afternoon with the times Disney gives me. Our FP will be mostly in the morning.

Down to 37 days!!! Still haven't brought the suitcases up....but I hope to start making lists soon...:rolleyes:

I was the same way for our trip this year. I don't think I really started packing until the week of. I had lists made, probably as soon as the week we decided to do the trip.

I am already feeling nostalgic about this trip -- our last trip as a family of four. All of you guys talking about getting rid of strollers -- we have been rid of them for quite some time but next year we are going to have sooooo much gear!!!! :rotfl:

We've never had to deal with strollers at Disney. The DH wouldn't let us go until the boys were fully potty trained and old enough to not need a stroller.

We will be finding out the sex sometime next week, thanks to all of the nifty genetic testing that was done due to my "advanced maternal age" (I'll be 36 next week!). Can't wait to find out what it is!

How exciting that you will get to find out the sex next week. Are you going to let every one know, or just keep it between the two of you?

Once you hit 35 pregnant moms are referred to as elders :confused: I always said I was so happy to be done at 30 (when I had Maddie)...then I had 3 more. But the last I was 34 so fortunately missed that "elder" term :rotfl: And yep still at OKW!! AKL will be fab for your family, like you mentioned all the gear, next year you will want a bigger room or villa. I still think it's a boy ;)

That is crazy!! I didn't think they were concerned about the mother's age until she was 40.

:wave2:

Good morning everyone! It's FP+ Thursday!

I had no issues checking in for our Pop Century reservation, and basically requested to be near transportation and the elevator. Since we're only there 1 night, I wanted it to be the most convenient for our family.

Now on to FP+. I'm going to whine a bit. :crazy2: Can I just say how much I hate the way Disney has set up the FP+ process?!?!?! It seems as though you have to repeat the steps 6 times before it's confirmed. I'm feeling really frustrated! :badpc:

We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios our first day, so getting those weren't so bad.

This isn't the experience I was hoping for. :furious:

Argh, off to try again! :smokin:

It drove me a little bonkers when we did our for our September trip. I think it took the DH and I just over 2 hours to do ours.

Exactly! Thank goodness the online check-in worked. But that's simple compared to this FP+ business. Sheesh! :crazy2:

Why can't Disney organize the attractions on the FP+ page, in the area they are located in the parks? It makes it quite cumbersome to just go through a list. It would make for effective park touring to see what is where, especially for newbies! I don't want to be running all over a park.

They could easily do it. It would only take a few more lines of code to do it.

Happy Friday!!!!

:cheer2: WOOHOO!! :hug: LOVE the 2015 plans!!!! And you had a good reason to be late :thumbsup2

I feel quite certain that resort part of our trip will change for sure :upsidedow We never end up at the EP resorts...I'm a hopeless MK resort girl :confused3 But I am trying.

Good morning, ladies! :wave2:

Hey, Heather! Good to see you here!
Part of me wishes my DS was still young enough to truly need his stroller. I'll miss having a place to throw stuff and being able to just buckle him and go when I need to get moving. :lmao:

:thumbsup2 Great place for storage!!! Now we just have to haul around these heavy backpacks :rolleyes: Bill doesn't understand why it's always so full.... wet wipes, germx, chapstick, tissues, water bottle, camera, sunglasses, gum, wallet.... I mean really! :confused3

:wave2:

Good morning everyone! It's FP+ Thursday!

I had no issues checking in for our Pop Century reservation, and basically requested to be near transportation and the elevator. Since we're only there 1 night, I wanted it to be the most convenient for our family.

Now on to FP+. I'm going to whine a bit. :crazy2: Can I just say how much I hate the way Disney has set up the FP+ process?!?!?! It seems as though you have to repeat the steps 6 times before it's confirmed. I'm feeling really frustrated! :badpc:

We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios our first day, so getting those weren't so bad.

This isn't the experience I was hoping for. :furious:

Argh, off to try again! :smokin:

It can be a pain! And you're right...lots of steps to do before confirming. Remember, once you use all 3 of your FPs, you'll be able to get another one. So having morning FPs is a good thing:thumbsup2

I did it!!! Check the ticker.....:rotfl2:

What the heck???!! Did you change AGAIN???!! :laughing: Or am I supposed to be looking at the number of days you have?

I have been trying to get on there all day to do some ADR-stalking. Need Chef Mickey's for a different day of our trip now. :headache: You would think a company as big as and as profitable and Disney could get a really good website. :furious:

Ha! I asked Ed the same thing about just going ahead & renting a stroller from Orlando stroller rentals and he gave me a quick no, too. Worst case scenario, we'll rent a park stroller when Ed gets tired of putting him on his shoulders. That should be quick. :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: That is probably what will happen with us too :faint: Hope the website is working today!!! And :wizard: Chef Mickey's is open!!

I agree 100%%%% And vent away...ALL valid points!!

::yes::

That is crazy!! I didn't think they were concerned about the mother's age until she was 40.
35 is the unmagical number. The terminology is crazy..but the ideal age to have babies is your 20s. I will attest my first two pregnancies were much easier...It doesn't mean than it's not okay for women in their 40s to have babies, it is just higher risk. All these terms have to be coined by men :lmao:

Happy Friday!!!!

I feel quite certain that resort part of our trip will change for sure :upsidedow We never end up at the EP resorts...I'm a hopeless MK resort girl :confused3 But I am trying.

I am the same!!! MK or not MK, the Epcot resorts just do not do it for me :confused3 They are nice, just aren't as Disney-rific I guess. Thank you for the morning pic!!!

I have a confession...I'm a resort changing addict.... I have changed resorts for the 4th and final time...we were at POFQ to start, changed due to no kids this trip. Upgraded to WL, but changed due to construction. 3rd was ASMu, we're not going to be in the room that much, right? But beds are doubles, DH is 6'5" :( so I made the 4th and FINAL move to Coronado Springs Resort. Never stayed at CSR but looking forward to it!

Heather - YUP! Changed to Beach Club CL!!! 36 days to go!!! :goodvibes

Piglet - I keep calling the baby a "HE", so we shall see....:rolleyes1
We have a definite girl name, but continue discussing a possible boy name...once we find out the sex next week, I think we'll be able to decide. I hope they call on Monday and not later in the week!!! :wizard:

Good Morning and Happy Friday ladies!!! :goodvibes

I have a confession...I'm a resort changing addict.... I have changed resorts for the 4th and final time...we were at POFQ to start, changed due to no kids this trip. Upgraded to WL, but changed due to construction. 3rd was ASMu, we're not going to be in the room that much, right? But beds are doubles, DH is 6'5" :( so I made the 4th and FINAL move to Coronado Springs Resort. Never stayed at CSR but looking forward to it!

:welcome: Sweet, did you reserve a King room?? Although my DH and I are fine with 2 Queens...we never get to spread out :rotfl2: Congrats to a couple trip, they are AMAZING!!! I've heard great things about CSR. However, being a changer....nothing is ever really final ;)

Mousemommy1 said:
Heather - YUP! Changed to Beach Club CL!!! 36 days to go!!! :goodvibes

Piglet - I keep calling the baby a "HE", so we shall see....:rolleyes1
We have a definite girl name, but continue discussing a possible boy name...once we find out the sex next week, I think we'll be able to decide. I hope they call on Monday and not later in the week!!! :wizard:

Good Morning and Happy Friday ladies!!! :goodvibes

I hope they call sooner, rather than later! Its a very exciting time for your family!

I am still fiddling around with our FP. We have two MK days so we have decided to split the park up. It seems to be easier this way with DD. As with everything else, nothing is 100% until we are doing just that!

Hope everyone has a fantastic start to their weekend!

Heather - YUP! Changed to Beach Club CL!!! 36 days to go!!!

Are they still doing the refurb to the CL in August? I am SO out of the BC/YC loop. Maybe they finished it? If so take pics of the new lounge please:goodvibes And you are in good company with several RCers and DISers!! See you soon!!

I hope they call sooner, rather than later! Its a very exciting time for your family!

I am still fiddling around with our FP. We have two MK days so we have decided to split the park up. It seems to be easier this way with DD. As with everything else, nothing is 100% until we are doing just that!

Hope everyone has a fantastic start to their weekend!
We have 3 MK days..I went a little crazy with the SDMT FP :rotfl: , I know by lunchtime we will be done with the heat and ready for the pool :thumbsup2

OMG! I forgot about SDMT! Holy cow! How could I overlook that ride?

I am such an idiot!

:welcome:

Those are very sound, reasonable changes you made! :thumbsup2

I keep saying I'm going to get over my guilt & book an adults-only WDW trip. Y'all are going to have a great time!! :cool1:

OMG! I forgot about SDMT! Holy cow! How could I overlook that ride?

I am such an idiot!

I bet you'll be able to get a FP for it to work in somewhere. I've heard it's neat to ride @ night so I'm hoping to get a late FP for it on one of our MK days.

Happy Friday!!!!

Oh, how I wish I were there right now.

35 is the unmagical number. The terminology is crazy..but the ideal age to have babies is your 20s. I will attest my first two pregnancies were much easier...It doesn't mean than it's not okay for women in their 40s to have babies, it is just higher risk. All these terms have to be coined by men :lmao:

I bet it was coined by men. It just makes being in your 30's sound so old.

:welcome: I would love to stay at CSR.

Well, a deputy tried to deliver papers to me last night, but my mil said I wasn't home. I know they are from that almost wreck, since the mother thinks the State Trooper is lying about her son speeding. I am just ready to get this over with already. My friend's hubby takes his PT test this weekend. I'm using all this stress to get some organizing done. Well I gotta get back to the organizing. I am detemined to move our massive 9 draw chest of draws with a huge mirror. I need to move it to get a shelving unit in between it and the wall.

I made room only reservations on Wednesday afternoon for Nov 2015 at AoA (nemo suite). I called this morning to change to POR. Both sets of grandparents are coming, and instead of dealing with the possibility of there being no LM rooms at AoA (and consequently listening to some family members complain), I figured it would be best to move. The plus side is I saved us $700 changing from a suite to a garden view room

Are they still doing the refurb to the CL in August? I am SO out of the BC/YC loop. Maybe they finished it? If so take pics of the new lounge please:goodvibes And you are in good company with several RCers and DISers!! See you soon!!

I don't think the refurb starts until September, so we'll be chillin' in the old digs, which I'm perfectly fine with! :goodvibes

I made room only reservations on Wednesday afternoon for Nov 2015 at AoA (nemo suite). I called this morning to change to POR. Both sets of grandparents are coming, and instead of dealing with the possibility of there being no LM rooms at AoA (and consequently listening to some family members complain), I figured it would be best to move. The plus side is I saved us $700 changing from a suite to a garden view room

:welcome:

Sounds like a great change! It's always nice to save money. Just means you have more to spend somewhere else. :thumbsup2:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter