"Asking" for a certain area/view at check-in

P

Pkdcoastrs

Hi!

Well my family decided that the DVC just wasn't worth it for us, but we decided this year that we wanted to stay in a DVC resort for a few nights!(Old Key West) We are renting points through a DVC member! I've read that DVC members have priority over people just paying to stay at the resort when it comes to picking rooms. But I was wondering since we are "renting" points from a DVC member, would it be ok to maybe "ask" for a certain area at Old Key West? I'm happy in the first place that we are staying there, but I'm just hoping that maybe we could try to get a room close to the "main" building! Sorry if this sounds stupid or whatever!

Also, if anyone can reccomend any areas of Old Key West with good views/location to the main stuff, let me know!

Well thanks for all your help!

Mike
--- who wishes his family had joined DVC, oh well :D

You can always request a certain location/view. They will note it on your reservation, but don't guarantee that they will honor it. They do try though,IMHO.

I don't know that DVC members have priority over paying guests with respect to room selection. It has always been first, come first served for speciall requests...so get your room requests in as early as possible.

Building covenient to the main area would be 62, 63, 64, 16, 23, 24, 25, 26 to name a few.

Thanks you two for the replies so quickly!

One other question, you said to that they would put it on the reservation. Once I get the reservation # , who do I call to inquire about a certain area like you said?

Thanks so much
Mike

Ask the DVC member making your reservation to put your request in :)

Hey!

I'm confused? What do you mean by "put your request in"? They tried to get the other hotels but couldn't. So do you mean that I should ask them to check every so often since its their DVC membership?

Thanks
Mike

Room requests are done by the member calling member services. Be sure to put in your request in order of importance and be as general as possible. For instance, if being near the main building is important to you (certainly isn't my choice, though!), then make that your first request. If being in a non-smoking building is important to you, make THAT your first request. We usually word our reuests like this:
Non-smoking
Near(xxxx) area
with second door to bathroom
Those kinds of general requests will usully be met. That having been said, I will tell you that I love all areas at OKW! There really isn't a bad one. Some can get to be a long walk from the bus stops, but that has been my only complaint in all the years we have stayed there. We have kind of settled into staying near SouthPoint so we are near the walkway to Dowtown Disney.

I will also chime in, we have stayed all over the resort, the only time I ever had anything that I wasn't completely thrilled with, was a building nearer the main building. Building 15 looked out over golf and pond and behind those was a big road. The noise from the road was not very pleasent.

Other than that, we have been very happy with each and every location. I don't even request a location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter