ASMo in May... how early should I book?

CallMeTink

Earning My Ears
I'm working on planning a May trip for my birthday, but have a few questions.

I don't get my bonus until February. Do you think I'll have any problems with room availability at ASMo if I can't make the reservations until next month?

Last I heard is that codes should come out in March for May reservations. If I book in February, can I call back in March and have the discount applied?

I'm a huge Fantasia fan, and I'm ok with spending the extra $10 to get in a Fantasia building. Can I request which Fantasia building though? Do I have to wait till check in to do so?

thanks in advance!

I would book the room now, then call back when the discount codes come out and apply the code to your reservation. You can put one night's deposit on a credit card, thereby giving you time before the credit card bill comes in and needs to be paid.

I was able to get a room very easily just recently, going in February, so I think bookings are down. But I'd book the room just in case.

You can also fax a room request a few days before your arrival to the room controller at the resort. I had good luck just asking at check-in, provided I was willing to wait until the room became available - sometimes after the standard check-in time.

Thanks, luvaladdin.

The problem is that I don't have a credit card, just my check card, so I have to wait for the funds to be available for the deposit (the holidays really sapped me!).

I guess I'll just have to say my prayers and hope something is still available in February! :D

FYI...

All your extra 10 bucks guarantees is that you have one of the 3 sets of buildings directly next to the pool. It does not guarantee which of the 3 sets of buildings you will be in.

Thanks, denman007.

Hmm... I thought I read somewhere on here that for ASMo, only the 2 sets of Fantasia buildings were considered preferred. I may have mis-read that.

*goes back to digging for info*

Fantasia buildings are preferred at the Movies. We recently stayed there. Though I think Toy Story and Dalmatians are equally as close. IMHO, I don't think preferred is worth at the Movies. If you book a room only, don't you have 14 days to pay the one night deposit. Since we are a CM family, not sure if the policy is the same as ours. We can pay the one night when we book, or mail it in within 14?days after receiving our ressie sheet. If that's the case, by the time the sheet arrived the funds may be available if you time it right. I would not wait. I made some modifications on Monday and asked about moving over to the Movies and was told that no CM discounts are available for my timeframe, and that this resort books up very quickly. By the time discounts are available, most likely will only be at the other 2 all stars.

You might be right about the Fantasia building being the only set of preferred.

I tried booking last week and I told them I wanted the Toy Story section. They said they couldn't guar. that. I asked if I paid the perf. rate would that guar. the Toy Story buildings. They said no and I thought that they said the perf rate would only guar. one of the buildings around the pool.

Cause then I said whats the point of the perf rate if it doesn't guar me Toy Story? lol

I wish that when you booked they would assign you a specific room at that time.

Oh well, I took standard rate and asked for Toy Story without any guar.

Book as soon as you can, don't book preferred building and request Toy Story a day or two before your trip!!

There's my 2 cents.

But seriously, the only thing you are getting with the Fantasia building is being right by the main pool, entryway to the courtyard and the foodcourt. Which may or may not be a good thing. We stayed in the Buzz building and had a very short walk to everything, except the Mighty Ducks pool (which DS happened to love...don't ask me why).

You'll have a great time no matter what building (or hotel for that matter) you're staying in!!
Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter