ASMO or POFQ??

dznyfn1

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I finally bought the tickets. Now I have to decide which resort with my 2 DSs ages 16 and 13. I have the ASMO and POFQ on hold through DU with the Spring Savers plan. Which resort would you recommend and why. We do not plan to be at the resort much but would like to spend a few hours during the week resting at the pool.
Is there something else I should be checking with one of the codes. Would I get a similar rate with a code at a deluxe??

Actually, I have only stayed at AS resorts but I love them! We always spend most of our time at the parks and have never really felt the need to spend double (or nearly double) the amount on a moderate. The AS resorts IMO are very fun and magical, not to mention clean.

THanks for the input. We did stay at AS MU last year and had a great time. THe only value resort available on the plan was ASMO and my teen boys did not appear thrilled with the theme and were worried it would be too many toddlers. After seeing some pictures of the Mighty Ducks they thought that was ok and certainly as ok at the POFQ theme. I agree on the cost issue!

I have stayed at ASMu and really enjoyed it. I do think however your kids would like PO-FQ too. They have a marina to rent all kinds of watercraft. They also have a fishing hole if they are into that. Just a thought. I don't think you can go wrong with either one!!! Enjoy!!:)

Having stayed at AS Sports and POR, I would choose PO-FQ just because there are more activities to choose from. You never know what your trip will bring. You may not veg out at the pool as much as you thought but yet not be in the parks either. Both my kids enjoyed POR much more than AS Sports even though they liked both.

As a Major ASMO fan... that just returned from a stay at POFQ... I have to say... POFQ... IF you will spend time at the resort. I love the theming at ASMO, and when I first checked into the POFQ I thought it wasn't much better... however, the hot tub, and the size caused the POFQ to win me over. Our first room in Bldg 1 was NOISY, however we were moved to Bldg 5 (rm 5125) and we never heard another thing!

The pool at POFQ wasn't all that, however my 6 yo DD LOVED the slide. The food court at POFQ left a bit to be desired... don't get me wrong, we could always find something to eat, but once we took the boat over to POR to check out their food court... we weren't quite as happy with ours! Besides the pool, there isn't much to do at POFQ, unless you hop on a boat over to POR - where you can rent boats, bikes, surrey bikes, etc... Also, as fans of Downtown Disney we loved taking the boat ride there!

Another plus of POFQ... being the first to get picked up by the buses! We had some sizeable waits, but at least we always got a seat.

Sorry this was SO long... but having just got back, I'm still excited about my trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter