Disneyland math is hurting my brain. (crowds in June?)

Jaina

Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.
I'm trying to take one of my teens on a trip in June, but the whole "3-day pass" being valid June 10-Sept is messing up my calculations. I have a Believe pass, and we already bought a 2-day park hopper for her. Is it going to be better to go the last week before the new tickets are valid (right after Enchant is blocked) or better to go on weekdays after that (when the $199 pass is valid) or on a weekend after that (when the $299 pass is valid)? Thoughts? Mostly looking at June 7-8 (F-S) or June 28-29 (F-S).

OMG. My head is hurting in trying to follow your post. 😲
Haha! You see my problem, then... it's more guesswork/luck than anything, but my brain can't ever NOT try to plan the best time...

I don’t think there will be a huge difference either way.
I talked to one of my local friends who has a pass, and she said she'd personally prefer the earlier date because some of their schools don't get out until the 8th...

Haha! You see my problem, then... it's more guesswork/luck than anything, but my brain can't ever NOT try to plan the best time...
Yep. And being honest, I can get a little obsessive about planning the dates like you. I feel the pain :-)

I talked to one of my local friends who has a pass, and she said she'd personally prefer the earlier date because some of their schools don't get out until the 8th...

I'd pick late June just to avoid Grad Nite on 6/7.

Capo USD (south OC) last day of school is May 30.

San Diego USD last day is June 6.

Irvine USD traditional schedule last day is June 7.

LAUSD last day of school is June 11.

All that said, people come to Disneyland from all over and I see tons of school-aged kids at all times of the year.

Regarding grad nights, I was just visiting on May 17, a Friday, and it was shockingly un-crowded all day in both parks. I was there from 9am to 8pm and my friends and I kept commenting about how low the crowds were. We of course saw teens all day but it was just very mellow in the parks that day. Maybe a fluke? I have no idea. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I noticed the same on Friday. Both Thursday and Friday were fantastic, only Friday had the Grad Night. Sunday though was a diffferent matter. Way more crowded than I expected, but not sure how much that was Grad Night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter