At OKW Now

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
Ok, we are not at the park but at our OKW villa. The weather has been hot with a shower yesterday afternoon. There is rain for the entire time we are here but it is a tropical depression going thru with another one on it's heels.

We have packed ponchos and keep them with us at all times. When it rains we just go into the nearest ride that is under a roof or have a snack, meal. Unfortunately, it looks like 50% rain for our MNSSHP on Sunday evening.

The love bugs are here but not out in force yet. I have seen them around but not in swarms and the bus windshields are still ok when they come in. There are starting and we expect more as the week goes on.

The crowds at MK are minimal. We were joking that a fish can breath out here! We have had room on all sides of us and walk on rides.

We arrived on Monday at 6:30 and did go to Wishes that nite. The next morning we went to MK with walk on rides and room. Then we came back for a swim and nap. The evening we went to Epcot for illuminations but it was late so many of the rides were closed. We did go on test track and soarin. Then waited the required 40 minutes to get a good spot to see the show.

Yesterday we went to MK in the morning for magical little ones early entry. It was crowded in Fantasy land we won't do it again. Once we left a bit after 9 am the rest of the park was wide open. I even have a picture of no one by us! We walked onto every ride!

We came back for a nap, then went to MGM for dinner at 50's prime time. The service was very cute, but the park was full. We did go on ToT and then over to see Fantasmic. We waited about 15 minutes. The show was wonderful.

Bus service has been very nice. We have yet to stand but we do leave the shows and hurry to get to the bus.

Summary, MK is empty but the rest of the parks are fuller. Rain is expected and it does rain. Love bugs are starting and it is hot. High 80's!

We have AK today, our photo setting at GF, dinner at Le'Celliers. Tomorrow is F&W and my birthday! The rest of the trip is doing whatever we want.

Having a DVC makes this feel like a real vacation, with long jetted tubs, nice naps and beautiful setting. We are in Building 39 and just love the turtle pond pool! It is our first time off Miller road and glad we are seeing a new area. DS loves the pool and it is smaller so we can keep track of him.

April

Continue to enjoy your vacation! It's nice hearing from you!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

OKW is our favourite too - just there in July and had a great time!
Enjoy the rest of your stay!:goodvibes

Thank you for all the great information. We will be there in a few days and it is good to get a firsthand account for weather, crowds and love bugs!

Have a great time :cool1:

So glad you're enjoying your DVC vacation! :thumbsup2 I remember reading your posts as you were going through the purchase process. popcorn::

Hope the rest of your trip is :wizard: and the same for all future ones. :goodvibes

Glad you're enjoying OKW. Being there is like a vacation within a vacation. We'll be heading there 7 months from tomorrow and I can't wait!!

Thanks for the report! We will be there 2 weeks from Saturday!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Donna

Have a wonderful time! We'll be at OKW in 9 days! Was everything okay with your room? Our friends stayed in the Turtle Pond area their last trip and loved it, said it was very convenient and the kids loved the pool. Enjoy!

Happy Birthday

Glad to hear your having a great time..
I can't wait to try OKW....

Nice to hear from another happy DVC'er
Have a great trip
Kerri

Have a great time! Enjoy OKW--we loved it in March. Only 14 months until our next visit.....ugh.....

Blakely

Ok, we are not at the park but at our OKW villa. The weather has been hot with a shower yesterday afternoon. There is rain for the entire time we are here but it is a tropical depression going thru with another one on it's heels.

We have packed ponchos and keep them with us at all times. When it rains we just go into the nearest ride that is under a roof or have a snack, meal. Unfortunately, it looks like 50% rain for our MNSSHP on Sunday evening.

The love bugs are here but not out in force yet. I have seen them around but not in swarms and the bus windshields are still ok when they come in. There are starting and we expect more as the week goes on.

The crowds at MK are minimal. We were joking that a fish can breath out here! We have had room on all sides of us and walk on rides.

We arrived on Monday at 6:30 and did go to Wishes that nite. The next morning we went to MK with walk on rides and room. Then we came back for a swim and nap. The evening we went to Epcot for illuminations but it was late so many of the rides were closed. We did go on test track and soarin. Then waited the required 40 minutes to get a good spot to see the show.

Yesterday we went to MK in the morning for magical little ones early entry. It was crowded in Fantasy land we won't do it again. Once we left a bit after 9 am the rest of the park was wide open. I even have a picture of no one by us! We walked onto every ride!

We came back for a nap, then went to MGM for dinner at 50's prime time. The service was very cute, but the park was full. We did go on ToT and then over to see Fantasmic. We waited about 15 minutes. The show was wonderful.

Bus service has been very nice. We have yet to stand but we do leave the shows and hurry to get to the bus.

Summary, MK is empty but the rest of the parks are fuller. Rain is expected and it does rain. Love bugs are starting and it is hot. High 80's!

We have AK today, our photo setting at GF, dinner at Le'Celliers. Tomorrow is F&W and my birthday! The rest of the trip is doing whatever we want.

Having a DVC makes this feel like a real vacation, with long jetted tubs, nice naps and beautiful setting. We are in Building 39 and just love the turtle pond pool! It is our first time off Miller road and glad we are seeing a new area. DS loves the pool and it is smaller so we can keep track of him.

April

Thanks for the information. We leave for OKW in 2 weeks!!!! Today is my birthday too, so Happy Birthday!! Glad you are having a great time.

April:

Have a great vacation! I went to 50's Prime Time Cafe for the first time this month and really liked it. Love the tv's!

Love bugs are a strange type of insect that stay hooked together in sets of two's (hence the "love" reference) Here a picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug

Evidently they spend their entire adult lives attached and doing the hankey pankey with their mates. My husband is wondering why we never see that bug in "A bugs life" at AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter