At WDW Now - Used GAD Fastpass for Epcot & DHS

They don't always use Fastpass, but it is still available if they decide to use it. It is still listed as a FASTPASS attraction though.

Ironically, Lights Motors Action is a Daisy attraction, yet hasn't used FP in quite a while and isn't listed as a FASTPASS attraction.

Just got home last night. We had 3 vouchers to use and saved them for Mon, Tues & Wed. They came in VERY handy as it was so busy that MK was at capacity starting on Mon. Anyway, we redeemed our first voucher on Mon. at HS. We decided to use one at Lights, Motors Action. We stopped by the FP machines & noticed they were all covered except for the special one. We got our FP's then went to go in and they weren't TAKING THEM at all. The CM said he didn't know why the machine was uncovered but we were sort of ticked that we USED one of the attractions. SOO, later, we were having dinner at Mama's and DS is a real chatterbox and he starts telling our server about how we used (wasted) one of our uses and next thing we know, she'd told the manager at Mama's about it and the manager came over with a yellow slip for a one-time any use FP!! How great was that!? :thumbsup2 So DS wanted to use it for TOT. We go over there and it was broken down!!:sad2: So we ended up not getting to use it as we had a regular FP for RR and after we used it the park was closing. We kept the slip and the next day we did MK in the morning for EMH's until about 11:00 or so, just regular old fashioned working the system. Then we left for Epcot to redeem our vouchers over there for the evening as we had a dinner ADR there that night. It took a long time to get there as it was so busy. After we redeemed our vouchers (around Noon) we asked the Will Call CM if it would be possible to exchange the slip (we told her the whole story of the silly LMA thing) and she said "not a problem" and she gave us a new slip good at Epcot.:thumbsup2 Felt like pixie dust for sure!

ANYWAY, we came back that evening for dinner, ate, watched Illuminations then set out to use our FP's in Future World. No problem at Soarin' - the special FP machine was uncovered. So we went ahead & redeemed the yellow slip there too and rode it 2x figuring we still had 2 Donald's left so we'd go ride TT 2x. Got over to TT and the machines were all covered up! So we asked how we could redeem our FP's and the CM said they were not valid during EMH's!!! We were like but we JUST USED THEM at Soarin'. He was like well you won't here! Then he asked if we wanted to talk to someone else and we said YES! We weren't giving up so easily as we'd waited all day to use them. So the CM in charge of TT that evening came out & said they don't take the special FP's during EMH's and we sort of pushed it a little since we'd just used them at Soarin' so he pulled out 1 set of instant FP cards from his pocket and gave them to us so we could ride it one time. So we essentially wasted 1 ride by waiting. Of course DS kept yelling at us that we should've saved the yellow slip for TT but WHO KNEW?! There is obviously still some discrepancies and miscommunication among the CM's as to using them during EMH's. Our advice is to not wait until late to redeem them - go to your attractions & pull your FP's before it's too late so you don't have to argue over it.

On Wed. we did early open at AK, got a FP for EE and rode EE 3x standby while the line was short. We'd already been there one other day and had already done Kali, Dinosaur, Flights of Wonder & the Safari so really were just there for an EE fix. DS also rode Primevil Whirl (I HATE that one so I sit on a bench for that.) We finished AK by about 10:00 and went over to MK to redeem our last voucher. We grabbed one reg. FP for Space Mtn with a return time of like 3:10, used one of the GAD FP's at Space then went on to use our FP's at all the other attractions they were good for. By the time we got over to Adventure Land the wait times were over 100 minutes at just about everything so the FP's came in VERY HANDY.

We redeemed for FP cards after 11 am twice with no problems. The first was at AK at 2 pm on the 26th; the 2nd was after 5 pm at MK on Sat the 27th. Each card was still good for the 3 each Donald and Daisies.

Also, although Splash wasn't listed on the handout for MK, it worked fine for us, costing the expected Donald FP credit.

The GAD FPs were wonderful, allowing us to easily visit every WDW headliner (all 4 parks, with many multiple rides) in only 2 days.

Mickey Flyers, saw your post, you were successful in using your GAD fastpass today, a blackout day? Great news! Was there any issue?

Absolutely no trouble at all! It was perfect.

Mickey Fliers,
I was also wondering if it was still 3 Donalds and 3 Daisys or did they lessen the amount for the blackout dates?
We'll be there next week and are planning on using our vouchers for FPs.
Thanks!

Yep, it was still 3 Donald and 3 Daisy. We used all 3 Donalds on Toy Story Mania since we were able to use regular FP and Rider Switch for RnRC and ToT. I will say, that when the wait for TSM was 175 min and all the FP were gone, using the GAD card caused a bit of a riot. Luckily, the CM got the FPs for us and we got out of there fast!

Tell me if this thought process will work...DW and I both have the GAD voucher. We will redeem the voucher for a one day park admission ($79). Then we will apply the one day ticket towards an Annual Pass ($489) and also apply our new DVC membership discount ($100). If this goes as planned, we will pay only $310 (489-79-100=310) for an AP (plus tax)! Is this doable?

Tell me if this thought process will work...DW and I both have the GAD voucher. We will redeem the voucher for a one day park admission ($79). Then we will apply the one day ticket towards an Annual Pass ($489) and also apply our new DVC membership discount ($100). If this goes as planned, we will pay only $310 (489-79-100=310) for an AP (plus tax)! Is this doable?

Yes, although you are thinking about the DVC "discount" wrong. Technically it isn't a discount, it is a separate ticket type. You want to ask to upgrade to the DVC Annual Pass, which is itself priced at $389. But otherwise everything is the same.

In theory, the price of a Tourist AP could change but the DVC AP stay the same.

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already, but I wasn't able to read through all of the 25 pages of this thread. :-) Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. My husband and I both received vouchers. Can we just use 1 voucher to get the FP? We'd like to use the other towards an AP renewal.

2. When DH redeems his voucher for the FP, does he only get a FP for one park or does he get one for each park?

3. If we redeem 1 voucher for the FP, and we receive FP for all four parks, can we use one at another time? We don't plan on visiting AK during our next trip at the end of this month, but will be returning in October and could use the AK FP then. Is that possible? I know that once you redeem the voucher at a specific park you have to use it by the end of the day, but if you get a voucher for AK can you keep that to use at another time as long as you don't turn it in at AK? (Sorry if this is confusing)

4. We have a family of 4. If DH is the only one using his voucher for a FP can we all go with him in the FP lane? I thought I read somewhere that each GAD FP is good for the FP holder and up to 5 other people. Is this correct?

Question for anyone... if 1 voucher = 1 GAD FP for 1 park only, do you think 6 FP at 1 park is worth $85? I originally thought 1 voucher = 1 GAD FP for EACH Park, but now that I'm reading through all of these posts, it seems like you only get a GAD FP for 1 park. Is that correct?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already, but I wasn't able to read through all of the 25 pages of this thread. :-) Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. My husband and I both received vouchers. Can we just use 1 voucher to get the FP? We'd like to use the other towards an AP renewal.

2. When DH redeems his voucher for the FP, does he only get a FP for one park or does he get one for each park?

3. If we redeem 1 voucher for the FP, and we receive FP for all four parks, can we use one at another time? We don't plan on visiting AK during our next trip at the end of this month, but will be returning in October and could use the AK FP then. Is that possible? I know that once you redeem the voucher at a specific park you have to use it by the end of the day, but if you get a voucher for AK can you keep that to use at another time as long as you don't turn it in at AK? (Sorry if this is confusing)

4. We have a family of 4. If DH is the only one using his voucher for a FP can we all go with him in the FP lane? I thought I read somewhere that each GAD FP is good for the FP holder and up to 5 other people. Is this correct?

Question for anyone... if 1 voucher = 1 GAD FP for 1 park only, do you think 6 FP at 1 park is worth $85? I originally thought 1 voucher = 1 GAD FP for EACH Park, but now that I'm reading through all of these posts, it seems like you only get a GAD FP for 1 park. Is that correct?

1) Yes

2,3,4) Each person in your group gets a Fastpass Exchange Card, good ONLY for the park at which you turn in the voucher, for that day only. Each card works indepedently and has the same number of Donald/Daisy FP "credits". So if you all want to go on the same attraction, you each need to get a FP using your card.

Bonus Question: It's worth can only be judged by you. On a busier day, the FPs have more value.

Can the vouchers be redeemed for the GAD FP inside a park at guest relations? Or do you have to do it at a ticket window outside the park?

Thanks

Hi! Coming down in 11 days, so excited. Plan to use GAD vouchers for FP at each park (have 5 vouchers). Worried about using them after all the FP have been distributed for the day, especially on TSM and Soarin. I sounds like it should not be a problem. Any tips? Thanks!

Can the vouchers be redeemed for the GAD FP inside a park at guest relations? Or do you have to do it at a ticket window outside the park?

Thanks

Officially, you need to do it at the Will Call window outside the park. Although the inside Guest Relations can probably handle the transaction if necessary, they are probably not prepared to.

Hi! Coming down in 11 days, so excited. Plan to use GAD vouchers for FP at each park (have 5 vouchers). Worried about using them after all the FP have been distributed for the day, especially on TSM and Soarin. I sounds like it should not be a problem. Any tips? Thanks!

No one to date has had a problem, including on some REALLY busy days.

No question, just a thank you for all who have posted their experiences. Everyday I read more on this thread confirms the fact that I am doing the right thing using our vouchers for FP in the heat and crowds of June.:banana:

Thanks!!

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. If I have a GAD pass and use it for fastpasses, I can choose three rides that I get the fast passes for, right? If I choose to, I can use all three for TSM? Would I get three fastpasses for each of us (me, DH, 2 DDs)?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. If I have a GAD pass and use it for fastpasses, I can choose three rides that I get the fast passes for, right? If I choose to, I can use all three for TSM? Would I get three fastpasses for each of us (me, DH, 2 DDs)?

If you turn in a GAD Fastpass, you would get one Fastpass Exchange Card for EACH of you - so four in total.

EACH card can get an instant FP up to three (or whatever it is that day, but they certainly seem to be sticking to three this year) times in any combination of Donald attractions, and up to three times in any combination of Daisy attractions.

So you could each use your FPXC three times at TSM, getting you a total of 12 TSM Fastpasses.

And then you could also use them once each at Star Tours, Lights Motors Action, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid (DHS Daisy attractions).

No question, just a thank you for all who have posted their experiences. Everyday I read more on this thread confirms the fact that I am doing the right thing using our vouchers for FP in the heat and crowds of June.:banana:

Thanks!!

Good choice! :thumbsup2
The week we were there it was dead, but I knew that last Saturday might be mobbed (start of spring break and princess mararhon weekend) so we saved my voucher for MK. Thank goodness we did! As we walked right on to Pooh (there was a 1 hr wait), DH said "This is worth WAY much more than $75!!"

Thanks Doconeill!! I totally understand the process, and now I'm even more excited to use them!!!

I just came back after visiting the week before Easter. We used our GAD FP card at the Studios. At noon, TSM had a 175 min wait and FP were gone for the day. They left one FP machine available for the special GAD FP cards. However, a CM may get the FP for you as to keep other guests from getting ticked off.

That's how we'll be using our GAD FPs at HS! None of us want to do ToT or RnRC - so we're using all 3 for TSM.

Then the other 3 for Star Tours, Lights Motors Action, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Assuming ST is even running when we get there. I keep hearing it will be shutdown - some say Oct, some say Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter