Aug 1, Hawaii Opening

Noah_t

Mouseketeer
I am pretty excited to hear the news. Of course the logistics might be a tough hurdle but at least we see a path. Now all we need is Canada to end the two week quarantine upon arrival in Canada.

That’s very nice news! Hope that the cases continue to stay down and those that have trips planned will enjoy! Such a beautiful resort!

I am pretty excited to hear the news. Of course the logistics might be a tough hurdle but at least we see a path. Now all we need is Canada to end the two week quarantine upon arrival in Canada.
Yes, as of now though, what is unclear is how non-US residents would get tested in a way that feeds into the system that Hawaii is developing... Hopeful for my October trip but that may now include a detour via US mainland first... we shall see...

Yes, as of now though, what is unclear is how non-US residents would get tested in a way that feeds into the system that Hawaii is developing... Hopeful for my October trip but that may now include a detour via US mainland first... we shall see...
If I had to I would drive south and get a test. I live right at the border near Vancouver so it's not a huge hurdle.

This is good news but wonder how many will want to pay out of pocket for pretesting. Hopefully you will get to visit the islands as planned!

Last edited:
If I had to I would drive south and get a test. I live right at the border near Vancouver so it's not a huge hurdle.
Until the land border opens that will be quite the hurdle :( They way things are going south of us I don't expect the land border to open before the end of this year. I'm lucky we got to Aulani at the beginning of March. I have to admit I have no idea how to go about getting a Covid test here in BC (guess that means we have been lucky so far??? I don't know).

Is it expected that Hawaii still have a 14 day quarantine order on August 1st? It seems to me that it is extremely difficult and expensive to quarantine for 14 days prior to your trip!

Until the land border opens that will be quite the hurdle :( They way things are going south of us I don't expect the land border to open before the end of this year. I'm lucky we got to Aulani at the beginning of March. I have to admit I have no idea how to go about getting a Covid test here in BC (guess that means we have been lucky so far??? I don't know).
Well, technically, the testing currently done in Canada is the type that Hawaii is looking for. Problem is that Hawaii's system is unlikely to plug into our provincial systems. I can potentially see travel clinics in Canada starting to offer this type of service... someday. Being on the East Coast, I was thinking of a "detour" via Disneyland to get enough time for testing but with the current situation... maybe not...

Yes I could not agree more with this. Reading the headlines about the amount of Covid cases south of us I really do understand the decision to keep the border closed. We were supposed to go at the end of March! Yes we really have been lucky in BC.

In the news conference today they said they are partnering with CVS and other testing facilities for verification. I would think by October they will have something worked out with a Canadian testing facility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter