• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 10-17, Northern Europe from Copenhagen (modified itinerary) on the Magic

jeffporfirio

Mouseketeer
I noticed there was no thread for the August 10th Northern Europe from Copenhagen on the Magic thread.
Maybe we can share experiences, expectation, questions, etc.

We'll be doing Paris before the Cruise and Brussels after.

Some of the activities we have planned during the cruise:
- Oslo: Nobel Peace Centre, Vigeland, Science and Tech Museum and Resistance Museum
- Gothenburg: Maritman, the Canals, maybe aeromuseum (have done the Volvo Museum and Universeum in the past. Both highly recommended)
- Alesund: Atlantic SeaPark
- Fredericia: Legoland and the Void

Cheers

We are looking forward to this cruise. It will be our second Disney cruise and our first on the Magic.

We're going to visit Berlin and Prague before the cruise and then spend a few extra days in Copenhagen after the cruise.

We are looking forward to this cruise. It will be our second Disney cruise and our first on the Magic.

We're going to visit Berlin and Prague before the cruise and then spend a few extra days in Copenhagen after the cruise.

At first we were disappointed with the itinerary change, although we understood the obvious reasons behind it.
- Are you doing any DCL excursions, or venturing out on your own?

Please report back after your cruise. I am booked on this itinerary (similar) for 2023.

LAX

Will do. Still upset we were moved out of Helsinki, Stockholm and Tallin but looking forward to it.

BTW. Shouldn't they revert back to the old itinerary (except St Pete of course) now that Finland and Sweden will be part of Nato?

Will do. Still upset we were moved out of Helsinki, Stockholm and Tallin but looking forward to it.

BTW. Shouldn't they revert back to the old itinerary (except St Pete of course) now that Finland and Sweden will be part of Nato?

We are on this cruise also! I'd be surprised if they change the itinerary again but who knows! We are just excited for the vacation. We'll go where the ship does.

I should include:

We plan to mostly just explore on our own in the towns. We do have a few plans

Gothenburg: Lisberg Theme Park. Purchase through the Park directly! The Disney excursion is so overpriced its ridiculous.
Alesund: Historical Walking tour booked through DCL Port Adventures. Going to give this one a shot most likely.

Booked a Palo Brunch. Otherwise just planning to eat myself silly on shwarma. We have never done a 7 night on the Magic before, only on the Fantasy so definitely looking forward to it.

We've done Gothenburg before. Our kids aren't into roller coasters, but we have done Universeum and the Volvo Museum, both were pretty nice.

As mentioned above, we'll be doing Maritman in Gothenburg this time, the aquarium at Alesund, and Legoland at Fredericia; all on our own (agree some of the DCL excursions are overpriced)

Last edited:
At first we were disappointed with the itinerary change, although we understood the obvious reasons behind it.
- Are you doing any DCL excursions, or venturing out on your own?
My wife’s family is Norwegian, so the change was fine with us. We just love going to Europe.

We are doing DCL excursions, They are all city/area tours.

We thought about a DIsneyland Paris visit, but we already had a full trip. Anyone going to hit Disneyland before or after the cruise?

My wife’s family is Norwegian, so the change was fine with us. We just love going to Europe.

We are doing DCL excursions, They are all city/area tours.

We thought about a DIsneyland Paris visit, but we already had a full trip. Anyone going to hit Disneyland before or after the cruise?
We did the Walking Tour in Alesund through DCL. 50 Bucks PP is a pretty good deal.

Would have LOVED to do Disneyland but sadly, just not enough time to fit it in. Maybe in the future.

We got luggage tags yesterday (in Canada), will be uploading vaccine records this weekend. Getting real

Super glad that this thread has been created.
I’ve been checking but didn’t want to be THAT guy.

Anyway it’s our first cruise and although the redacted itinerary isn’t to our taste we are really looking forward to just hanging out and seeing how it goes.

We haven’t received any documentation here in France, nothing was sent to our home address should we be starting to worry?

What’s everybody’s highlight that they are most looking forward to?

Same here, about the itinerary. At first upset, but now looking forward to it.
Looking forward to Oslo and Fredericia.
We uploaded Covid certificates last week, and they got accepted within the hour. Expecting to test virtually the day before in the am.

Well we are tested and checked in.
It feels like a lot of hoops to jump through and kinda weird that DCL isn’t like YOURE ALL DONE but I’m just glad tbh.

Travelling to Copenhagen tomorrow night at around midnight.

Can’t wait now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter