• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wide awake

<font color=darkgreen>Nuts are good<br><font color
I really hope they are adding at least one new port, and an increase in time on the others would be nice. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sea days, but at the time of the cruise I'll be 43. Who knows if I'll ever go through the Canal again. Have other trips I want to take...Egypt, Alaska Cruise, South America/Antartica cruise, Hawaii, Germany, Norway, Africa, South America, Russia...

Victoria and I are heading off soon to our first ever mother/daughter only trip! We will be spending a day at Discovery Cove and swimming with dolphins for Victoria's birthday gift! I've got to figure out how to use the darn camera feature on my latest and greatest cell phone.

When we get back we will be geared up to watch for air fares!

Have a great couple of weeks. I can't imagine what catching up on this thread will be like!

I've got alittle time for indexing again. I will do pages 121 thru 135.

Arlene, if you are still on line and willing, how about doing pages 136 thru 146. Then post your index on Jasons website.

I'm not sure who else is indexing and what pages they may be doing. I hope we aren't doing double work (but it is fun anyway!!).

Originally posted by rsschneck
Could be changing length of stay at certain ports....
yeah, i just checked and noticed some missing times for our transit thru the canal :(

Hi Lynda

No problem - 136 to 145 it is! I'm not sure how to do the add them to Jason's website, but I should be able to figure it out. (If not, my company is seriously wasting their money paying me as a computer Network Administrator:teeth: )

Arlene

Grumbo's wife made 1 last stop before heading out on vacation.

She told Grumbo she needed to stop off to get a couple of things before they left.

450costco.jpg

Mark

Originally posted by RobinMarie
Victoria and I are heading off soon to our first ever mother/daughter only trip! We will be spending a day at Discovery Cove and swimming with dolphins for Victoria's birthday gift! I've got to figure out how to use the darn camera feature on my latest and greatest cell phone.

When we get back we will be geared up to watch for air fares!

Have a great couple of weeks. I can't imagine what catching up on this thread will be like!

WONDERFUL! Mother/daughter trips are forever memory makers. Good for you! Please tell me about Discovery Cove when you return. I will be anxious to hear if it is worth it. I'm thinking of taking DD next year when she is 8.

Happy Birthday to Victoria!

Darlene

Mark, you crack me up!

I am not surprised with intinerary changes. I bet it will happen several times before it is set in gold. That's ok with me. All I booked this for was the experience of the Panama Canal and the FOURTEEN days of bliss.

Just drove down the mountain in heavy fog. It was so scary. Thought I needed to calm my nerves here. Thank goodness for Mark!

I hear that the weather in Colorado has been pretty bad. Here in Oregon it was over 100 degrees today!

Paul

It was SOOOO Hot today, wasn't it? Tomorrow is the DISmeet and I am trying to decide if we should move it indoors.

Supposed to be 100 again tomorrow. Do you think it will be shady enough? Should we move the party inside (assuming they have AC)?

It will be fun to get to know everyone.

I'm not sure they have AC. If it's in the area were they usually reserve the tables there should be plenty of shade. As I type this it's still 84 degrees outside!:earseek: :earseek:

Paul

I just received this email from DU. . Let's keep watching the Disney Cruise web sight to see what itinerary changes they might have in store.

Hi Roxann!

I just spoke with the Dining Coordinator at Disney Cruise Line and she advised that the cruise itinerary for the 14-night cruise is changing. She didn't give me any specifics, but advised that it will be early next year before they begin making reservations associated with the Romantic Escape package for those cruises. Once we have information on the schedule and the itinerary for that sailing, we will let you know.

Tammy Cermak
Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc.

Whilst most of the ports have other cruise ships, stopping on a regular basis, I haven't seen Puerto Quetzal, Quatamarla on many, and for the time in port there doesn't appear to be much to do, other lines that do stop, stop for longer.

On the Panama cruise I have been on before, we stopped at Puerto Caldera Costa Rica, and had a wonderful number of options including the rain forest and a nature reserve, so that's an option.

Also we stopped at the Western end of the Panama Canal at the port of Balboa for refuelling, this is close to Panama city.

DCL will have to look at refuelling and restocking, book the Panama canal transit, which they pay more for, for a guaranteed time, cargo ships pay less, but have to wait if there is a queue. For most of the transit its one way at a time.

Some ports might have another ship in, or not have enough interesting trips.

I would have thought Cabo, Acapulco, Castaway cay, are unlikely to be changed, for times, dates etc. These are used regularly, and have good trips, CC of course DCL controls, and we all 'expect' to be there.

Curaco is still highly likely due to location, but as it hasn't been used by DCL before, could be substituted, for Jamaica, Cartagena, (Columbia).

With that logic, it does just come down to the booked time of PC transit, refuelling in that area, and Puerto Quetzal. Depending on PC transit time they might have to 'rush' down the west coast, or take their time more.

I just received this email from DU. DH and I have booked the ACTUAL Disney REAS package through DU. Our TA was going to get our Palo reservations set-up and seems like it may be awhile before that is doable. Let's keep watching the Disney Cruise web sight to see what itinerary changes they might have in store.

Hi Roxann!

I just spoke with the Dining Coordinator at Disney Cruise Line and she advised that the cruise itinerary for the 14-night cruise is changing. She didn't give me any specifics, but advised that it will be early next year before they begin making reservations associated with the Romantic Escape package for those cruises. Once we have information on the schedule and the itinerary for that sailing, we will let you know.

Tammy Cermak
Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc.

Very Interesting........

Let's hope the changes are for the better!

Scratch
pirate:

Scratch42 Yes reading the May West bound 14 day cruise, some posters are also looking forward to Puerto Quetzal being dropped!

Some have had bad experiences burning fires etc., and it seems there is limited shore excursions from the port.

When you book a year to 15 months in advance, and its the very first time DCL have organised this routes, there is a high chance that amendments will be made.

Whilst the port of Puerto Caldera Costa Rica, wasn't anything special, we had a wonderful trip from there to the rain forests and wildlife, I remember a high amount of options from there.

But this all depends on their times, and route and mainly when and at what time they book the Panama transit.

hey i wouldn';t even mind if one of the Port of Call
is San Diego!!! After all on the western Carrib, they go to Key West, why not San Diego??? I think that would be nice!! But perhaps it is too close to LA??

I would love to go to San Diego, its one of those places that are so near but so far, I have travelled through LA a few times and each time everyone has said to go there but I keep missing it.

Its a bit too close to LA, and as all of the DCL trips out of LA miss it, I presume they felt the same.

I again am going to miss it, I have just put together my trip for 2005 and booked most of the flights and accommodation and it seems its pre cruise at Las Vegas, with grand canyon, then Hollywood and Universal, then Grand Californian before the ship.

I think that Puerto Quetzal is the one that might get dropped or adjusted.

I hope it isn't San Diego. I've been there quite a few times.

SD, Its far too close, and if the 7 day trips do not call there it doesn't make sense.

I listed before that I think:-

Acapulco, and Cabo: Unlikely to be moved, good times, days from LA, well used by cruise ships, very popular, highlights, lots to do.

Panama : Down to time day DCL book transit. Previous and post times depend on this booking, the ship will have either more or less time in Pacific depending on the booked arrival time.

Refuel stop. Many ships refuel and resupply in Balboa near Panama city, they might need to add this in.

Castaway, Wouldn't be moved, arrive a little later a possibility, but would have to leave on time to get to PC.

Curacao, possible alternatives in Jamaica and Cartagena, (Columbia). But DCL seem to go a little out of the way for this one, ( so want to go) and other ships call here, So I think it stays.

It leaves just one little known place Puerto Quetzal to be changed, so anyone for Costa Rica?????????? Many posts appear to be unfavorable to Puerto Quetzal and the trips seem limited.

My opinon only!

I hope San Diego isn't it...or Ensenada, or Catalina...Ensenada was gross the one time we were there...a guy was selling ceviche on a street corner...my sister and I about died laughing...talk about taking your life in your hands !!! You could smell it from 100 yards away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter