August 2006 Eastern Cruise Who is Going?

Joanna - I booked for 2 people ($500 dep) and picked the same stateroom I had this time so I know it fits 4.

pattiteach - that is my understanding. I was told today there is an $85 change fee.

-Mary Rose

Hello Everyone..

It figures...I should have booked it when they told me 25% off..

Oh well..
It will be 10% off and 200 stateroom credit..

My loss..

OK...I cant wait..

Do we want Puerto Rico?..

I do...

Let us know...

Bobby

$85.00 changing fee? I changed mine last year but I do not recall if I did it after 30 days or not.

I just realized I was reading a Aug 2006 THREAD,, wahooo... Hmm Puerto Rico MAN.. Cindy are moms can converse,,lol
Bobby how is the heat down there?
I booked one person 2 rooms, have to add the husband and kids still...
Donna told us we can change and no fee was assesssed.. Are you still going to do Radisson??
Doreen

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO ADD THINGS TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST!!!

Go t User CP at top of this thread on the left, and then click on edit profile, or edit options, whichever it is you want to add.

Did Donna say that the people you add will also be at 10% off?

Hi everyone
I'm putting this in both threads in case some one doesn't read one or the other.
Looks like we will see each other soon & maybe meet some of the people we missed.
Colleen (tiggerwannabe), Alyssa & I went to the Jersey meet.
The food was great, Collen & Alyssa won some great prizes. A musical castle & a huge Disney pin. Verandah man was there & the Trivia guy was there with pins & his new book on Disney Trivia.
I should be done with my trip pictures by Sun & will post them then.
Jill

Joanna - I booked for 4 people.. but I might call back before monday and change it to 2 people so I only have to give a $500 deposit.

I mentioned it to Bob last night and although he would be interested in different ports... he wasnt as excited about going on DCL in 2006... he is thinking he may want to go to an all-inclusive or one of the RCCI Mega Ships again... plus the Ultra Voyager is supposed to go into service in 2006.

Ginny

Ginny...Although I would love to see you again, I would have to agree with Bob, as after 10 days on the ship and 14 days nextt year, you also want to try a new line or all inclusive.

We are looking for 2005 a cruise out of NY of course on a different line, probably wouldn't book until springtime 2005 as other ships offer better prices the closer to the cruise date OR Aruba or another shore vacation.

Joanna

Originally posted by winnyis
Joanna - I booked for 4 people.. but I might call back before monday and change it to 2 people so I only have to give a $500 deposit.

I mentioned it to Bob last night and although he would be interested in different ports... he wasnt as excited about going on DCL in 2006... he is thinking he may want to go to an all-inclusive or one of the RCCI Mega Ships again... plus the Ultra Voyager is supposed to go into service in 2006.

Ginny

Ginny, where did you find out about the ultra-Voyager being in service in 2006? I've been reading 2007, but maybe you have better or more accurate sources! :)

Terry - I had heard 2006 when they originally announced the Ultra Voyager... my info may be outdated at this point.

Joanna - I am also leaning towards Bob's rationale... after next years cruise we will have been on 4 DCL cruises.. and while we have had a great time on each one.. maybe we should try something different. Plus the good thing is if we do decide to do DCL in 2006.. I can always rebook while on board the repo cruise next year and still get a fairly good price/cabin selection since the 2006 cruise would still be a year away.

Mary Rose - At this point I still dont have my pictures back... Dell has been no help so far and the several data recovery companies Bob has contacted have quoted him $500-$1000 to restore the data. All say they have a 90% recovery rate and wont charge if they dont get the files back. We need to decide what to do... I really want my pictures back.

Ginny

Ginny - That is really a shame. $500 - $1000 is alot of money especially just getting back from vacation! Good luck, maybe Dell will come up with something for free. Also we would miss you in 2006 but really I can see your point. I bet the repo cruise is going to be great. Do you want me to remove you from the list or can I leave you guys since it's just a ***might*** list?

-Mary Rose

Mary Rose.. yes please leave me on the list.... I loved cruising with you guys... it made it so much fun to always have a someone I knew around and I would LOVE to cruise with this group again.

Ginny

3 pages already!
It will be fun to plan with you guys again.
Thanks Mary Rose and Joanna for starting this.
Darlene

Ginny,I am so sorry about the lost of pictures. did you download them from the camera and then crashed? And I know its stupid, put were they on the camera disk still? I didnt take nealry as nice of pics as Terry and Bobby.. but I am sure you can take a little of all of ours to make some memories....

Did anyone file with the insurance from the trip yet... I want my SANDELS back,lol..Just wanted to know how it works...

So busy with school papers, games and my own needs,, miss you guys still.. What a let down after the cruise,,, I am so glad we still talk.
Where is LYNN>?? I tried the email she sent us and it was returned to me.

Doreen

The insurance at Access America is only good for any out of pocket expenses you had because of the trip delay. Since DCL put us up for the night, except for dinner that night there were no expenses. But I don't have the receipt from dinner and it doesn't cover lost wages. This is from the rep at Access America.

Joanna

Good Morning All!

I read on another thread that All Seas said the 2006 rates would be out in 3-4 weeks. DCL told me the end of Sept. So hopefully we'll know something soon.

-Mary Rose

Just bumping up.
Someone let me know when the 2006 dates open up, ok?
Thanks
Darlene

Hi All,
Count me in again for August 2006, I already let Dreams Unlimited know that I want August 19th. I don't care if it is an Eastern or Western. While it was exciting to be on the August 28th cruise for ten days I figured I would go for the week earlier next time, just in case! Hopefully we will hear soon.
Have a great day.:D
Caren

Originally posted by Caren90
Hi All,
Count me in again for August 2006, I already let Dreams Unlimited know that I want August 19th. I don't care if it is an Eastern or Western. While it was exciting to be on the August 28th cruise for ten days I figured I would go for the week earlier next time, just in case! Hopefully we will hear soon.
Have a great day.:D
Caren

I totally agree with your logic, I also am going the week before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter