August 2009 code watch

POOHLUV69

DIS Veteran
I couldnt find an Aug 2009 code watch, so I decided to start one..I do apologize if there was one started :goodvibes .

My family..DH, DD(13), DS (10) and myself..will be heading down to Disney next August. Not sure of the exact dates yet, but starting to plan anyway..just waiting until the packages are released sometime next month.

I've gotten a couple of codes for 2008, but nothing I was able to use :guilty: . I sure hope something comes along for next year :)

For reasons of fiscal responsibility, we just cancelled our September 2008 free-dining trip, which just raises the bar on our expectations for our planned August 2009 10-day trip. We're planning on timing our visit between the rate shift and the start of school -- the August sweet spot.

I will be on the look out, too. My DH has a business convention- but not on DW property. I need a great disney deal to be able to stay on property.
We usually never get a rental car, but we will have to in August.

the last 2 years we have went down to do the free dining during aug/sept. the rates are usually pretty good because it is value season. the schools are back in too. less crowded!
have fun planning!
mousiemom

We will actually be on our honeymoon in Disney then.. I am looking out for the codes and discounts also.

Also planning for Aug, '09. Hoping for a good discount on top of the low season rate. Right now studying the cabins as well as Pop Music Suites.

Same Here!!!
We are planning on returning for a family trip next August as well. Hopefully we will be able to get free dining or a really good pin code!

I just booked a room earlier this week for 8 nights at POFQ for our honeymoon! August 8-16 :goodvibes

For reasons of fiscal responsibility, we just cancelled our September 2008 free-dining trip, which just raises the bar on our expectations for our planned August 2009 10-day trip. We're planning on timing our visit between the rate shift and the start of school -- the August sweet spot.

That's what we are trying to do as well in regards to the August sweet spot. I dont understand the reason of going back to school before Labor Day :confused3 . This year, the first day of school is Thursday Aug 28, they go 2 days..off for 3 and they are still getting out the 2nd week of June..makes no sense.

Anyway, I got codes in emails last winter and I'm really hoping for some this year as well. Free dining would be fab, but it usually starts too late for us to take advantage..I wouldn't take the kids out of school..I'll have 1 in middle school and the other starting high school and it would just be too much work to make up.

I'm in! We're hoping to book August 30th - September 5th. I'm not exactly sure where yet, we're still deciding. Can't wait! :)

Dh, the family and I just decided today on our August dates: August 6-15, 2009. I am hoping for a good rate.

We are hoping for a August trip as well. Not sure where we are staying. Depends on my Budget in the next couple of months.
Can't wait!!!!

Subbing...shooting for a late August 2009 trip to WL....fingers are crossed tight!!! I have had the fever ever since we got home on July 11th from WDW and WL!!!

We're trying to plan for the first week of August 2009 and hoping for good rates like they offered for this time in 2008. It sure is hard to plan around everyone's school schedules, with family in different parts of the US! :)

We're trying to plan for the first week of August 2009 and hoping for good rates like they offered for this time in 2008. It sure is hard to plan around everyone's school schedules, with family in different parts of the US! :)

I know what you mean. The only weeks we had to pick from next year was the 3rd week in August or Christmas week. DSD's college schedule is completely different than the public school schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter