August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

I'm in! We have our flights booked Aug 5-16 pick up and drop off at MCO. Found a intermediate via Sky Scanner for $340 which includes all taxes and fees, $0 deductibles for SLI, CDW etc. and an additional driver. It's with SIXT which I know is off site but that's fine with us.

As a rule of thumb do most of you take just the car rental and use your own insurance rather than take the car rental one? Does it make any difference overall - other than possibly making the cost a little lower?

Last year we travelled in August and paid $150.00 for a full-sized rental car for the week. I used name your price on priceline but this year the cost has significantly gone up. Do rental car rates go down as it gets closer to your trip? Last year I think I booked about a month before.

In recent years for drop off and pick up at MCO I just check Costco's car rental website each day up until the day before I leave. I always end up with a great rate through them and Alamo. I prefer Alamo anyways for the pick any car you want in your specific isle. Last year I got a Premium car (a loaded Chrysler 300 with everything in it) for right around $301 for 14 days.

Last year we travelled in August and paid $150.00 for a full-sized rental car for the week. I used name your price on priceline but this year the cost has significantly gone up. Do rental car rates go down as it gets closer to your trip? Last year I think I booked about a month before.

We didnt go to FL last August, but in 2013 we did. We flew into Tampa for that trip and our rental car price was 178 for a full size for 10 days. I got the best price exactly 7 days before we left- but I remember those flying into Orlando were getting better prices a couple weeks ahead of me according to a thread like this on the DIS. Right now I expect my rate will drop but I ALWAYS book a reservation when I make my flight arrangements and reshop as we get closer! We much prefer Alamo but also will use Dollar- we hate to stop at a rental car counter!

Haven't found anything all that great for August 22-29. Best deal so far seems to be Dollar with Corporate Discount code oi1054, as listed at mousesavers. I got such a great deal at Alamo last month that I'm really hoping to get something close again, though I know that summer season is going to be tougher.

Haven't found anything all that great for August 22-29. Best deal so far seems to be Dollar with Corporate Discount code oi1054, as listed at mousesavers. I got such a great deal at Alamo last month that I'm really hoping to get something close again, though I know that summer season is going to be tougher.

Are you picking up at the airport? And did you try Vacation Outlet corp code VO5013?

Are you picking up at the airport? And did you try Vacation Outlet corp code VO5013?

Yes, pickup and dropoff at MCO. I am not familiar with Vacation Outlet. I periodically try the Costco website's rental car search feature along with the various codes posted at Mousesavers.

I'll be checking back regularly as my trip gets closer to take advantage of all the great advice I am sure to get from my fellow disboarders! :D

Last year, the best price for my rental didn't come up until about a week or two before our trip. It was either a midsize or standard from Alamo for $99.06 total using the Costco code (8/30/14-9/6/14). I'd say book something now and just keep checking/re-booking as the prices are likely to drop.

Last year, the best price for my rental didn't come up until about a week or two before our trip. It was either a midsize or standard from Alamo for $99.06 total using the Costco code (8/30/14-9/6/14). I'd say book something now and just keep checking/re-booking as the prices are likely to drop.

Yes, this sounds like a good strategy. I think the best I've found thus far was something in the $160's grand total from Dollar, which I wasn't too happy with but probably should have booked anyway. I got spoiled by Alamo's skip-the-counter system last January and would prefer to stick with them.

So far the best price I have seen is $470 USD for two weeks Aug 18-Sept 2......that is with Budget, through Costco. I know the price will come down as the time gets closer. I am hoping for less than $300 CAD. I am going to have to be patient.

Yes, this sounds like a good strategy. I think the best I've found thus far was something in the $160's grand total from Dollar, which I wasn't too happy with but probably should have booked anyway. I got spoiled by Alamo's skip-the-counter system last January and would prefer to stick with them.

Dollar has a program where you can bypass the counter too. Just an FYI. HTH!

Dollar has a program where you can bypass the counter too. Just an FYI. HTH!

Hmm, this is good to know. My comments were based on what currently appears on the Mousesavers website, which states (it seems erroneously) that Dollar has no direct-to-the-car express program. I guess that part of their site needs updating.

My price (as of 3/23/15)) for our August 2015 trip is : $337.16 for 11 days for a mid-size SUV. This is thru Alamo using the BJ's contract ID and the Visa coupon code for $30 off (AF4469SDU). Incidentally, the price was the same if I just signed into the Alamo site using our Alamo Insiders info and adding the Visa coupon. I booked the ressie with the BJ's code AND logged in to the site with our Insiders creds because with the BJ's code there is a free additional driver and we will be able to bypass the counter and kiosk and just go right to the garage to pick out a vehicle. I'm still hoping for a better rate (as in < $300), but I can live with this price if it doesn't come down. I just hope there is more than one SUV to choose from at midnight when we arrive at MCO.

We have a price of $480 for a mid size SUV for two weeks in August 2015 through Budget. If I read it correctly, Budget does not charge to add a spouse on to drive. I know the other companies charge a fee per day to add a driver.

Right now we have a reservation with Alamo, a mid size SUV for 2 weeks in August for 470.00. It's an Alamo Insider rate. I leave the driving to my husband so I"m not sure about the additional driver.

I suggest making a reservation and the submitting it to http://www.autoslash.com/tracking to track. They will email you if they find a cheaper price in the same class you reserved or higher. It beats manually checking every single day.

Hi-we have a midsize booked with Alamo for $310 for Aug 23-Sept. 2nd. Using BJ's code, and the corp code 299851 (it's the zoom zoom code). that price inc. tax and all the fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter