*August 2019 check in*

We, WDW vets, are going to DL 8/10 & 8/13-16, so very excited!! Kinda overwhelmed on possible hotels but I think we are going to stay @ CCI for the 2nd part of trip 8/13-16 since it seems recommended on the DISboards. Id really like to stay at DLH a night or two 8/9 & 8/10, since I stayed once in 95, and Id like to with my family now. Boy that price tag is expensive. I really dont have the means to spend 2 nights there when I could get the whole trip hotel expenses paid for at the same price somewhere else. And the perks by staying @ DLH dont seem gamechanging with a 5day hopper. We can still go to Sams w/o staying there, correct? Cant really afford the Poly or GF either during our trips to WDW, but its nice that we can still visit and enjoy the restaurants on site.

I read about HSM refurb schedule on this link and I am confused. Seems to be down Mon 8/12 & Wed 8/14 but open Tues 8/13, and Thurs/Fri 8/15-16. I would think they shut it down multiple days in a row to change but what do I know. Is this sim to what happened in the past?

Yes you can still go to Trader Sams w/o staying on property. We rarely ever stay on property at Disneyland but we do stay on property at WDW. Honestly the prices for on property at DL are so high we wouldn’t be able to budget for other fun things throughout the year and leaving the bubble for the short walk to the hotels on Harbor has never bothered us.

Yes you can still go to Trader Sams w/o staying on property. We rarely ever stay on property at Disneyland but we do stay on property at WDW. Honestly the prices for on property at DL are so high we wouldn’t be able to budget for other fun things throughout the year and leaving the bubble for the short walk to the hotels on Harbor has never bothered us.

This. We always stay onsite at WDW, but have only ever once stayed on property in DL. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and it was nice, but not worth the extra money at all. Otherwise, we always just stay at a motel on Harbor Blvd across from the main gate and it's fine. The only real benefit was being able to take the monorail directly into Disneyland in the mornings at park opening, but if walking through Downtown Disney to the park entrances, I think it took longer than walking from the park entrance from Harbor Blvd. That said, if someone wanted to give me a great deal on one of the DL hotels, I wouldn't say no. ;)

Anyone else started packing?

I’ve got our carry on bags out and have been throwing things in them. I have a problem with overpacking so this trip I am going to try hard to just pack what I need. Since we are only using carryon I don’t have much choice.
I want to go now :yay:

I’ve got our carry on bags out and have been throwing things in them. I have a problem with overpacking so this trip I am going to try hard to just pack what I need. Since we are only using carryon I don’t have much choice.
I have made my packing list and started throwing things I buy for the trip into my backpack carry on. I agree.... let's all go now.

Guys, I am SO EXCITED!

My hubby gave me the okay today to go ahead with our trip next month. He won't be able to join us for the entire week but he'll be there 2-3 days plus 1 day in Carlsbad to see his family. YES! And to top it off, I was able to score an employee rate room so we'll be staying for SUPER cheap. We will probably be doing a split stay. The kids and I are booked at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort Monday 8/12 to Friday 8/16. We still have to decide where to stay Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th. It's looking like our park days will be Tuesday - Saturday. I also just scored a Saturday early morning reservation for Minnie and Friends for all 6 of us. With the amount of money we'll save on hotels, we should be able to do 2 character meals and possibly WOC. It's like my Disney dreams are coming true. Eeek! And I got a super cheap employee rate hotel in Carlsbad for the few days after our Disneyland part so we can visit with my husband's family. SCORE!

Score on the employee rate! We are actually staying at the Fairfield but coming in on Aug 18th. Fairfield is the only Hotel we've stayed at besides the DL Hotel. We like it even though it is more expensive. We also loved the Panera Bread right up front.

I haven't started "packing" but I have started to gather things needed. I purchased a portable charger as I'm not sure how much of my phone will drain. I also got a matador pocket blanket in case we need to sit on the ground.

The hours are up for our first day and I don't see HM on the refurbishment schedule. However, I did notice that the hours on the website show up until the 18th but the App only has up until the 16th. Not sure why there is a lag.

Booked our transportation.....the pick up time is 3:48 AM. :worship: I'm sure we will be tired but hoping on Day 1 to do HM in case it goes down and SWGE. If we don't get to ride the ride it's not big deal. Deluxe passholders are unblocked the next day so I'm not sure if there will be lots of people trying to also go to SWGE. My DD-12 would love to build a droid so hoping the lines are not too long for that.

I did make a splurge purchase for the trip. The Disney Store website was having a sale so I purchased a Loungefly mini back pack and wallet. :flower1:

Not packing yet, but definitely have my lists going and doing all the shopping :) I hear you on the overpacking struggle too! The Disney part of my trip is the second half of a week long CA vacation (first half is my cousin’s wedding in the San Diego area) so between Disney days and wedding festivities I have quite a lot to get in my suitcase :)

Score on the employee rate! We are actually staying at the Fairfield but coming in on Aug 18th. Fairfield is the only Hotel we've stayed at besides the DL Hotel. We like it even though it is more expensive. We also loved the Panera Bread right up front.
This will be our first time staying at this Fairfield. Do you have any tips on a good room/better location/etc? We are booked into a 2-bed non-premium room. I'm hoping the rooms aren't too teeny since it'll be me with 4 kiddos. We're spoiled at my husband's property (a recently renovated Fairfield) that has mostly enormous suites.

Not packing yet, but definitely have my lists going and doing all the shopping :) I hear you on the overpacking struggle too! The Disney part of my trip is the second half of a week long CA vacation (first half is my cousin’s wedding in the San Diego area) so between Disney days and wedding festivities I have quite a lot to get in my suitcase :)
Yikes I’d be over packing for sure. Sometimes I come back and can unpack half a bag of clean cloths lol. Hubby isn’t coming this trip so I won’t be able to use part of his bag. 🤣

This will be our first time staying at this Fairfield. Do you have any tips on a good room/better location/etc? We are booked into a 2-bed non-premium room. I'm hoping the rooms aren't too teeny since it'll be me with 4 kiddos. We're spoiled at my husband's property (a recently renovated Fairfield) that has mostly enormous suites.
Last time we went there was basically 4 adults as the older kids are the same size as adults and DD was 9. She slept in the chair that pulled out into a bed but most nights ended up in bed with me because she was to cold being next to the AC.

The room we had was large enough for us to set out our luggage so we could live out of those while the girls used the dresser. There was also storage in the closet area where we kept food and water. I ordered food online from a local supermarket for delivery. We got breakfast items, snacks, water, etc. I had room for a styrofoam cooler where I kept water cold using the hotel ice machine.

I also liked that the sink was separated from the shower toilet so that made it quicker for all of us to get ready in the AM.

We were on the backside of the hotel and I was worried about freeway noise but we didn’t hear a thing or we were so exhausted we slept through it. Since the rooms have a open balcony a couple of nights we went to the top floor and watched the fireworks from the hotel. Not sure if we were supposed to do this as these are the “premium” rooms but no one else was out side watching with us.

Trying not to get too excited just yet, but the daily calendar for my first park day is up on the website (Monday 8/19) and Haunted Mansion is NOT listed as down for refurbishment! I know some were speculating that it may go down that day as it went down around that week last year. Hopefully that remains the case! Also the park hours are extended back out to 8am to midnight at DL, and DCA says 8am to 9pm, but also has a WOC showing for 9pm...not sure if one of the times is a typo? Either way, all things to be excited about! Can’t wait to see how the schedule for the rest of my trip plays out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter