August Codes/AP Rates?

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Well, my DH and I really want to be able to take a trip to WDW this August for our son's, Chase, first birthday. However, with daycare payments a reality now, we're still waiting to see how we fall each month financially so we're not booking anything...yet.

Right now, we're shooting for the All Stars and I'd love movies, but if I recall, that is rarely, if ever, discounted. So our 2nd choice is music. Is it worth it to get a preferred view? Are there standard views that are not TOO much of a hike? Do they discount the preferred view locations? What locations do you recommend at ASMu with a baby, a mom and dad and possibly one pair of grandparents? (We'd be getting 2 rooms in that case). Is Calypso a preferred location? What about Broadway??

Thanks for any info on codes and/or room locations!!!!!!!!!

We have been able to get DC discount for ASMO in August, both last year and for 2003 too.
Ive never been to ASMU, but at Movies, I dont feel the preferred rooms are worth the money. The whole resort isnt that spread out, and to be honest, Fantasia isnt our "preferred" theming. We have stayed at both Toy Story & Mighty Ducks and liked both. TS wasnt too far from the main building at all. MD was a little longer(probably not even 5 minutes) but there you have another pool, plus the option of walking to ASMU for the FC or buses. We liked having the option of taking whichever bus came first home from the parks.
Good luck, and maybe Ill get to see you there!

Hi Scanne,
it's amazing how those daycare payments take a big chunck out of your budget. I know I had 2 kids in daycare for a while. Now I am paying Catholic school tuition so it doesn't end for me.

Anyway if you want to get the best rate for the All Stars go after August 24th. That is when value season starts up again.

We've stayed at Movies and Music.
If you can get Movies.....grab it. We liked it better.:D
Right now from what I've heard they ARE including Movies in the current discounted prices.:D But not sure what it will be like for August.
The way Movies is layed out...no....."preferred" is not worth the extra $. Just make sure you ask for anything EXCEPT Love Bug. That is the farthest away. We stayed in Dalmations #4 and it was a short 2 minute walk!

Music is another story....IMHO..."preferred" is worth it. :D
Calypso is the preferred building and that gets you closest to the food court, bus stop and main pool.
We stayed in Jazz Inn which was great! But nothing guarentees that one. You DON'T want Country Fair or Broadway. They are the farthest away and with a baby it will be a VERY LONG walk.:eek:

When in August?? If you go the first or second week....expect it to be crowded. Therefore the chances of getting a building you want are slim! And you will want that preferred location.
If you are going late in the month, the crowds will be much lighter, and you will have a better chance of getting a non-preferred room in a good location.:)
With music, I would not want to take the chance, I'd get "preferred"!:)

We have received discounted rates at both Movies and Music. Movies is just harder to get I think because it's the one most people want. I agree with not getting preferred at Movies ... definitely not worth the money. We have stayed at Music twice, and quite honestly, we prefer it because it's a little more quieter than Movies. We were in Calypso once (before it was "preferred"), and were just in Jazz in October. To be honest, I thought Jazz was the perfect location because it was not too far from the food court, and nicely between both the pools. I would not want to have a pool view in Calypso (way too noisy), and if you are at the bottom of the "T" shape in the building, you might as well be in Jazz. We went in 2001 at the very end of August and it was not busy at all. Hopefully you'll be able to get a $49 rate ! I would not recommend Sports at all. I found the big pool to be in need of some cosmetic maintenance, and it seemed full of 10-14 year old boys (imagine that !).

Mary Liz

We just came back from Music last night and I agree with other posters here. We were in Rock Inn and could have stayed in Jazz Inn but the room wasn't ready when we checked in on 12/31, and I didn't want to wait until after midnight to bring our suitcases to our room to unpack (it was New Years Eve and I knew we would be at the parks late). As it turned out, it rained so hard we left the parks around 8:00 (and kept raining all night), so we could have gotten Jazz (our 1st request).

If you get Movies, I would not get the preferred rate, but if you stay at Music, it is worth it because you have to walk quite a ways to your room if you're in Broadway, Rock or Country Fair, especially if you're on the back side of the building. We were in the front so it wasn't quite as bad as some of the rooms, but still a walk after being at the parks all day.

BTW, it looked like our room was recently refurbished. I think we had new mattresses as they were the new kind that are very high off the ground. Also the carpeting looked new as did the furniture. The walls looked freshly painted too. The last time I stayed at Music, the room looked run down, the carpeting was dirty, the walls were marked up, and the finish on the furniture was bubbled from guests putting drinks on it. I was pleasantly surprised with the room this time.

CamColt were you really able to get a discount code for August? I'd love one as I am booked for ASM but cannot locate one. Can you share?

Thanks!

Sorry about the confusion, Diamond Girls. I got the Disney Club discount for August, not a code.

We have been to Disney prob. 4 -5 times in August. One year we got $49.00 special at All Star Music. Last August 2002 I think we paid $69.00. I wanted to go this July for my big 50th b.day but I think the tour groups from whereever will be there. So we will probably go in August. We really like the Music. We have been lucky in getting Calypso Bldg. next to the pool. Its so conv. to everything. But the other buildings are close also. Even if you get Country , its prob. a 3 to 4 min. walk. Oh yeah , im not fond on flying so we Amtrak out of Dedham, MA to Wash, then switch trains to Florida. TAkes longer, but we get there.

So is Toy Story "standard" at ASMo???? That's the building I'd love to stay in...........Thanks!!!!!!!

Oh and we're going to try to go 8/20 - 27 (I hope).We may have to cut it to 6 days instead of 8.

Yes, Toy Story is standard. Fantasia is the preferred location.

we stayed at movies last year. i requested the toy story building
when making my reservation, but at check in i was told they only
had love bug. i was very disappointed at first, but it turned out to
not be that bad. we took a short cut through the fantasia building
to the pool and food court. there was alot less noise and
people at the love bug end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter