Aulani: A couple random questions

tinibee

Mouseketeer
Hi, a little over a month till we head to Aulani and we are mega excited. We bought into Aulani before it opened but this is our first time seeing it in person!

Couple random questions:

How large is the rice cooker? Is it a Japanese rice cooker (zojirushi, sharp, tiger, etc)?

What kind of premade stuff does Costco have? I want to eat some meals in the villa, but not full on "cook" :). For example, Costco Japan has ready to cook bulgogi trays that make a couple meals. It's been a couple of years since I've been to a US Costco. Do they have more than hy-rollers and chicken Alfredo penne? ;)

Thanks! The more I read about people's Aulani trips, the more excited I am to go!

I can't recall which brand rice cooker they had. If you call I'm sure they'd let you know. It's a full size one if I remember correctly. Probably a 10-cup size, but sometimes my memory fails me!

As for Costco, my DH loves the poke and seaweed salad they sell. They also sell the Portuguese sausage and (zippys-like) chili only sold at hawaiian Costco. So they have some hawaiian fare, but pretty sure they still have the classic costco heat and serve stuff too...I should look for that marinated bugolgi next time.

Have a great time!

I looked through my Aulani photos from September 2012 and this is the best photo I have of the rice cooker. We saw it when we toured a two-bedroom villa. We were in a studio so we did not have a rice cooker in our villa.

file_zps35b357fc.jpg

We had the same rice cooker in our room at Aulani, and it was just big enough for a family of 4. We went grocery shopping several times, which did save us $ on food, but I always hated carrying all the groceries to our room through the lobby...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter