Aulani Cabana policy change

scroot

Mouseketeer
DW just got off the phone with Aulani checking on details for our trip next week. I had tried to reserve a Cabana for a day a couple of months ago only to find they were booked. The CM tonight said the policy is in the process of changing and reservations are going to change to needing to be made while at the resort. She told us that if we inquire at check in there is a good chance. Hopefully she knew what she was talking about. I think it might actually make it easier to get one. Let's hope it is better for everyone. I can post while we are there next week if I get the skinning on any changes.

I will help to clear things up. Due to construction the cabanas are going to be going off the market starting Monday, May 13th. Not sure when they will be back up, but it sounds like it might be for awhile. I KNOW how inconvenient that is! I Hate it too! And I'm not sure why the CM on the phone said that, it sounds like they have been misinformed about the actions taking place regarding cabanas..

I will help to clear things up. Due to construction the cabanas are going to be going off the market starting Monday, May 13th. Not sure when they will be back up, but it sounds like it might be for awhile. I KNOW how inconvenient that is! I Hate it too! And I'm not sure why the CM on the phone said that, it sounds like they have been misinformed about the actions taking place regarding cabanas..

Uhhhh....we have multiple cabana days booked over the next 2 weeks!!! Would that mean our existing bookings are cancelled as well? This is devastating...I can't tell the wife, this will ruin all of our plans for the trip.......

There is no mention of cabana closure on the Aulani website. I bring that up because the spa page shows a closure for the outdoor pools for May. Figured they might have that up to date for guests.

I wouldn't want to spend all that money on a cabana right now at Aulani since four of them back right up to the construction site. Just think of the noise. The ones at the leisure pool are closed because of the construction. So at the most there are six cabanas and I think officially closed one of the four near the construction site. But that could have been a temporary closure.

Uhhhh....we have multiple cabana days booked over the next 2 weeks!!! Would that mean our existing bookings are cancelled as well? This is devastating...I can't tell the wife, this will ruin all of our plans for the trip.......

Seriously? Not being in a cabana is "devastating" and "will ruin all of our plans for the trip"?

Or is it more of a slight disappointment since you can't do something extra-special that you were looking forward to, and now you'll have to find other ways to make what is sure to be an amazing vacation even better?

Seriously? Not being in a cabana is "devastating" and "will ruin all of our plans for the trip"?

Or is it more of a slight disappointment since you can't do something extra-special that you were looking forward to, and now you'll have to find other ways to make what is sure to be an amazing vacation even better?

It's complicated with a back story. We all have our bucket lists and things we save up to splurge on. Fingers crossed they'll still have the 2 cabanas by the water play area available? Otherwise, the wife will make me an honorary cabana boy!!! :rotfl:

I was told a few weeks ago that they were down to 4 rentable cabanas for the week we go (6/8-14). We had one booked but canceled because the day wouldn't work for us. No mention of no cabanas being available so either this is new or people are being told different things.

I will be there for 9 days. I will charge half the rate and set up an area for your family and be your lackey. Hurry up. I only offer one "Corry-bana" a day.

PM me to reserve.

I jut got back a few days ago...inventory is up and down daily due to the construction...don't give up hope...you may get lucky just check every day with the concierge after check in.

I'll be there mid June, I hope everything is back to normal by than! It'll be disappointing if it isn't!

How long is "awhile"?! We have one reserved for 2 days in August - this was going to be our big splurge for the trip to keep DS entertained and happy so we could guarantee ourselves 2 days to stay put an enjoy the resort. Without the cabana I'm pretty sure DS will refuse to spend the day relaxing with us. He'll probably want to go back to the room because he's bored.:headache: When I called to reserve them several weeks ago they said we were 3rd on the list for the dates we wanted...do you think they may still be in / out of commission by August?! If so, shouldn't somebody at Aulani contact people ahead of time who've already reserved them before they arrive to break the news?!

So here's the update...

All 4 of the main cabanas by the construction wall are closed with all of the furniture removed. The cabana people weren't sure if they'd ever open up again since they'll be moving them back into the area currently under construction until the end of summer. The 2 cabanas by the kid's play area are still open. They also added a couple of new VIP areas with a private deck area in front of AMA AMA by the path. They have an AMAZING view of the ocean, offer the same food services, but they don't have a fridge, TV, fan or tent. They don't have any power there yet so a fridge may be on it's way soon. You do get a couple of the lounge chairs with the pull over umbrellas and a couple of the nicer lounge chairs. One area has shade while the other is out in the sun. They're the same price as the cabanas. If you're a sun worshiper or like to watch people on the beach, it's great. If you're looking for privacy, a covered enclosure, a fridge to put your own drinks in, or a TV to pass the time, these new areas won't be for you. You'll have to try for the last 2 cabanas.

So here's the update...

All 4 of the main cabanas by the construction wall are closed with all of the furniture removed. The cabana people weren't sure if they'd ever open up again since they'll be moving them back into the area currently under construction until the end of summer. The 2 cabanas by the kid's play area are still open. They also added a couple of new VIP areas with a private deck area in front of AMA AMA by the path. They have an AMAZING view of the ocean, offer the same food services, but they don't have a fridge, TV, fan or tent. They don't have any power there yet so a fridge may be on it's way soon. You do get a couple of the lounge chairs with the pull over umbrellas and a couple of the nicer lounge chairs. One area has shade while the other is out in the sun. They're the same price as the cabanas. If you're a sun worshiper or like to watch people on the beach, it's great. If you're looking for privacy, a covered enclosure, a fridge to put your own drinks in, or a TV to pass the time, these new areas won't be for you. You'll have to try for the last 2 cabanas.

Well so this pretty much BITES. Same price as a cabana but with no tv, ceiling fan or frig? Are they NUTS? The biggest reasons we wanted the cabana were for the tv and shade/ceiling fan as the last thing my 16 yr old DS wants to do is "lay out" for 8 hours. Really bummed Aulani. Really bummed. :(
Thanks for the update.

Anal Annie said:
Well so this pretty much BITES. Same price as a cabana but with no tv, ceiling fan or frig? Are they NUTS? The biggest reasons we wanted the cabana were for the tv and shade/ceiling fan as the last thing my 16 yr old DS wants to do is "lay out" for 8 hours. Really bummed Aulani. Really bummed. :(
Thanks for the update.

We saw these ones when we were there last month and I wondered to myself if they were the same price.

While they are nice, they are completely outside the gated pool area. They also weren't covered (tented) that we saw (since it would block the view from the people dining in Ama Ama). It looked like a nice deck area but not a cabana by any means. Wish I would've taken pictures!

Yeah, the new area doesn't look that enticing. Also I did not see any ramped access which we would need. Steps on both sides. It also appeared that not many are interested in the Cabanas that are open as one of them went vacant all day today.

Did not like either cabana choices so canceled my Thursday reservation. Instead decided to buy the large Aulani Dooney week end bag. Lasts a lot longer than a day cabana rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter