Aulani, dealing with time change.

Well, we've been here for 3 days and our 9 month old is determined to stay on California time and so is up at 4am every day. Ugh.

I have seen some beautiful sunrises, but 4am in Hawaii, is still 4am.

Our 3yr old is doing better, sleeping until 6 or so.
At least the kids still take naps & will nap by the pool, so we can enjoy these beautiful days.

I have been trying to figure this out too. My boys will be 9 & 5 when we go. We are coming from Chicago (5 hr diff). My plan was to take an evening flight in which we get into Hawaii at 8 pm (1am our time). The boys would sleep some on the flight, but then will need to be up while we get luggage, rental car, & get to hotel(probably not in the best mood). Then they can go back to sleep. I am hoping they will then sleep in & this will help us adjust. Then I can keep them up a little later the next night.
I know DH & I had a heck of a time adjusting when we got home. I thought about making a stop in San Diego on the way home for a few days while we adjust to a 3 hr diff, then going to home to Chicago w/only a 2 hr diff. I would rather spend the extra day or 2 in Hawaii though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter