Aulani- Ocean View Studio kitchenette....Some questions...

yolie912

DIS Veteran
Hi
I am going in May and would like to know what kind of silverware and plates are provided. Does anyone have a picture of it?? Do I need to buy this stuff??

Thanks!

For a studio at any DVC resort, including Aulani, you get disposable plates and bowls, plasticware and real glasses and mugs, all for 4. The only difference at Aulani is that the disposable plates and bowls are made out of bamboo. They still don't recycle the bamboo, everything used goes into the trash. If you need more disposable items they will furnish more.

Sorry I didn't take any photos of them.

Just to add to the reply above, you literally get FOUR plates. Disposable plates. So, there we were on night one thinking... ummm, we have plates for two meals. (It's just me and DH.) So we bought four super cheap, disposable, but WASHABLE, plastic Ziploc containers. We used those as plates / bowls for the week and it worked perfectly.

- Dreams

Just to add to the reply above, you literally get FOUR plates. Disposable plates. So, there we were on night one thinking... ummm, we have plates for two meals. (It's just me and DH.) So we bought four super cheap, disposable, but WASHABLE, plastic Ziploc containers. We used those as plates / bowls for the week and it worked perfectly.

- Dreams

You can request more from Housekeeping.

We are finding that we frequently stay in a deluxe studio because it's often just the two of us. We were recently at Aulani and although the bamboo plates/bowls are nice, they don't last forever. And it is very difficult to slice a brick of cheese with a plastic knife. So we've decided to buy a few plastic plates and flatware at Disneyland and always pack at least 2 place settings for our stays.

Hi I am going in May and would like to know what kind of silverware and plates are provided. Does anyone have a picture of it?? Do I need to buy this stuff?? Thanks!
We stayed in a studio at Vero Beach this past March . We asked housekeeping for wine glasses and a knife to cut cheese and they delivered it right away, no problem.We will try to do the same at Aulani next year for our studio,but will pack some plastic ware too.

We stayed in a studio at Vero Beach this past March . We asked housekeeping for wine glasses and a knife to cut cheese and they delivered it right away, no problem.We will try to do the same at Aulani next year for our studio,but will pack some plastic ware too.

There is always the Target store nearby or the ABC Marketplace by Monkeypod for those types of items in case you can't get what you want.

Hi
I am going in May and would like to know what kind of silverware and plates are provided. Does anyone have a picture of it?? Do I need to buy this stuff??

Thanks!

No need to purchase anything. As long as you are staying in a villa, you can make a request to housekeeping for anything that you could find in the larger units. At least those that make sense. We typically stay in studios as well, and almost always request "real" spoons and bowls for breakfast. And have asked for a couple plates and knife for cutting. They have always been accommodating to our requests, and received our supplies quickly

Whenever we saw the housekeeper in the hall at Aulani, she would always ask us if we needed anything for the room and would give us extra plates, bowls, plasticware then. Or like others have mentioned you can always call housekeeping and request more.

The ABC Store is nearby within walking distance. The prices are higher than Target, Costco and Safeway. $6 for a loaf a bread, $5 for gallon of milk, yogurt more than double the price at home. Part of these were island prices, but even so the prices were inflated. There was a take deli the prices seemed high until we realized one serving was enough for both of us. But it was heavy food. And they gave us enough rice for six people.

file_zps72119c8f.jpg

The other stores are located in Kapolei, the exit before Ko Olina. BTW at Safeway the prices appear high but if you use your Safeway card or get one before you check out their discounts apply. We shopped at Target since we are only a couple, the groceries sizes at Costco are more for families IMO. I was disappointed with the Super Target selections though. It was pretty limited compared to our Super Target. I plan to go to Safeway next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter