Aulani Update

Thank you so much for posting. The show looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person. I originally had Polynesian Cultural Center tickets which costed almost $500.00 for the Luau and all day/evening ticket. After seeing your video's, I canceled my tickets. We would prefer to stay around the resort and enjoy our time, not to mention save the money or use it for something else. Looking forward to enjoying the Starlight Hui.

Good choice. I've seen both the PCC show and Paradise Cove (soooo many times...bringing people who'd never been) and other than the lack of a fire dancer the Starlit Hui is miles above luau entertainment. The choreography is more modern, but it's tasteful. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Thanks so much...the videos were great! Now I'm really looking forward to this show! It looks like people are sitting on the ground. Is there any seating? My husband has hip/leg issues and would not be able to sit on the ground. Can you bring a chair?

There's a couple rows of chairs on the far back, right side of the lawn for those who cannot sit on the mats on the ground. Those seats remained relatively empty while we were there.
You could bring your own chair and sit behind the rows of mats.

OK I am gonna be the fuddy duddy here. I wasn't impressed by the Starlight Luau. We left after the first half hour. It just didn't do much for me. The staff really talk it up so maybe my expectations were too big. It was one of only two things on my nine day vacation that I could have lived with out. The other was a 9 hour visit to Pearl Harbor that I would have cut in half if my husband would have let me.
As for the construction I just barely noticed it. Aulani is just magical. Our room overlooked the ocean and the pool and the construction. Other than my sons interest in some cranes I would have never even noticed the construction. There is just wonderfulness all around. We were on the 7th floor and I enjoyed hearing music wafting up and watching all the action at the pool and the ocean in the distance was wonderful. It is an incredible place and other than the fact that they tell you about the construction I don't even think you will notice it... We just got back by the way. We were there April 7th through the 16th. I really need to do a trip report because it is just heaven on earth.

OK I am gonna be the fuddy duddy here. I wasn't impressed by the Starlight Luau. We left after the first half hour. It just didn't do much for me. The staff really talk it up so maybe my expectations were too big. It was one of only two things on my nine day vacation that I could have lived with out. The other was a 9 hour visit to Pearl Harbor that I would have cut in half if my husband would have let me.
As for the construction I just barely noticed it. Aulani is just magical. Our room overlooked the ocean and the pool and the construction. Other than my sons interest in some cranes I would have never even noticed the construction. There is just wonderfulness all around. We were on the 7th floor and I enjoyed hearing music wafting up and watching all the action at the pool and the ocean in the distance was wonderful. It is an incredible place and other than the fact that they tell you about the construction I don't even think you will notice it... We just got back by the way. We were there April 7th through the 16th. I really need to do a trip report because it is just heaven on earth.

The actual starlight hui only lasts for 30 minutes, so you saw the whole thing. The characters come in at the end and it switches to a dance party. We loved the ukelele players in the starlight hui. In fact DS (11) wanted to go to the show again just to see them.

Glad to hear the construction wasn't that bad for you. My biggest concern about it is that we've rented a cabana for 2 days and I would really like those construction walls to be down that are right behind them when we go. At $250 / day I just think it would be more enjoyable not to have all that going on right behind us.

Now, going :offtopic:. NINE hours at Pearl Harbor?!:scared: What were you doing for that long? That sounds like that may have been your husband's doing?! :confused3 We can spend 5 hours there if we include the USS Missouri (which we will do again) but not 9 hours. My DH loves history and the L'Hôtel National des Invalides (the Musee D l'Armee or aka the Army Museum) was a must do on our list for Paris when we went. But we still managed to breeze through it fairly quickly so we could stay on our schedule. He was happy just to be able to see it. Adding in the museums & the Missouri definitely add time to the Pearl Harbor experience but I'm still wondering how you spent that much time there?

OK I am gonna be the fuddy duddy here. I wasn't impressed by the Starlight Luau. We left after the first half hour. It just didn't do much for me. The staff really talk it up so maybe my expectations were too big. It was one of only two things on my nine day vacation that I could have lived with out. The other was a 9 hour visit to Pearl Harbor that I would have cut in half if my husband would have let me...

We also left after about 15 minutes. DW was really tired and I've been to multiple luaus over the years and hadn't seen anything up to that point that was much different.

We did the USS Arizona in about 3 hours. We arrived about 8am, got tickets for 10.45, so went shopping for awhile (I'm retired military and we went to the Navy Exchange nearby) before returning. I've been many times but this was my first visit since the visitor center was renovated and I much approve. dW isn't. As much into history as I am so we left after visiting the Memorial. Otherwise, I'd have done it all. Now I have an excuse to return to Hawaii.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter