Aussie Diser Eloping and having a Disney wedding

mareeld86

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone i just have a couple of Questions...
OK so DF and I have decided to elope and have a Disney wedding :cool1:
But i Have a few things to ask you!!
How would you feel if someone told you they were nicking off to another country to escape the family drama and get married.
and if they said it was open invitation so if you want to come you can but its your decision and you have to pay your own way.
we dont mind it being just us but if people decide they want to come the they are more than welcome too.
Thanks for your help Lauren

Wow, that's very exciting news:cool1:.

If I was your mum I'd probably be a little sad, but then I'd remember YAY Disney and I'd be packing a bag :rotfl:.

Since I completely understand "family drama" I say do it.

How would you feel if someone told you they were nicking off to another country to escape the family drama and get married.
and if they said it was open invitation so if you want to come you can but its your decision and you have to pay your own way.
we dont mind it being just us but if people decide they want to come the they are more than welcome too.
Congrats! Your Disney wedding :bride: should be great.

I would recommend against telling others, to ensure you truly escape the family drama. If someone you tell spills the beans to whoever is causing the drama, it could blow up in your face.

I suggest you go to Disney, get married, then go home and share the good news! Good luck!

Its ok if they tell the people causing the drama because i know that the defiantly wont be able to come!! These are the type of people who booked there wedding in march so they could beat us down the isle in october!!!:rolleyes1

Congratulations!

I would just tell people that you'd decided to get married at Disney; everyone welcomed to come.

If you choose to tell people that you were "escaping the family drama" - just remember that this will be something that people, especially the family, will remember for the rest of your lives. And a little phrase like this tends to magnify over the years. If you are cool with this possibility, then go for it.

Just think - If the family causing the drama like Disney half as much as the rest of us does, then the mere fact that you are having a DISNEY WEDDING will cause them enough angst and envy for the rest of their lives :rotfl2:.

And if nothing else, you and DF will have this salacious little thought to savour for the rest of your lives!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :bride: :groom: How exciting having a Disney Wedding!

If someone told me they were going to Disney to get married I would be so excited for them and if invited I would gladly go over for it and be happy to pay my own way. I don't know how I'd feel about being told it was because of the family drama but if I wasn't family I wouldn't care :rotfl: and if I was family I would probably understand wanting to escape the drama if it was likely that there would be drama :lmao:

I think you should really do what suits you and your husband to be. It is ultimately your event, your day. I know when we got married we got married our way, it was very small, only about 15 people, immediate family, we may have offended extended family and friends but they all got over it :rotfl: They still talk to us, they may have grumbled behind our backs :rotfl: I don't really know, but we had the best day, it was so much fun, totally stress free and I still look back on my wedding photos and all I can do is smile, often laugh as it was a great day.

Enjoy your Disney wedding pixiedust:

I think it's a fab idea. You should totally do it. It's so much nicer to spend your money on something awesome that you want than spend it on feeding everyone you have ever met in your life :goodvibes

Nobody who really loves you is going to be upset about you doing it. Those that love you will understand and support you whether or not they can be there.

I am totally eloping to Disneyland when I get hitched next time :lmao:

Can I come????

xxx

Aussiegirls your more than welcome to come.
The rest of the family already know how much of a pain these people in the family are..... First the drama started with my mother in law then my sister in law then me and now my other sister in law...
So the people we have told say go for it and the rest who say they cant afford it i have told them if they save $50 a week until we go they will be able to go to lol.....I found flights from Melbourne to Orlando for $1200 for god sakes thats cheaper than we got to LAX last time!!

I'd actually not recommend telling people they're free to come if they want. We did that, and now our nice little intimate wedding of less then 30 guests is blowing out to be over 50 :scared1:

Make sure it's only people who you'd really like to see there that know they're free to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter